Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2015-05-12

Anni, I have never seen npcs with more then one spawn aggro without being locked (as I mentioned the above new mechanic). 

My hopes are to make the other npcs in the area get involved without provocation beyond normal targeting, to assist their brethren of which whom are already in combat and taking losses.

By what you replied with, I know you understood what I said prior, however, I wanted to also clarify for people whom didn't grasp what I exactly meant previously.

-Ensi

Annihilator wrote:

what you are asking for is to revert a chain of bad decissions regarding least-effort mechanic coding, back to what it was before. (and i am not really against it.)

we've asked for this a lot lately big_smile

103 (edited by Syndic 2015-05-18 09:11:27)

Annihilator wrote:

plasma drop system was implemented as stupid risk vs. reward system.

1. weak player should try to gather plasma on beta, under the risk of getting shot down
2. strong player should try go kill weak player to get plasma as reward
3. biggest rewards are granted to those who can hold and lock-down a beta outpost

thats how the trusted advisors of the DEVs (Styx, Siddy, Blackomen) though of it as a good system, without a single hint of self-serving interests.
And, a decision made 4 years ago, can't have been wrong, can it?

given that Syndics requests to make PvP islands more attractive, all go into the same direction, they can't be wrong either, can't they?

While it's laudable that you attempt to comprehend what I'm saying, rehashing my words to fit in with your faulty point of view is not.

Perpetuum needs a logical chain of progression.

Beta needs to be NOTICEABLY superior to Alpha to stimulate new players and new corporations to venture out there, or join established alliances, or make their own alliances. The current incentives are not enough, we've been saying this for YEARS and Zoom you have ignored it for years.

You can't have a game built around the apex income faucet being chinese farming or botting "low level mobs" in the "noob zone". You end up with all the vets taking over the "good" spawnpoints and the noobs end up with nothing anyway. Even better when the vets are running bots on those spawns.

If you can't have a good anti botting system, you need to remove static spawns from Alpha not in X months, but yesterday. And remove all the NIC injected into the game via millions of vendored plasma from botting for the last 3 months. Look at the plasma sell rates for the last 6 months, its absolutely gobsmacking ridiculous what you're allowing to happen.

Players want good, fun, engaging gameplay not this copypasta of how farming used to be 15 years ago in MMO's.

http://steamcharts.com/app/223410#6m

Can't beat that argument.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

104 (edited by Burial 2015-05-18 17:48:09)

I don't see the fuss about plasma. The amounts are not nearly big enough to remove gameplay elements cold turkey that'll have unpredictable after-effects throughout the game and players enjoy.

Imagine if Blizzard or any other successful MMO publisher started an arm's race against cheaters by removing gameplay elements that are easier to cheat instead of doing occasional ban sweeps. They'd remove an element and cheaters would find a new one et al. Just takes one cheater to create a bot and distribute it however he likes.

It's way less effort and less destructive to the game to just ban the offenders. Anyway, for the anti-cheat, just add roaming red NPCs back to Alphas and it's golden.

Burial wrote:

I don't see the fuss about plasma. The amounts are not nearly big enough to remove gameplay elements cold turkey that'll have unpredictable after-effects throughout the game and players enjoy.

Imagine if Blizzard or any other successful MMO publisher started an arm's race against cheaters by removing gameplay elements that are easier to cheat instead of doing occasional ban sweeps. They'd remove an element and cheaters would find a new one et al. Just takes one cheater to create a bot and distribute it however he likes.

It's way less effort and less destructive to the game to just ban the offenders. Anyway, for the anti-cheat, just add roaming red NPCs back to Alphas and it's golden.

+1

106 (edited by Syndic 2015-05-18 20:20:24)

There's nothing wrong with plasma, its the volume and the mechanics being farmed on Alpha with no risk by botters.

I could have a few accounts farming plasma 24/7, I'd only have to check back every 7-8 hours to restock ammunition and empty the loot can, plus relog the accounts every 24hr but that can be automated easy peasy.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Need to add a volume cap to containers, I always founddit odd that it was infinite since I started playing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro, I loathe the idea of deployed can limits ... However, I slightly agree.  sad  Though ... Would there be a can for mining and one for farming?  Where x% of the cans U volume is partitioned for that specific task?  A Corp mining session can fill a limited capacity deployable can relatively quick I'm assuming.  Without static spawns, I suppose there ain't npc farming unless it's beacons.

The flat nic payouts for npcs helps everyone.  Imho, as I stated previously, we can just retask the plasma use.  Maybe it can be for PvP and PvE challenges.  Or ... Used in conjunction with tokens to purchase stuff from the syndicate store. 

Let's try to think outside the box!

-Ensi

my suggestion long time ago was:
1. you get NPC kill bounty like in ANY OTHER MMO out there.
2. as long as your on terrain, a fraction of your farmed income is still at risk
3. if you dock up, or use one of the new on-terrain refit nodes, you will get the full pay-out
4. if you get killed, a fraction of your buffered income will drop in form of plasma into your lootcontainer
-> best of both systems combined into something that is not "all or nothing".

@Celebro:
Field container was a bandaid fix implementation to allow player2player trading. I never understood why they kept it ingame, and not coding the trade window to work on terrain.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

I never understood why they kept it ingame, and not coding the trade window to work on terrain.

Because they don't care. It works enough to work.

Botting will never be removed or fought against by the devs because its $$ for accounts. 

There are no incentive for vet players to continue playing - in fact quite the opposite.  Sucker new players in,  they'll buy some EP boosts, they'll realize botting is how to 'win' the game and they'll buy more accounts with more EP boosts.

Keep the population low to decrease server costs and around and around we go.

-K