Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

1. Unite in the corporation - will be much easier.
2. Learn how to overcome difficulties. You are not a monkey, use the brain.
3. There is no way to extract epriton? Gather what you can and change it to epriton.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Ville wrote:

I don't think refined minerals have anything to do with this.  You own a gamma base, you mine epriton then you haul epriton back to your base.  Where's the part that needs to be refined?

another question would be, why would you refine it at all before hauling to gamma? the refining is substantially better on gamma and that's one of the major benefits to gamma in the first place.

That's absolutely correct.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

203 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-05 17:18:44)

Ville wrote:

I don't think refined minerals have anything to do with this.  You own a gamma base, you mine epriton then you haul epriton back to your base.  Where's the part that needs to be refined?

If i could refine on beta terminal i can take more per haul, if commodities change. With less time spent hauling i can mine more smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

If i could refine on beta terminal i can take more per haul, if commodities change. With less time spent hauling i can mine more smile

OR .. decrease the size of all ores again ... so the Devs have less pressure on them to roll out a new larger Hauler. Honestly I don't go out to mine a filed unless I wipe the whole thing ... smaller ore sizes would allow more efficient transportation of the minerals to and from destinations ... beta to alpha beta to gamma or where ever.

But there needs to be something done .... there is a PROBLEM when you can change the location of ONE ore and totally change the dynamics of the game in such a large way Epriton needs to be removed from Gamma structures when its removed from Gamma Islands

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I'm not clear on why you want Epi removed from structures?

They have just nerfed the hell out of gamma islands, not only there is no missions to do here now u can't be self sufficient in terms of materials.

RIP PERPETUUM

Epriton was not and has never been the only reason to live on gamma. I don't see this in any way makes having a gamma outpost less desirable. There are plenty of reasons not to want to have a gamma. Risk, logistics, etc. But not being able to mine epriton isn't one of them.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Celebro wrote:

They have just nerfed the hell out of gamma islands, not only there is no missions to do here now u can't be self sufficient in terms of materials.

Before gamma launched, no one thought it would have epi on it, simply because it would be too self-suffcient. One thing mentioned was a corp just walling off the teleports and living on gamma; which is basically what happened.

The terraforming and building was supposed to be the draw to gamma, but there was so much hype about players needing more 'space' to hide in / ninja mine, that I think they broke down and put epi in to satisfy that.

It's supposed to be hard to build on gamma. We spent a lot of effort even getting the materials to open up the teleporters.

So, when people get used to something one way and it's removed, then its a nerf (I'm looking at you sparks), but in reality gamma really shouldn't have had all the mats on it.

At this time, the draw of building is over (imo), so the luster of gamma itself is no longer a suffcient draw. Which in the life cycle of mmo's is about on schedulde.

Perp doesn't need a high profile expansion, but it does need to expand to keep maintain interest. And that's where gamma is at, it needs a new 'reason' to be there. Keeping it dependant on beta is fine, but if the gamma draw isn't there, then play will just drop to the lowest energy state, which turns out to now be beta... which is the only self-suffcient islands left (see titan reversal, and expect titan removal incoming).

Arga wrote:

I'm not clear on why you want Epi removed from structures?

Because when you colonize a gamma island ( have terminals and facilities) and you expand that colony you need to be able to do so by mining the minerals that are present on that island <~~ This is the way it was intended to work from the start.

Im not talking about building mechs or equipment ... im talking only about the structures needed to create a functional network. the size of the network is not the concern it could be 10 or 10K structures. but to take away the ability for players to go out and colonize the far reaches of the game world is a bad way for the game to go.

In future ... are there only going to be this limited number of gamma & beta islands ?
Will the distances of the gammas from alphas or betas ever change ?

This doesnt "devalue" Gamma bases or islands but it cements the current bases in that there will be little to no competition to them.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Shadowmine wrote:

Epriton was not and has never been the only reason to live on gamma. I don't see this in any way makes having a gamma outpost less desirable. There are plenty of reasons not to want to have a gamma. Risk, logistics, etc. But not being able to mine epriton isn't one of them.

Again, you've isloated one piece of the overall experience, and minimalized it.

You'll see soon enough, the level of effort to operate a gamma base will go up significantly, not because they have removed epi, but because they have ADDED the need for hours of logistics.

