Re: New devblog: New tech trees

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Would it not be possible to make all 100% stuff complete in the new system and then pool the incomplete points?

Exactly due to the difference between the two systems, the only way that is fair and equal for everyone is to pool everything.

52 (edited by zigZag 2013-05-04 15:01:44)

I am not sure some peeps know whats going on in the game,,,or whats happened.

Ceo sssst have put half of the corp assets in a "pool"  before they let their subs expire....

Production peeps that used vast stocks of corp kernels to reach end tech,,,just to leave the corp looking into a empty 'pool'.

This 'system' is a sucker bet yet again....i have struggled to stay in this game.  i have six or seven T4 researched,,,using one koller of bot,,,mostly because the map is fubar!!!!!.  Now you want me to give a endity more kernels,,,that he can send to whatever hole he choses...and can lock me out of that hole. Jeeze i have read this story,,,and it does not end well....What are youzzzz thinking...

I am not going to hand over kernels,,,that i have a small chance of advancing me in this game.   The Ceo locks up all the gear that is produced,,,,because of fear of thieves, common good,,,is a joke. Why do you think half the server is playing something else....

I don't care what the production bonus is,,,reaching any tech with a 10x1 ratio for a production bonus.....is a brass ring....that no one ever catches....Put this hat on,,,and go sit in the corner...

PS,,,sorry i left without any positive vibes...my bad.

With turn over, attention span,,,latest "new" thing,,,,Hording CEOs walking through the wast land.

Corp tech should mature much faster then player tech...if this system is going to work.   Re,,,Reserching tech is probably my biggest *** in the game...so a corps research needs to be fast for me to keep doing it Over,,,and Over,,,,and Over...Zort,,,mentioned 4 to 1...or is that what time it is,,,four to one...we need three more...lol

Is zigZag account was stolen or what?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

"Gifted", pay no attention to it cause nobody else does. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I suspect that it was "gifted" to very wrong person and now used in very wrong way.

So basically, going from memory here, the cost to get a rank 3 extension to level 10 is roughly 32k EP, 6 different tech trees mean for someone who has pretty much all T4 research unlocked he would need roughly 200k to get back to the same items unlocked. Thats assuming the RP conversion will be accurate.

I'm just using Rank 3 as an example. I think the new research system is needed, and an improvement. But your recent decision to have it tied to EP (blame Simmy's suggestion?) completely negates the value of RP, and randomly makes the guy who happens to have some EP banked the top prototyper. That doesn't seem right. And god forbid you make the extensions higher than a rank 3 skill.

I doubt it was ever intended for 1 player to obtain all the research, it has happened and it has been really bad for trade/ conflicts etc. On it's own the new system makes it even easier to gain specific research. With the implementation of enabler extensions this will discourage 1 player to have all tech in the game.

Its not designed for the vet player that already has all the research, it's intended for future players and that is what the Devs have been focusing on. Look at all those solo prototypers/traders, they have left shortly after accomplishing a full researched character, and made billions in trade.

Research should be an on going process.So decrease the grind, add the EP to balance.

RIP PERPETUUM

Dude we already finished the "on-going process" 3 years ago, when we matched and then outpaced the rate of new content being implemented.

How can it be designed for new players, are they expected to start out and spend their first ~200-300k EP into enabler-extensions too? Oh right, they should probably buy more accounts to be viable right? lol As Cassius pointed out, what good is 27k observer kernels to me now when I gotta spend 100-200-300k EP into enabler-extensions that reinvent the wheel to get to the same place where we are already at?

It doesn't decrease the grind at all, it essentially resets it so what everyone had to grind before, now has to grind again, x10 for corp knowledge - except now you'll "grind" EP with your $$$/NIC too. So we'll get to skip the useless modules like cargo/chassis scanners, whoop-de-fookin-do. lol

Recycled content that introduces the worst kind of grind for new players, lousy excuse for evident lack of vision and ability to develop new content. Coupled with the prototype bots change, it should do a pretty good job of driving out any new players from the game when they hit the brickwall of the Grind.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

How paradoxical, when players accept the grind, finish it as fast as possible, then whine later there is nothing else to 'grind' for and leave. It's evident increasing grind makes players want to stay longer, better if it was new content ofc, but unfortunately development is much slower .

The the next best thing is to recycle old content, making it easier for a group of  new players to form up and decide which part of the research they want to specialize into, if you lose one not a huge deal its just 1/6 of the research at the most. 

The corp knowledge base is another matter x10 is far to much and no one will use it at that level imo. So this needs further discussion.

RIP PERPETUUM

So this change means my prototype character will now need 300k ep to be able to proto less stuff. Are they trying to make folks leave?

