201 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 17:06:03)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Well, Mr.  Zoom,  The solution is to kill follow and kill approach

not good idea though, imo

killing fly with atom bomb

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gunner wrote:

It isnt spin, Flag is specifically PvP mechanic.....

I know, it's just your implication that's wrong. I don't want to nerf PvP or EWAR or whatever, I want to nerf followbots. It just happens that people use followbots mostly in PvP.

Burial wrote:

You guys are so full of BS trying to only serve your own needs.

kettle black

Sparking to other games

203 (edited by Burial 2014-01-08 17:14:54)

By the looks of it, it has fallen on you. I wrote a lot of reasons on previous pages and so have many others. Single accounters SHOULD NOT feel omitted. They are the bread and butter of most MMOs.

Why do you think pretty much the only veterans left in the game are the ones with multiple accounts? (Ok, I don't know the exact numbers but when looking around in GC, I can tell most of the names also have alts.)

Gunner wrote:

Well, Mr.  Zoom,  The solution is to kill follow and kill approach

not good idea though, imo

killing fly with atom bomb

*sigh* This whole discussion happens for the very reason to avoid that.

205 (edited by Grond 2014-01-08 17:21:16)

if ur going to nerf follow bot, u should nerf it equal. By that i mean that pve, pvp and indy should be affectet equal not  singel target a group of players.
So its a even playing field for everybody, basicly make it so only 1 client can be open at any given time

206 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-08 17:42:41)

Burial wrote:

By the looks of it, it has fallen on you. I wrote a lot of reasons on previous pages and so have many others. Single accounters SHOULD NOT feel omitted. They are the bread and butter of most MMOs.

Why do you think pretty much the only veterans left in the game are the ones with multiple accounts? (Ok, I don't know the exact numbers but when looking around in GC, I can tell most of the names also have alts.)

I just read through all your 'reasons' and the gist is exactly as I said. This is about Ewar and RSA and that is all.

And I will dial it down Zoom. But I still hold you to account for bad decision making. Edit all you want, but you are making a mistake listening to a tiny population of players who only know one playstyle when it comes to PvP.

Even if you think follow is a bad mechanic, know that the ONLY INTENDED purpose of its proponents is to nerf ewar. And its a terribly ineffective nerf since we typically RSA each other with our main ewar mechs and follow has nothing to do with it.

Look back at Burials posts on the first 5 pages. He spells it out clearly, including illustration with ridiculous Hunter Zenith fit. This is about RSA and ewar, nothing else. Are you really going to 'make it harder' to use two accounts when the only 'making it hard' will effect those rare peeps who use a light RSA alt? Otherwise, using two accounts will remain the same. Especially same for DPS spacebar dual boxers.

"Nerfing" RSA ewar is a poor reason to change FOLLOW mechanic. There are far more effective and direct ways to nerf RSA ewar without touching FOLLOW. And that is why so many people get so pissed off at you Zoom... you make changes that have little to do with 'problem' and that have sweeping unintended ripple effects.

Its just sad to again see changes to tangent mechanics.  Seriously though changing follow will barely be an annoyance to RSA ewar. We will easily adapt. But if you change follow on flag mechanics that will be more sweeping, not just for ewar RSA but for God knows what else in the ripple pond. I may even have to hold my pee while flagged on the field.

Sparking to other games

BAM!!! Hardcore nerf that will end all fallow bots nuff said just DO IT

Grond wrote:

So its a even playing field for everybody, basicly make it so only 1 client can be open at any given time

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.

I like it. big_smile

DO IT

210 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-08 17:41:19)

...so I guess support RSA and stuff will be on demand, who needs a follow, I will offer my services big_smile

Let humans play games, not alts.

RIP PERPETUUM

211 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 18:14:04)

meh

Rex Amelius wrote:

lots of color-rage about backdoor nerf of ewars

While so much words can't be a non-persuadable argument, I'd like to note one thing you're completely missing in that wall of text - follow nerf has NOTHING to do with ewars.

As you've stated here lots of time, you use teamwork instead of followbots. That means that says for each two lr-zeniths you use, you simply RSA-ing each other and that's it. No follow used.

Then you might cry - "HEY but but Nexus bot on follow that gives us a half of might..." and you will be wrong aswell - proposed nerf had nothing to do with nexuses, because you don't need to lock anything to give a nexus bonus to it.

With that, you're either use follow bots and lie here trying to avoid non-suitable changes, or completely misunderstand what's going to change, or just don't want this change because "hey that might suit our enemies so let's not make it happens".

Taking that into account, I'd vote "Yes" for no follow to flagged bot instead of locked one - that will solve better.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Come back to earth. We miss you.

Line wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

While so much words can't be a non-persuadable argument, I'd like to note one thing you're completely missing in that wall of text - follow nerf has NOTHING to do with ewars.