But, while I don't really like the way your saying it, I don't disagree that if players are willing to put in the extra effort they will get the same benefit from gamma as they did before.

I also don't think that anyone is actually against what I'm saying, is that they should add some more incentive to gamma to bring it back to balance.

Would everyone please raise their hand who thinks living on gamma isn't worth it anymore? I will help you move back to alpha....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Tux wrote:

Because when you colonize a gamma island ( have terminals and facilities) and you expand that colony you need to be able to do so by mining the minerals that are present on that island <~~ This is the way it was intended to work from the start.

I disagree. I think it was intended that corps would have to maintain a presence on beta, or build an alliance with a beta corp for continued access to epi; which they will need for bots and modules anyway.

As I mentioned before, it really came as a surprise when epi was available on gamma in the first place.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Your doing this really ineffective if you believe hauling in alpha mats into a beta term to refine then take it back to gamma.  When logistically all you need to do is mine and haul back to your production facility.

Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

OR .. decrease the size of all ores again ... so the Devs have less pressure on them to roll out a new larger Hauler. Honestly I don't go out to mine a filed unless I wipe the whole thing ... smaller ore sizes would allow more efficient transportation of the minerals to and from destinations ... beta to alpha beta to gamma or where ever.

But there needs to be something done .... there is a PROBLEM when you can change the location of ONE ore and totally change the dynamics of the game in such a large way Epriton needs to be removed from Gamma structures when its removed from Gamma Islands

No it doesn't it makes spamming turrets harder.

Shadowmine wrote:

Would everyone please raise their hand who thinks living on gamma isn't worth it anymore? I will help you move back to alpha....

I'm a visionary, and have this bookmarked.

I will direct all future btching about how hard it is logistically now to live on gamma to this statement.

*The irony here, is that the logistics of moving someone off gamma is a PITA too, just in case it was too subtle smile

Tux wrote:

Epriton needs to be removed from Gamma structures when its removed from Gamma Islands

Epriton and colix needs to be removed from t4/structures, because i can't build it on alpha...

sarcasm. it's your problem. mine on beta or leave gamma.

One interzone beacon is all it takes to get to some gamma islands. How is that anymore of a PITA than any other travel. Do you have any clue how many Scarab trips we have made from herschfield to Imidero? Having to make a few more scarab runs to haul epriton wouldn't slow us down at all. And our base is farther from alpha than most. Is it any different than hauling Epriton from Beta to Alpha?

Hell I bet Ville had more than a few Scarab trips under his belt on Bergers. You think it would have mattered to Chaos? You act like having to haul a few scarabs out to gamma is some huge undertaking? I suggest that if moving a few Scarabs of Epriton to your gamma island is too much of a burden to you. Then you probly shouldn't be on Gamma to begin with.

Nah, all you have to do is siege the Base, they destroy what loot they can. And you just have to Decon their structures and haul them back. Piece of cake.

Guys, why do you always want to
oversimplify the game? Do you want to play without a problem - play on the test server. Ask trillions resources, EP and NICs  and play there.

Chemist wrote:

Guys, why do you always want to
oversimplify the game? Do you want to play without a problem - play on the test server. Ask trillions resources, EP and NICs  and play there.

Agreed.

When players first came here - there was NOTHING! Built T1, extracted resources on the arkhes, etc. And no one died. who would - has succeeded.
Agents have adapted to the world of
Nia. The Weakest Link - extinct (left the game).

epriton hard to bring you to the gamma.
You want to get out of the terminal and
dig high-mineral. This you have to go to
the alpha live.

Adding to chemist post:  Tree from bush grow hands from ***.  Purple donkey fire hydrant goat blood leaf ash.  Giant heave go must tractor irony destroy cactus.  Simplistic junction river moat divide multitude canyon bridge.

Shadowmine wrote:

stuff

So, why is it so hard to think about undocking and walking your mech when your spark is on a timer...

)

Ville wrote:

Adding to chemist post:  Tree from bush grow hands from ***.  Purple donkey fire hydrant goat blood leaf ash.  Giant heave go must tractor irony destroy cactus.  Simplistic junction river moat divide multitude canyon bridge.

big_smile
You're the only one who understands
me.
big_smile

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

stuff

So, why is it so hard to think about undocking and walking your mech when your spark is on a timer...

)

Not hard to think about at all. I believe there are 30 pages of thoughts on the matter on a different thread...