Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-05-12

i think noone would mind if liquids on alpha would spawn in smaller, not connected deposits anyway...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gwyndor wrote:

Not when you can still make more farming a static spawn on alpha that you can running around trying to find observers on gamma. Observers need to drop more or just be more common. A static observer spawn would be amazing

So, remove static spawns on alpha, but create them on gamma? 

Do you whiners not realize the impact removing static spawns will have on everything actual PLAYERS that aren't cheating do?  I wonder how it'll effect research, fragment farming, module farming ... Ect.  You're tired of botters?  Put down reds that hunt players On each island.  Not just random patrolling and pathing pawns.

These are the same places you used to farm with friends.  Maybe they just need to be harder ... aggro them all!

They'll change the spawns and you whiney beatches will be whining about something else related to it before long. 

Why do whiners get their way?

-Ensi

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is a change for mining liquid minerals that's not in the patch notes, that should still allow you to deplete a liquid field from one point (most of the time, depends also on the shape of the field), but it a different way than before.

However, we're getting some reports that it may not exactly work like we intended, so we're still doing more testing on that.

I believe, that liquids should only pull from the 9 tiles directly surrounding it.  If you want to stop afk mining, then don't make liquids any easier to afk and or macro Successfully.

I like the idea, but it's seriously the wrong direction imho Mr. Dev. Zoom.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Not when you can still make more farming a static spawn on alpha that you can running around trying to find observers on gamma. Observers need to drop more or just be more common. A static observer spawn would be amazing

So, remove static spawns on alpha, but create them on gamma? 

Do you whiners not realize the impact removing static spawns will have on everything actual PLAYERS that aren't cheating do?  I wonder how it'll effect research, fragment farming, module farming ... Ect.  You're tired of botters?  Put down reds that hunt players On each island.  Not just random patrolling and pathing pawns.

These are the same places you used to farm with friends.  Maybe they just need to be harder ... aggro them all!

They'll change the spawns and you whiney beatches will be whining about something else related to it before long. 

Why do whiners get their way?

-Ensi

Can't argue with anything here..

+1

Remove static npc pls. don't listen to them. I want to enjoy all this whining when you destroy farm. big_smile and also I want to see what happens to the market when this game will be leave carebears

Just @ Game

what are you talking about?

the remove the static spawns, and replace it with mission farming. aka, they remove the system that any1 can afk macro farm without any coding knowledge, with a system that needs an elaborated "bot" that can drive around and do missions.

the later attracts more "active" player anyway, as seen in firefall and such...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

BadAss wrote:

Remove static npc pls. don't listen to them. I want to enjoy all this whining when you destroy farm. big_smile and also I want to see what happens to the market when this game will be leave carebears

The game has so few people now, and you want more people to leave!? Yes, I'm sure that's what the game needs..  *sigh*

33 (edited by Burial 2015-05-13 01:58:34)

Diversity. That's what the game lacks. Assignments and static spawns should coexist. If a player gets bored with one, he'd have the option to do the other at least.

Bluntly removing static spawns because they're abused literally means curing the disease while killing the patient. But that's what happens around here.

+1 burial

remove static NPC is easier than to create protection from botting. in fact, the lack of static NPC is good, just need to change the economic side

Just @ Game

Removing static spawns from alpha would be the absolute dumbest thing to do here. stop crying and wait for the dam Pve patch before worrying about alpha static spawns you lazy *** children. booo whooo i can't do stuff the easy way on gamma and print money anymore poor little me. the gamma spawns re-spawning give you a way to farm on gamma it isn't perfect but its doable. Instead of looking for the good in a patch and seeing what you can make of what has been done all you wanna do is cry and say whelp the game is now dead because the end game island is now to hard for me.

example of a way to farm on gamma (This is very very very inefficient but its doable) 

Have someone in a light bot with t4 light weight frame and a t4 speed nexus. This guy will go out and find said spawns and aggro them. once he has the aggro he will kite them to the farming team made of your typical beacon heavies. they will attack garbing the aggro and proceed to kill the. the light bot will go back out and find more. With the almost insta  re-spawn this is something doable and a way to farm gamma mobs.

Yes i know they tele witch makes them hard to kite (Mob Tele glitch needs to be fixed)
Yes i know a lot of lights would die in doing this but it would take practice to learn
No i don't know how efficient this is (Could be awesome or it could be the worst thing ever)
Yes i know there are holes in the plan this is something i cooked up on five mins. It is just an example of how to possibly use the re-spawns to your advantage instead of crying about it.

Guys just once look at the good that can come from something instead of only the bad.

37 (edited by Blocker 2015-05-13 04:18:05)

BadAss wrote:

remove static NPC is easier than to create protection from botting. in fact, the lack of static NPC is good, just need to change the economic side

Yes that would be easier, however I put it to you that the easy way is not always the right way. In fact, the right way is most always NOT the easiest way.

As texas says above, let's wait and see what eventuates from the PVE patch before we all run around screaming that the sky is falling..

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is a change for mining liquid minerals that's not in the patch notes, that should still allow you to deplete a liquid field from one point (most of the time, depends also on the shape of the field), but it a different way than before.

