176 (edited by Burial 2014-01-08 16:31:06)

Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Well, in PVP, people want numbers and hopefully we will have harder PVE content in the future too where just 1 heavy wouldn't cut it - that's a proper way for group PVE content imo.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Line: I wanted to ask the same actually smile

Rex, you argue that a followbot is way less effective as compared to an actual player controlled bot, and that's a good thing. The change only enables that players don't even have to think about the inferior method. I think much of this followbot craze is based on "they do it so I have to do it too to stay competitive". The aim here is to tip the balance towards "f*ck it, that's too much effort, I'll do it with one bot".

The only thing you are affecting with follow nerf in pvp is RSA on ewar. How many follow-transfer energy bots are there? How many follow repair bots don't get jammed to *** and back? All other pvp muti-boxing will not be affected. They bring two long range grophos to field so I will bring two? What is the difference?

This is about ewar. Period, end of story. If you want to get rid of RSA then remove the whole mod from game. If range is a problem then remove all Sensor amps from game. All you are doing is affecting one area. It's a back door ewar nerf and anyone who says otherwise is lying or ***. That's the main thing these guys whine about. And you *** listen to them. In EVE Devs pay attention to politics and realize when one side is simply looking for a playstyle advatage. You self-admittadly do not pay attenton. These guys whine because we are stuffing *** up there *** on the field with Ewar, and they cant stand seeing their DPS mesmer mk2s shut down. But they can easily field two mesmers.

If you want to nerf ewar, then nerf ewar. But these back door mechanic changes are so characteristic of your track record. FOLLOW MECHANIC IS NOT THE ISSUE BEHIND THIS THREAD.

Do you even see what this is about? I doubt it. I doubt you even understand the SpT power projection problem and the tWo-sided server it would create. I'm convinced you are nerfing SpT due to more squeaky wheel noise reduction.

w/e  Zoom, good luck with steam population.

Sparking to other games

KNEE JERK SOME MORE

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Why screw PvP and not screw PvE????

Each has its place and each contrbutes to the machine.

Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Rex, you argue that a followbot is way less effective as compared to an actual player controlled bot, and that's a good thing. The change only enables that players don't even have to think about the inferior method. I think much of this followbot craze is based on "they do it so I have to do it too to stay competitive". The aim here is to tip the balance towards "f*ck it, that's too much effort, I'll do it with one bot".

You hit the nail in the head with this post!

Gunner wrote:

ugh

Zoom,  we will still all have follow bots.

Our follow will just tickle a friend instead of the person it is following -

If you want to have the affect you are looking for, you must turn off Follow all together.

That is the only way to get the result you want,

Thanks for pointing it out. But simple no-follow rule for PVP flagged bots is enough.

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

Let me point out this thread was started by Dev Zoom, therefore they were interested in what we had to say and it went 50/50 in opinions for and against, so I don't see how he was swayed one way or the other. I guess when opinions go in someone favour is fine, once it goes against them devs are accused joining the other side of the argument.

I really couldn't care less about muliboxing 'paytowin' BS, player can have as many as they want. I want more players to enjoy game with 1 account too.

RIP PERPETUUM

uhh

he started it because there were 5 million Hunter comments about it and everyone else

Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

Let me point out this thread was started by Dev Zoom, therefore they were interested in what we had to say and it went 50/50 in opinions for and against, so I don't see how he was swayed one way or the other. I guess when opinions go in someone favour is fine, once it goes against them devs are accused joining the other side of the argument.

I really couldn't care less about muliboxing 'paytowin' BS, player can have as many as they want. I want more players to enjoy game with 1 account too.

Rex:

There was a poll:
51 vs 50 (minority?)

The DEVS dont lisen just one side of players they try to understand what they would see ingame.

After all I would just leave this alone NO NEED NERF, but no hard feelings after this nerf happen (I would be more competitive with solo PVP).

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

183 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 16:40:51)

Also, I have to agree with Rex here.    This is a backdoor nerf.

Dev Zoom,

You are messing with a 3 year old mechanic here.  Remember what happened the last time you did that?

50/50       =      no nerf to me

Inda wrote:

Rex:

There was a poll:
51 vs 50 (minority?)

The DEVS dont lisen just one side of players they try to understand what they would see ingame.

After all I would just leave this alone NO NEED NERF, but no hard feelings after this nerf happen (I would be more competitive with solo PVP).

