Re: Ore relocation

Tux wrote:
Arga wrote:
Tux wrote:

Increasing the frequency and size of PVP battles can be done with making zero changes to the resource system.

I would agree with that, but doesn't change the fact that resource system still needs to be changed.

The amount of resources in game will always be equal to the amount of time and effort players make into getting the minerals out of the ground or off the trees.

I agree, but that's kind of self-defining since players are the only ones gathering resources.

The issue that needs resolving is the amount of resources being gathered is not yet balanced with the time and effort.

As players get more EP, they should be able to get more resources, faster. The part that is out of balance, is there's nothing there countering that increase.

It's OK for a vetern miner to get 50m titan ore in an hour (random numbers for illustration only), as long as they can't do it for 4- hours a day, 365 days.

There's no talk of artificial capping, other than the already existing max amount the devs have set per island.

Actually, let me put this another way;

Miners will NEVER get a new miner bot or more mining capability unless there's a compelling reason.

In other words, there's no reason to have a Heavy Glider Miner with 8 mining arms and T5 mining lasers, because with unlimited fields on gamma, that would just create a larger gathering gap for non-gamma owners.

If there was a game mechanical reason for corps to have to go in and mine an area, IN A LIMTED AMOUNT OF TIME, than that is a compelling reason to make faster or larger mining bots available; also more expensive targets, creating a nice PVP side effect.

tl-dr; No changes to resources? Then don't be surprised if there are not T5 gathering lasers or new harvest/mining bots.

Your assuming players have unlimited time.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

79 (edited by Merkle 2013-06-15 03:53:16)

Lets just restate this again...the unlimited fields you speak of, are on beta and alpha as well...

Just dont complain when heavy's triple in price and the mods to fit them do just the same.

Its laughable to compare mining to m2s right clicking and insta 100 heavy mechs.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

80 (edited by Lemon 2013-06-15 05:03:59)

Merkle wrote:

Lets just restate this again...the unlimited fields you speak of, are on beta and alpha as well...

Just dont complain when heavy's triple in price and the mods to fit them do just the same.

Its laughable to compare mining to m2s right clicking and insta 100 heavy mechs.

Been giving you far to much credit this whole time apparently.

I dont care about limited or unlimted fields, my point has to do with the stock-piles and the EP difference between us and new players. I am stating that the game cannot handle the population needed to offset the advantages we have over them. In order for them to even have a fighting chance.

In the event that a population rise does happen and it is not at the proper level they will have the same experiences and results as many of the corps in our past have. They will face enemy's who appear to be unbeatable and never ending assets. Being low on EP and lack of experience there ability to combat the vets will be almost not existent. It will be like running on beta 4x4 box on beta with a arkhe with no guns, except they

We had to face a group at launch that only had 2-4 months EP advantage on us with resources and knowledge. You know what that perception did for the moral of the players during that time.

Do you see what I am getting at or should I finger paint it for you guys? limited or unlimted resource, If they arn't worth gathering then it wont matter which they are.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Merkle wrote:

False fear-mongering argument.

The real Merkle would remember very vividly what alliance size it took to deplete an entire Beta island to the point where resources were scarce. Guess the gifter got gifted at last.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Lemon wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Been giving you far to much credit this whole time apparently.

I dont care about limited or unlimted fields, my point has to do with the stock-piles and the EP difference between us and new players. I am stating that the game cannot handle the population needed to offset the advantages we have over them. In order for them to even have a fighting chance.

In the event that a population rise does happen and it is not at the proper level they will have the same experiences and results as many of the corps in our past have. They will face enemy's who appear to be unbeatable and never ending assets. Being low on EP and lack of experience there ability to combat the vets will be almost not existent. It will be like running on beta 4x4 box on beta with a arkhe with no guns, except they

We had to face a group at launch that only had 2-4 months EP advantage on us with resources and knowledge. You know what that perception did for the moral of the players during that time.

Do you see what I am getting at or should I finger paint it for you guys? limited or unlimted resource, If they arn't worth gathering then it wont matter which they are.

Like STC for example.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

We go from ore is useless to ore is far to unlimited.

The only person who will ever defeat you is yourself.
Alpha's and spots on gamma's will be open for those new corps that never have any chance in the first place.

To state that all the newer guys just dont ever have a shot in the world is completely false.

As far as EP and stockpiles go, that would be one of the perks of playing a persistent game for a extended period of time.

Lemon wrote:

Yet shockingly you are still here subbed, and on top of the world.  Your a living witness that is possible! Good for you!.

Norrdec wrote:

The real Merkle would remember very vividly what alliance size it took to deplete an entire Beta island to the point where resources were scarce.

So much so several corps were swiftly booted for taking up "too much" of those "overly abundant" resources.

More knowledge has been gifted this day.  Its a good day.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Your troll fu is weak.

85 (edited by Lemon 2013-06-16 03:48:12)

Merkle wrote:
Lemon wrote:

Yet shockingly you are still here subbed, and on top of the world.  Your a living witness that is possible! Good for you!.

I am mad....

I want to log in and all die. Game is to hard. Thanks

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Nonsense politics in every thread I read. Getting boring.