As you've stated here lots of time, you use teamwork instead of followbots. That means that says for each two lr-zeniths you use, you simply RSA-ing each other and that's it. No follow used.

Then you might cry - "HEY but but Nexus bot on follow that gives us a half of might..." and you will be wrong aswell - proposed nerf had nothing to do with nexuses, because you don't need to lock anything to give a nexus bonus to it.

With that, you're either use follow bots and lie here trying to avoid non-suitable changes, or completely misunderstand what's going to change, or just don't want this change because "hey that might suit our enemies so let's not make it happens".

Taking that into account, I'd vote "Yes" for no follow to flagged bot instead of locked one - that will solve better.

214 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 18:15:02)

meh

215 (edited by Cassius 2014-01-08 17:55:49)

This sounds like the SpT thread with the sides reversed. but more crying.

Accusation of ultierior political motivations behind the forum campaign.
Devs making desicions based on the vocal forum warriors, but not the playing majority.
Changes for the sake of change that affects greatly the entire game rather than the intended "problem" thats not really a big problem to begin with.

I thank Ville for being able to push change via a forum campagn, and what is not good for the game.
I expect to see more of these campaigns in the future.

But you guys in the Crying Game(rs) alliance really have to stop crying so hard. You win some, you lose some.
Accept it. Nerf something that affects me ... Waah, ruin the game for everyone! Please try and grow up.

For the record I am against the follow nerf, it doesnt do what its meant to.
Same reason I am against the SpT change coming.
Im also against nerfing ewar.

Rex Amelius wrote:

I just read through all your 'reasons' and the gist is exactly as I said. This is about Ewar and RSA and that is all.

Yeah? Next time actually go over and do it too. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/89994/#p89994

Change is made with good examples and sound arguments.

You guys lost the SpT war because you just said, "because we like it the way it is"

HTFU and adapt.

RIP PERPETUUM

The funny thing is you would expect to see each heavy with 3 or 4 indy follows remote repping and remote energy xferring, but you dont see that too much these days.

That would be screaming problem

220 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-08 18:09:28)

Line wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

While so much words can't be a non-persuadable argument, I'd like to note one thing you're completely missing in that wall of text - follow nerf has NOTHING to do with ewars. LIE Burial makes it clear first few pages illustrating ONLY RSA and only ewar.

As you've stated here lots of time, you use teamwork instead of followbots. That means that says for each two lr-zeniths you use, you simply RSA-ing each other and that's it. No follow used. Which is why nerfing follow is a ridiculous solution to stated problem. Unlike some I actually make arguments that would hurt my own interests. So don;t assume I only argue what is personally good for me. See my posts in SpT thread that will hurt me terribly.

Then you might cry - "HEY but but Nexus bot on follow that gives us a half of might..." and you will be wrong aswell - proposed nerf had nothing to do with nexuses, because you don't need to lock anything to give a nexus bonus to it. I never mentioned nexus, and no *** locks have nothing to do with nexus, which is another reason why nerfing follow is ineffective nerf on ewar.

With that, you're either use follow bots and lie here trying to avoid non-suitable changes, or completely misunderstand what's going to change, or just don't want this change because "hey that might suit our enemies so let's not make it happens". No, its that I'm sick of seeing stupid changes. I'm sick of watching Zoom listen to squeaky wheel rather than truly think through problems and solutions. I know they are short staffed, which is more reason not to mess with long time game mechanics. Unless Devs are damn certain of the result and/or there is mass consensus they should just leave it alone.

And yes after reading all the terribly short-sighted reasons not to remove SpT I've concluded that you, Line and many others in STC are either liars or terribly bad game engineers. and I don't get why Zoom listens to you guys about game mechanics. 

Taking that into account, I'd vote "Yes" for no follow to flagged bot instead of locked one - that will solve better. Conclusion from gibberish premises. Typical.

Sparking to other games

says the person who doesnt participate

Celebro wrote:

HTFU and adapt.

Gunner wrote:

The funny thing is you would expect to see each heavy with 3 or 4 indy follows remote repping and remote energy xferring, but you dont see that too much these days.

That would be screaming problem

I think the reason behind it is because the most important part of those follows is RSA and those don't stack over 2.

Gunner wrote:

Change is made with good examples and sound arguments.

You guys lost the SpT war because you just said, "because we like it the way it is"

No, actually. I wasn't the guy who posted "A 4-hour cooldown is fine" 76 times, with no reasons.
You just didn't like my reasons, and thought yours were more important, or relevant, thats all, and thats fine.
But you're right I lost on that subject, and I will deal with it.

But quit crying here. You, and Rex especially, are starting to sound like ... Me.

Man, you guys are crying a lot about a game mechanics change that you have said won't affect you. Because you guys RSA buddy each other with your ewars and you have dedicated logi pilots... So why all the crying if it isn't going to affect you?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

225 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 18:12:09)

meh