Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

^ That's how it is changed. Approach is still there but:
1) Can not approach locked targets. Breaks following when locking mid-following.
2) Can not approach PVP-flagged targets.

Horrible change and will force people to only play one way.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Horrible change and will force people to only play one way.

Don't be so dramatic. You can still play the exact same way, it will just be more difficult if you are doing it with multiple clients..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I don't mind the not following pvp flagged but the dropping follow because main was locked is a bit much.. Busting by a red spawn moving *** around will be even more annoying.Hanging around Alphas locking every train just to mess with people(ok that does sound funny).. Its not like the travel system in this game is that great to start with..  Many of the active pilots run 2, 3 , 4 accounts for indi , mining and what not and I see this only hurting that.. just my .02$

Liquidus wrote:

I don't mind the not following pvp flagged but the dropping follow because main was locked is a bit much.. Busting by a red spawn moving *** around will be even more annoying.Hanging around Alphas locking every train just to mess with people(ok that does sound funny).. Its not like the travel system in this game is that great to start with..  Many of the active pilots run 2, 3 , 4 accounts for indi , mining and what not and I see this only hurting that.. just my .02$

You mean to tell me if some random dude locks my robot, everyone on approach to me breaks follow?

Some 1 confirm hahaha

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

456 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-28 23:00:45)

Lemon wrote:
Liquidus wrote:

You mean to tell me if some random dude locks my robot, everyone on approach to me breaks follow?

Some 1 confirm hahaha

No, only locking the bot you are following will break follow.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lemon wrote:
Liquidus wrote:

Some 1 confirm hahaha

Ya Zoom made his post clearer about this coz i said the same thing lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

*whew* Necro'ing the heck out of this thread from the past... Was away from the game for a good long, long time (18ish months) and dropped in to see what had changed, improved, ect.
Nothing to speak of new except some extensions, syndicate bots, island shifting and such... Front page media is *still* the old stuff from the date of Eve Online's monocle debacle.

So I get my two accounts up and toodle out to blow up some red things - but every time I turned on my remote recharger my assister would just... stop moving and pop up this 'cannot follow in pvp' flag.  Darn near got the assist bot blown up as I was suddenly forced to juggle 'stay close enough to support' and 'blow those things up!' screens.
Came to the forums and looked around, found this thread.  Apparently this follow-termination thing was intentional?

Yup, just uninstalled the game again.  Eliminating the ability of a support character of following their corp mates or friends ... destroys the playability entirely.   Bye.

People were abusing it during pvp.  It would have been a smart idea to allow follow bots during pve.  Maybe something like "Cannot auto follow during pvp" or something, but that would be too tough for the devs to implement.  Did you think this was supposed to be an MMO?  Everything outside of pvp is supposed to be done solo.

Rovoc wrote:

People were abusing it during pvp.  It would have been a smart idea to allow follow bots during pve.  Maybe something like "Cannot auto follow during pvp" or something, but that would be too tough for the devs to implement.  Did you think this was supposed to be an MMO?  Everything outside of pvp is supposed to be done solo.

what has "multiplay" and "solo" play to do with autofollow? neither one ever requires that feature.
the only gameplay that ever requires auto-follow is multiboxing, which equals "playing multiplayer content solo"

a few exceptions are game mechanics like the follow-mechanic you got in Elite Dangerous that makes sure a cooperative group is able to enter the same instance together, or town-portal scrolls in mmorpgs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear