Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

So having purchased this two days ago, I've been able to log in for a grand period of about 8 minutes (last night, when the server went down immediately afterwards).

neutral

177 (edited by Toku 2011-06-29 03:00:52)

I logged in a little bit ago with 2 clicks, stayed in for about an hour no problem, so most of you should be able to get in. (Unless its 1200 of you at once maybe)

DEV Calvin wrote:

Well, this wasn't the day we fixed the server. We are going to get some rest and carry on tomorrow. We have isolated where the problem is, so we did make progress today.

Until then a 350 player cap is in effect. At the moment we do not have the tools to make distinction between paying and trial players. All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we will do our best to get this out of the way!

Unless thats a typo, not only is the problem still there, but now the cap is lower? This sucks. Really hope this is fixed soon.

179 (edited by Scott Woods 2011-06-29 03:42:38)

How will the devs address situations like this where people are using multiple accounts?

And I really did mean it; If you need help I could fix this for you.

I think you will gain EP even without a character.  This was my last knowledge of the subject, but I may be wrong.

When you try logging in, just spam the OK button.  Dont close the popup message, just keep spamming.  It is a Dev approved method of logging in.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

I think you will gain EP even without a character.  This was my last knowledge of the subject, but I may be wrong

Yes, you do.

This is my understanding too, your account gets EP credited as long as it has time on it. Since EP is shared across the entire account, this makes perfect sense.

I can confirm that.

I created my character about 2 hours after my account and I already had 20000 + 128 EPs.

Still not logging in hmm

usually at this time, the server isn't capped... I'm kind of excited that we have more PST time zone peoples on.

Go Cali!!

Got in, made my alt, then got out so others could play.

186 (edited by Crepitus 2011-06-29 04:47:19)

Honestly, this is the longest the game has been basically inaccessible for most of us (haven't been able to get in at all for 3 days) in the entire time I've played. 

I still have faith they will fix it soon and I hope so, since this influx of people from EVE and their word of mouth is a windfall and probably had roughly the same chance of happening as me winning powerball without buying a ticket, so it would be a shame to see them leave just as quickly.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Thank you Devs for all your hard work... regardless of the occasional complaints of the population saying they can't get in, it appears you are doing a good job of trying to solve the issue and more importantly in this day and age of instant gratification and instant knowledge you are communicating well to the community.

-.-

I think one of the devs broke his chains, and would have escaped, but only made it as far as the couch; that and those meddling kids.

What I do is be patient - I start the client up, then click the OK button every minute or 2. And I have been able to login within 15 minutes every time. Yesterday was annoying because I had a bunch of network problems and kept losing connection.

I also want to suggest as someone else did above, that some of us might be able to help fixing the problem. Post a snippet of the offending method, and maybe someone have some suggestions. I have some experience working on realtime systems serving a few million users. (I won't throw names around in an open forum.)

DEV Calvin wrote:

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we will do our best to get this out of the way!

While it is inconvenient, I'm personally not phased about it too much. You couldn't have foreseen such a rapid influx of players.

If anything it has helped identify a potential bottleneck and hopefully overall is a "good" thing in the long term.

I apologise for being part of the "problem" having recently created two accounts myself wink

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

While it is inconvenient, I'm personally not phased about it too much. You couldn't have foreseen such a rapid influx of players.

If anything it has helped identify a potential bottleneck and hopefully overall is a "good" thing in the long term.

I apologise for being part of the "problem" having recently created two accounts myself wink

New players is what this game needed most. You're not a part of the problem, you're a part of the solution.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Part of the problem which is the solution to the problem that needed the problem for the solution... omg.

big_smile

*smoke*

I think the Devs do a great job in communicating with the player base and trying to find a solution.

On the other hand I think the community is handeling the situation quite well. Even though it is annoying not being able to log in, there isen't much of a rage going on in this Forum about it. I know hunderts of MMORPG where ppl would freak out about a problem like this.

So thumbs up for both of you big_smile

Looking forward to be able to play again and see more ppl online

194 (edited by Line 2011-06-29 09:54:58)

Ep still goes 1 per min so why should we raging around? Less fun while unable to play, agreed, but lets just support Perpetuum project with our patience!

My respect to DEVs. I appreciate you're doing everything whats possible to solve problems. Really rare thing in most MMO's these days.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

DEV Calvin wrote:

Well, this wasn't the day we fixed the server. We are going to get some rest and carry on tomorrow. We have isolated where the problem is, so we did make progress today.

I really appreciate the updates and the dedication you guys are putting into this. I look forward to having everything resolved and being able to get on and play.

DEV Calvin wrote:

All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

This is very generous, but also makes me not care how long it takes to fix the issues as I know I won't lose out, especially as EP are still accumulating.

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

Good thing I'm currently busy so I can't play anyway. But keep up the good work and I hope you manage to fix it soon.

Brace. For. Impact.

https://www.eveger.de/serverstatus/serv … ate=050002

TQ's concurrent login count.   We need a tanker of RedBull delivered to the Dev's STAT.

Seems like quite a drop there, though I wonder what effect the broken Mac clients have on the figures. You can also have a look here for full historical stats (read right to left -- most current totals on left of graphs).

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

Major Hazzard wrote:

Seems like quite a drop there, though I wonder what effect the broken Mac clients have on the figures. You can also have a look here for full historical stats (read right to left -- most current totals on left of graphs).

Mac users have never been "happy" with the solution offered, it got to the point I was compiling wine and doing it that way to get semi-reasonable performance.  Saying that, even C's stuff suggests the usual useage curves are going down.

I still think we should deliver the tanker of RedBull to the devs.  Just to be safe you understand smile

Kerry King wrote:

nothing new to add to thread , but getting slightly irritated at the fact a paying subscriber cant login sad  so really the people who were here before this mass influx of players are getting the bad end of the deal here

Its ok Kerry the dev did say we would not have to pay for the downtime if I read that right. So as frustrating as it is not to play, you are getting ep and not paying smile