However, we're getting some reports that it may not exactly work like we intended, so we're still doing more testing on that.

Please change patchnotes immediate.  That is the most important change and those not reading forum should know this

Replace static alpha-NPCs with missions.
Return back drop at the beta/gamma islands if NPC AOE other NPC.

No Static NPC -> less loot/Kernels/Plasma/Components.
Less loot/Kernels/Plasma/Components -> more miners (loot compensation)
Less loot/Kernels/Plasma/Components -> more kernels (missions?) (kernels compensation)
Less loot/Kernels/Plasma/Components -> NPC AOE NPC (loot compensation+using missing tokens(promotion missions runner)+plasma+components)

I can write in more detail in Russian. 8-]

I hope you wouldn't remove such activity as (semi)AFK mining on Alphas.

Because i'm such an old passive wooden stump that likes to do it, without botting and with one window...

This was a most interesting thing in EVE for me even after i've tried almost everything for 7 years of playing. Mining cheap ore while reading books or just relaxing without mashing the buttons...

I don't mind removing static spawns from alpha, because i'm more concerned in assignments which should be improved. Simple farming of NPCs without assignments is boring anyway. Boring, but not so passive as mining, so it's just terrible as hell to me smile

41 (edited by Bluff Butler 2015-05-13 10:14:48)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Liquid mining is now totally broke, they act as solids, tried several different tiles on a new field and all the same, stops after tile is empty.

Why do you keep doing these stupid things?

1. Remove ALL static spawns from Alpha.
2. Remove NPC explosion-damage destroying loot.
3. Implement kernel-buy orders that activate when corp-owned Beta outpost (nothing in NPC terminals!) is at 100
4. Adjust plasma price to 275 Alpha/325 Beta NPC and Gamma/375 owned Beta outpost at 100 stability.

Less incentives for botting and hiding on Alpha, more incentives for playing the game and competing.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

43 (edited by BadAss 2015-05-13 12:48:17)

Syndic wrote:

3. Implement kernel-buy orders that activate when corp-owned Beta outpost (nothing in NPC terminals!) is at 100
4. Adjust plasma price to 275 Alpha/325 Beta NPC and Gamma/375 owned Beta outpost at 100 stability.

Less incentives for botting and hiding on Alpha, more incentives for playing the game and competing.

5. and leave just one island - PvP

ps. "where you do see - Komsomol , all red bastards around..." lol

Just @ Game

44 (edited by Syndic 2015-05-13 13:19:52)

They can either build to be a game that benefits active corporations of many players enjoying the game, or they can keep it a russian 1-man corp botting paradise like it is now.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

big_smile Syndic, he's your friend. smile

Syndic wrote:

They can either build to be a game that benefits active corporations of many players enjoying the game, or they can keep it a russian 1-man corp botting paradise like it is now.

This is not change online ppl. your opinion is wrong, you will learn the truth in the near future. gl wink

Just @ Game

DEV Zoom wrote:

cant you just make it that it drains the tiles furthest away first. that way you always end up with the last tile till its gone. as long as only one point gets drained...

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

... example of a way to farm on gamma (This is very very very inefficient but its doable) 

Have someone in a light bot with t4 light weight frame and a t4 speed nexus. This guy will go out and find said spawns and aggro them. once he has the aggro he will kite them to the farming team made of your typical beacon heavies. they will attack garbing the aggro and proceed to kill the. the light bot will go back out and find more. With the almost insta  re-spawn this is something doable and a way to farm gamma mobs.

Yes i know they tele witch makes them hard to kite (Mob Tele glitch needs to be fixed)
Yes i know a lot of lights would die in doing this but it would take practice to learn
No i don't know how efficient this is (Could be awesome or it could be the worst thing ever)
Yes i know there are holes in the plan this is something i cooked up on five mins. It is just an example of how to possibly use the re-spawns to your advantage instead of crying about it.

Guys just once look at the good that can come from something instead of only the bad.

That is a novel idea, however, I wonder if the payout for all the extra work is worthwhile.  I understand the point about assignments ... I strongly disagree that if someone wants to just hang around and kill npcs they should be forced to run assignments. 

As I mentioned previously ... Put down reds that hunt players On each island.  Not just random patrolling and pathing pawns.

-Ensi

Syndic wrote:

I see what you did there ... you just want to hinder Alpha players and provide bonus's to Beta and Gamma players to do the beacon farming with plasma bombs and arkhe's again ... go figure. 

Perhaps you would prefer 'God' mode  too? 

Do you feel that if a player wants and ONLY desires to play on Alpha doing w/e they want you should punish them for their play style?  (I am NOT referring to botting being acceptable by any means) 

The way YOU play is NOT for EVERYONE.  Quit trying to force players that want NOTHING to do with the other islands to be on them.  That will surely lower the already low population.  If / When they are ready, they'll go there.

-Ensi

50 (edited by Celebro 2015-05-13 15:09:01)

Syndic wrote:

+1, never really liked static spawns tbh, and this is a change that will benefit active players.

Maybe we could have semi- static spawns meaning there is a way to predict a given path Npcs take in groups. Respawn would be random, but always try and go same route.

RIP PERPETUUM