87 (edited by Merkle 2013-06-16 00:25:23)

Hm, getting a bit defensive.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

88 (edited by Tux 2013-06-16 03:27:11)

Merkle wrote:

lol Merkle, I think hes saying is he doesn't want to try to put the effort into actually doing anything and that the game should be turned into a FPS so he can log in and shoot stuff. If it takes any type of effort Im sure its apparently not worth the time. You know with his huge eeping abilities and everything. lol

/on topic ... if people put the effort in to attacking others and or trying to not let them mine then the so called unlimited stock piles would soon shrink / go away / or stop accumulating... .   

@ Arga its really all based on the activity of the player base. If you write in mechanics that alter core systems of game based on how many people are logging in / hours played ... the game will be unplayable.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

89 (edited by Lemon 2013-06-16 03:49:54)

Tux wrote:
Merkle wrote:

lol Merkle, I think hes saying is he doesn't want to try to put the effort into actually doing anything and that the game should be turned into a FPS so he can log in and shoot stuff. If it takes any type of effort Im sure its apparently not worth the time. You know with his huge eeping abilities and everything. lol

Yes, I am very defensive and hurt while offended over my internet robot's. Please make it easier for me, it was very tiring and difficult. So difficult playing against you guys I can count all my heavy Mech mk 2 losses on 1 hand can you?

Lemon wrote:

I am mad....
I want to log in and all die. Game is to hard. Thanks

Cant Argue with that...

Undefeated 2013

Tux wrote:
Merkle wrote:

/on topic ... if people put the effort in to attacking others and or trying to not let them mine then the so called unlimited stock piles would soon shrink / go away / or stop accumulating... .   

@ Arga its really all based on the activity of the player base. If you write in mechanics that alter core systems of game based on how many people are logging in / hours played ... the game will be unplayable.

We usually log in to shoot stuff in games. There's just not enough stuff to shoot in Perpetuum, so we don't log in that often. Not really our fault the game isn't good enough to keep players playing.

And considering every time we come to fight you, we wipe our d*cks on your teddy bears... We're pretty happy with that.

Naturally you win everything by default after we get bored of you hiding and leave, but hey thats MMO life - someone loves the PVP, someone loves the PVE.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Tux wrote:
Merkle wrote:

We usually log in to shoot stuff in games. There's just not enough stuff to shoot in Perpetuum, so we don't log in that often. Not really our fault the game isn't good enough to keep players playing.

And considering every time we come to fight you, we wipe our d*cks on your teddy bears... We're pretty happy with that.

Naturally you win everything by default after we get bored of you hiding and leave, but hey thats MMO life - someone loves the PVP, someone loves the PVE.

Sounds about right ... you just log on and wait for something to happen ... you put zero effort in trying to shoot people, attack a base or do anything that involves any type of effort.

But hey if you think logging in 20 or 30 guys for 2 days makes you cool then .. hey your cool bro cool

Let me know if you decide to actually do anything but ***** & moan

Tux wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Sounds about right ... you just log on and wait for something to happen ... you put zero effort in trying to shoot people, attack a base or do anything that involves any type of effort.

But hey if you think logging in 20 or 30 guys for 2 days makes you cool then .. hey your cool bro cool

Let me know if you decide to actually do anything but ***** & moan

You call it effort to use plasma bombs to bypass emergency timers to destroy buildings? big_smile

Sorry kiddo you're not worth our time. It was fun kicking your sh*t the first 10 times, now a days its just plain dull and predictable.

CIR Complaint Form

93 (edited by Tux 2013-06-16 06:44:29)

who uses plasma bombs these days dont you know ?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … bs-broken/

try again lol

your design is bad really bad lol

I remember when people used to get banned for that, but we all know hungryans can't afford such moral high grounds anymore. Good for you good sir unfortunately you're still not worth our time. lol

CIR Complaint Form

95 (edited by Burial 2013-06-16 11:08:17)

Syndic it is apparent that you don't know much about game mechanics anymore. Just to burst your bubble, it's not possible to bypass emergency modes with plasma bombs.

This thread has gone absolutely absurd, some people complaining that others have too big stockpiles because they have kept playing while they themselves have enjoyed other games. You really believe getting server resets every time something like this happens is beneficial to the game?

I started this thread for ideas how to make beta islands more important and appealing to the players but this is where we are now, no wonder devs don't ask much questions from players.

See Syndic, just as fore told.  It's like you've done this a time or 2 wink

What you not gone yet...guess we need to reinforce something else then.

Looks like the infinite ore may be running out.....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Burial wrote:

Syndic it is apparent that you don't know much about game mechanics anymore. Just to burst your bubble, it's not possible to bypass emergency modes with plasma bombs.

This thread has gone absolutely absurd, some people complaining that others have too big stockpiles because they have kept playing while they themselves have enjoyed other games. You really believe getting server resets every time something like this happens is beneficial to the game?

I started this thread for ideas how to make beta islands more important and appealing to the players but this is where we are now, no wonder devs don't ask much questions from players.

Guess what I just did and bypassed? wink

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

insinuating that you *** children......classy