1 (edited by DEV Zoom 2015-05-12 14:56:04)

Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-05-12

Server will be down for about 15 minutes tomorrow on 2015-05-12, starting from 15:00 CEST/servertime (13:00 UTC).

We'll be deploying a few important fixes:

• Rework of sending terrain layer data, which should stop plant-related lag.

• Stop MPC turrets using modules without clear line of sight, if the obstacle is indestructible by that module.

• Fix for roaming NPCs not respawning on gamma.

• Fix for energy wells leaving residual energy tiles within their mining range.

• Energy amount in energy fields increases by ~50%, while their area gets reduced by ~50%. This will only affect fields that spawn after the change.

• Fix for not being able to take over enemy MPC buildings that have been forcefully disconnected from their network.

edit: Patch is out, full patch notes are here.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-05-12

\0/

Wow, just great!
Even more incentive for alpha carebearing.

Stop! Hammer Time!

(I spent 10 minutes logging into this slow *** site to say that)

Illiathos wrote:

Wow, just great!
Even more incentive for alpha carebearing.

Strange... I thought, bugfix for the gamma and beta islands - it's an incentive to play there...

Not when you can still make more farming a static spawn on alpha that you can running around trying to find observers on gamma. Observers need to drop more or just be more common. A static observer spawn would be amazing

DEV Zoom wrote:

Server will be down for about 15 minutes tomorrow on 2015-05-12, starting from 15:00 CEST/servertime (13:00 UTC).

• Stop MPC turrets shooting targets that are hiding behind terrain.

Can we state clearly that if for some reason this 'don't shoot behind terrain' change can be abused in a way thats not intended that would be considered an exploit and should be reported ASAP.

Not to question your coding but since I've lost two bases to a change's unintended consequence in the past it might be prudent.

Gwyndor wrote:

Not when you can still make more farming a static spawn on alpha that you can running around trying to find observers on gamma. Observers need to drop more or just be more common. A static observer spawn would be amazing

All islands will be free roaming NPCs soon.

RIP PERPETUUM

Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Can we state clearly that if for some reason this 'don't shoot behind terrain' change can be abused in a way thats not intended that would be considered an exploit and should be reported ASAP.

Not to question your coding but since I've lost two bases to a change's unintended consequence in the past it might be prudent.

If it's any consolation to you, I reported the turret shooting terrain "feature".

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If it's any consolation to you, I reported the turret shooting terrain "feature".

I don't doubt you did. I just don't think peoples hard work should be under threat because the devs don't have the manpower to test properly.

Annihilator "gamma revamp testing" topic wrote:

the other thing some here still missing - upon a gamma vets demand, turrets do not stop shooting when their LoS is blocked by plants. so you can hide behind plants and stuff until the turrets ran out of accumulator. I think they don't even stop when you hide behind indestructible stuff.

same topic, next post:

Ville wrote:

1.  You guys did an excellent job balancing energy.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Added 2 new points to the OP.

DEV Zoom wrote:

• Fix for energy wells leaving residual energy tiles within their mining range.

• Energy amount in energy fields increases by ~50%, while their area gets reduced by ~50%. This will only affect fields that spawn after the change.

Yay!!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

how convenient

Stop MPC turrets shooting targets that are hiding behind terrain.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

how convenient

How dare they fix that bug Im abusing!

Rage Blackout wrote:

how convenient

You wanted to come, stand up and grab the base? No, it will not turn. You have to or attack or going to a Barbie doll.

I didnt see yall complaining when you came after our base using that bug

18 (edited by Syndic 2015-05-12 10:10:49)

They only complain when they get a taste of their own medicine. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

This is not a complaint. The game must be fair.

DEV Zoom wrote:

this statement is a tad little vague.
I would write it this way:
"Stop MPC turrets using modules without clear line of sight, if the obstacle is indestructible by that module"

simply because EnWar turrets cannot destroy plants with their neuts, and don't need LoS for their supressor, demob and ECM equip.
because of the exploit situation, those LoS-free modules should have a detailed setting for when to use or not. (actually, all turrets should have)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's correct, edited the OP.

And also added another fix for the building takeover issue.

We have to do some last minute fixes, sorry for the delay.

We're up, full patch notes are here.

There is a change for mining liquid minerals that's not in the patch notes, that should still allow you to deplete a liquid field from one point (most of the time, depends also on the shape of the field), but it a different way than before.

However, we're getting some reports that it may not exactly work like we intended, so we're still doing more testing on that.

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is a change for mining liquid minerals that's not in the patch notes, that should still allow you to deplete a liquid field from one point (most of the time, depends also on the shape of the field), but it a different way than before.

However, we're getting some reports that it may not exactly work like we intended, so we're still doing more testing on that.

looks like it's broken now.