185 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-08 16:44:53)

Inda wrote:

Rex:

There was a poll:
51 vs 50 (minority?)

A poll? What a joke. Multi-boxing nerf with muti-account voting. Spare me!

Note my 5 accounts did not vote, so make it 55-51

And the 1000s of accounts that left the game? Forum whores voting? You have to be kidding me with a poll.

Sparking to other games

DEV Zoom wrote:

Good luck.    Just dont make the game suck...

187 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 16:45:43)

The next tard thread is going to be titled:

Nerf Cross-following!

Nerf three-way following!

and written by Hunter

Ok so what is wrong with this change?

I see PVE will harder for farming, because you usually follow you and repair and RSA you, so that will affected.

RSA in PVP when you are alone, if you have team no such a difference.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

That pretty much sums it up.

Inda wrote:

I see PVE will harder for farming, because you usually follow you and repair and RSA you, so that will affected.

Being the last post on the previous page I think this suffered some burial (ha!), so:

DEV Zoom wrote:

But yeah, I can be convinced to include PvP flag into the rule, I know my reason for that to leave out isn't that strong.

191 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 18:18:32)

meh

Which basically means you are targetting the PvPers specifically.

PVE machines contribute to the PvP war machine.

It is owerpowered either way, the result of the PVE part isnt in your face on the killboard.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Being the last post on the previous page I think this suffered some burial (ha!), so:

DEV Zoom wrote:

But yeah, I can be convinced to include PvP flag into the rule, I know my reason for that to leave out isn't that strong.

Gunner: you can spin it all you want, I don't care if this affects PvP or PvE, I care that it affects the game.

194 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 16:55:57)

Well, I am glad it took 3 years for you to decide you cared about Follow.

I am a tax payer!    ;P

It isnt spin, Flag is specifically PvP mechanic.....

DEV Zoom wrote:

Gunner: you can spin it all you want, I don't care if this affects PvP or PvE, I care that it affects the game.

Inda wrote:

Who uses RSA in PvP Inda? Come on I know you don't wear pants on your head. Which play-style does this affect the most in PvP Inda?

All you liars talking about 'follow' as if its the problem you are looking to nerf. Disingenuous to the core. Thanks for more motivation to absolutely relieve you of Gamma assets. Start up your scarab mk2 trains and move to alpha while you can.

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

Sparking to other games

196 (edited by Burial 2014-01-08 17:06:53)

How about you stop the 'STC is manipulating the game' and actually write reasons why you think it doesn't need a nerf? I have written many reasons I think this nerf is reasonable and so far only thing you have come up with is the manipulation and ew BS.

Rex Amelius wrote:
Inda wrote:

Who uses RSA in PvP Inda? Come on I know you don't wear pants on your head. Which play-style does this affect the most in PvP Inda?

I remember very vividly how Gunner claimed in one of the threads how your EW mechs are RSAed by other EW mechs.. ? It's still possible after the update.

You guys are so full of BS trying to only serve your own needs.

197 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-08 17:04:46)

The solution doesnt solve the problem, Burial.

Well, actually not being able to "Follow" or "Approach" a flagged target would solve it. 

... but dont say that it isnt biased regarding PvP, because it clearly is.

It is only fair to remove the mechanic for both PvE use and PvP use.

Gunner wrote:

The solution doesnt solve the problem, Burial.

Completely agreed, Gunner. I would want more effective solutions - trust me. But I also think the current solution is a lot better than doing nothing.

Gunner wrote:

It isnt spin, Flag is specifically PvP mechanic.....

I know, it's just your implication that's wrong. I don't want to nerf PvP or EWAR or whatever, I want to nerf followbots. It just happens that people use followbots mostly in PvP.

Burial wrote:

How about you stop the 'STC is manipulating the game' and actually write reasons why you think it doesn't need a nerf? I have written many reasons I think this nerf is reasonable and so far only thing you have come up with is the manipulation and ew BS.

The burdon of proof is on you to come up with a reason. Mechanic has been in place for three years. Why change it? There are NO good reasons in this thread. Only argument is muti-box is 'pay to win' and 'pay to win' is not fair. But multi-box 'pay to win' comes in a dozen more flavors than follow.

*edit: Dial down the name-calling please. - DEV Zoom

Sparking to other games