176 (edited by Burial 2013-09-04 23:01:37)

Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

Guess I just rush ahead wanting to see the results. tongue

Burial wrote:

Guess I just rush ahead wanting to see the results. tongue

I want it to be immediate

If this is for sure .. then yes remove it all at once ... there's no reason to "ease" the transition

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

If this is for sure .. then yes remove it all at once ... there's no reason to "ease" the transition

Let the ninja miners have some fun on those uninhabitated gammas. Meanie

Arga wrote:
Tux wrote:

Let the ninja miners have some fun on those uninhabitated gammas. Meanie

They have had all the time in to world wink

I was hoping we would hit 30 pages before I went to sleep tonight.... Pick up the pace people!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

we would have made it if not for that meddling Zoom splitting out 2 additional topics !

I think people are too busy mining epriton to keep posting as fast as they normally would 8)

I am really starting to get excited about this....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

185 (edited by Tonnik 2013-09-05 00:27:48)

Just want to lay out some impacts:

Its very easy for an alliance now to lock out all the outposts and control the whole of beta utilising sparks and detectors.

Ganking miner squads will be also very easy due to the availability of bots

Moving spawns is going to benefit the defender rather than the agressor

Now more than ever sparks need changing. I would like to see sparks not work on beta islands but at the very least they need limiting to five.

I would also make the spawns static again on beta and set them on the old rates of renewal. Tightening the bottleneck will increase the pvp.

Come on people. If we stop posting, the terrorists win..

187 (edited by Sundial 2013-09-05 01:30:39)

He does have a point though. The reason we had the Intrusion 2.0 system was for the exact same reason they are complaining about spark teleport being overpowered. A single entity was keeping most of the beta outposts locked down. The system allowed for too efficient of power projection, allowing alliances to control far more territory then they could actually use. This was before lockouts too. Spark teleport is indescribably far more powerful than gaming the old intrusion system.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … teleports/

Sundial wrote:

He does have a point though. The reason we had the Intrusion 2.0 system was for the exact same reason they are complaining about spark teleport being overpowered. A single entity was keeping most of the beta outposts locked down. The system allowed for too efficient of power projection, allowing alliances to control far more territory then they could actually use. This was before lockouts too. Spark teleport is indescribably far more powerful than gaming the old intrusion system.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If the new players have access to gamma islands, they must be able to farm beta-island and be able to produce epriton. 8-]

Still didn't saw acceptable solution for NPC on Epri fields. Any?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

-1 for this decision without deeper changes
ATM there are gamma islands that can't be reached by single tp from/To beta these islands would render useless if they have no new epi beside being  a place to farm artifacts.
YOu can't build 90% of thing needed at gamma atm without epi. The removal of titan from beta years ago had not the wanted effect and I think there will be also not the wanted effect of removing epi.

I fully agree that Epi resource on gamma is too plenty and to easy to get. This has bad influence on economic. BUt the countermeasure "removal" is not the best solution.

Goffer wrote:

-1 for this decision without deeper changes
ATM there are gamma islands that can't be reached by single tp from/To beta these islands would render useless if they have no new epi beside being  a place to farm artifacts.
YOu can't build 90% of thing needed at gamma atm without epi. The removal of titan from beta years ago had not the wanted effect and I think there will be also not the wanted effect of removing epi.

I fully agree that Epi resource on gamma is too plenty and to easy to get. This has bad influence on economic. BUt the countermeasure "removal" is not the best solution.

It seems that the Devs are telling us whats good for us in this case. ... I remember the thread a few months back and the same issues came up ... this will not be good for the game unless its accompanied by many other changes to industry Mainly the separation of this "Holy Ore" from structures.

Your stretching now Tux.

195 (edited by Sundial 2013-09-05 14:56:37)

The thing about titan ore though was it is a low value ore that was needed in high quantities only available on safe alpha. At the time a lithus was your best option for moving ore and it could only move a mealy 240u. Epriton is the opposite, a high value ore only available on dangerous beta. We now at least have scarabs and can move three times as much in one bot.

The titan change moved industry into alpha, a low risk low reward area. This change moves epriton to beta, a high risk and now high reward area. The former change didn't really add anything into the game besides moving most industry off of beta into safezones because of limitations in logistics, while this change moves at least part of industry into danger (out of gamma). This is also good for miners as it stops homogenization of all ores in terms of profit. We now have a choice if we want to mine low risk low reward ores or high risk high reward epi and I believe a whole new meta game will develop around it.

Also Tux does have a good point, maybe epi should only be required for the T3 structures at the very least? Its not like epriton isn't needed in massive quantities for heavy mech and T4 production already.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

OK at the least everyone agrees on its own, its not a good change, some of the suggestions for an easy transition is in order, if the devs still feel the need to do it for some odd reason.

RIP PERPETUUM

I have mixed feelings, but if its going to happen it needs to completely removed.  Because theortically only one with sense is going to sit on their gamma epi fields until there's a huge demand on epi for war time production.  Or atleast I know I sit on the reserves.

198 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-05 16:47:12)

I'll be happier if at least they make commodities take up less volume so we can trade and haul them easier. Take epriton out of mechs and MPC. NPC in beta need to be fixed or fields changed.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don't think refined minerals have anything to do with this.  You own a gamma base, you mine epriton then you haul epriton back to your base.  Where's the part that needs to be refined?

Ville wrote:

I don't think refined minerals have anything to do with this.  You own a gamma base, you mine epriton then you haul epriton back to your base.  Where's the part that needs to be refined?

another question would be, why would you refine it at all before hauling to gamma? the refining is substantially better on gamma and that's one of the major benefits to gamma in the first place.