61 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-05-04 20:16:20)

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

So this change means my prototype character will now need 300k ep to be able to proto less stuff. Are they trying to make folks leave?

i dont think the devs have named a complexity for the extentions yet, and maybe they still have to decide. i think i made it quite clear in my post.
everything else is speculation. but of cource thats what ppl like to do ^^

Even without extensions a change reducing the level of already gained research sucks tbh. Balance fragments and I could live with it :-)

1). 10x RP for corp pool is impractical ... needs to be more like 2x

2). Enabler extensions should decrease the materials needed to prototype the tree by .05 per level not be linked to unlocking the column the item is in, OR decrease the points needed to unlock items in the specific tree by .01 per level 

and how will this translate into the Corp knowledge base ??? the corp does not gain EP.... and tying access to the Corp knowledge base through members with specific roles is ... sad so many things to go wrong here.

3). I am all for implementing a new system ... but it needs to not cause the current prototyping characters to lose all access they have to their research so far... some people have hundreds of thousands unspent EP but I think that few and far between. If you are going to link EP to Research and prototyping in such a large way people need to be allowed to re allocate their EP in a way that would make the system work for them just as they would have done if it were implemented at launch.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

On second thought ...

Allow down-grading extensions up to level 10 for every one permanently or (for first 30 days after the patch) with only 1 down grade per day 

this should enable everyone to get where they need to be with in 30 days of core system changes

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux you should know by now that only M2S or Hungryans like Tamas get their EP reset.

What I will never understand is why they feel the need to *** industrialists over with every patch. I mean who thought it was a good idea to make everyone's research worth less? I understand making a system for new players and not existing but why *** the existing guys over in the process?

My suggestion would be to reset all industry extensions that should give enough EP to play around with the new research extensions. Who needs material efficiency at level 10 anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

68 (edited by Brutux 2013-05-05 17:24:46)

I am hoping this is simply the Devs being open with us and giving us a look at upcoming ideas (which we ALL yell and scream at them to do 24/7) and from our feedback realizing this particular concept has an issue (EP tied to research creates massive EP bottleneck that randomly eliminates researched techs)

So, thanks for being open to us on this, Zoom. We the players may have pointed out something you might not have thought of. Since its conceptual at this point and not implimented ... any thoughts on the direction you may choose to address our concerns?

Also both Celebro and Tux have some decent ideas. Since this will affect the long term indy charcaters the most, some way to adjust their current invested EP would be the best solution. My Combat doesn't need an EP reset because of this obviously.

And I should add that for myself, I have at least one account with enough EP banked, and enough kernels kicking around, to probably weather this whole change, as currently proposed, just fine. But it would probably be terrible for most existing prototypers and that would be bad for the game. And I just want the game strong.

Idea with extensions isn't bad by itself, only realisation is matters. If DEVs just can add tose extensions raised already accordingly to the current kb progress - that would be the best solution IMO.

70 (edited by Goffer 2013-05-06 06:25:44)

In fact it would be most convinient if each Player would have the EP needed to get Reseacrh he allready made, but this would imbalance EP for a lot of chars and be a smash in face of those players that  save Kernels atm.

I agree that it would be good if in future research on one char for all items would be hard and diversification encuraged. On the other hand it is clear, that it is no fun, if char have enough "Kernelpoints" to get all research again, but needs 6 month EP to unlock. There needs to be a balance. Maybe it is good to use intermediate steps, like start with simple dificulty (1) modify the difficulty of the skill later on and give enough time to save EP.

Sorry  for the rant...but i saw medium chem missiles at lvl 7, or wtf lvl...and and and thermil armor now putting these devs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,smacks self,,,,,,,,,,,

One thought,,,,The life span of players might be data that can help determine grind ratios.  Those of us left are like a brine.  Renewing players for the game,,,might like a year of fast progress.  There is allot of game now, and its fun.

zigZag wrote:

Sorry  for the rant...but i saw medium chem missiles at lvl 7, or wtf lvl...and and and thermil armor now putting these devs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,smacks self,,,,,,,,,,,

One thought,,,,The life span of players might be data that can help determine grind ratios.  Those of us left are like a brine.  Renewing players for the game,,,might like a year of fast progress.  There is allot of game now, and its fun.

,,,,,,,,,,what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jasdemi wrote:
zigZag wrote:

,,,,,,,,,,what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6 for 1 sale on Karma (pronounced Comma).

74 (edited by Celebro 2013-05-06 17:30:07)

Arga wrote:

6 for 1 sale on Karma (pronounced Comma).

Arga, stop slacking and post one of your wall-o-text tongue

I still remember our discussion a year ago or so about research changes. It was somewhere along these lines of changes that are about to happen. You where concerned about how much easier getting a to a specific top tier module would be, that's why I think now, that adding EP into the knowledge base will balance this out Nicely.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sooo what's the difference between...
* not being able to research due to lack of extensions and therefore not being able to prototype
versus
* having the knowledge but not being able to prototype due to lack of extensions?

Corporation don't hold extensions, how would I be able to unlock them?

The latter makes more sense all research is unlocked from the start but only those with the extensions needed will be able to build them.

RIP PERPETUUM