Topic: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

This is an early warning that we have made a decision to remove Epriton from gamma islands, and soon it will be only available on beta islands.

The reason for this change is that with the introduction of gamma islands the role and importance of betas has changed. Gammas turned out to be too self-sustaining, while the reasons to have a constant beta presence for corporations became pretty optional. Our hope is that with this change betas can again become an important part of the game's PvP mechanics like they once used to be.

Like in the case of similar changes in the past, Epriton won't suddenly disappear from gammas, only the generation of new fields will be stopped.

The exact date for this change will be announced later.

2 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 16:42:46)

Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

I'm ok, only IF THE EPRITON's FIELD ARE NOT UNDER NPC !!!!

Same for the others minerals.

3 (edited by Burial 2013-09-04 16:43:53)

Thumbs up!

Heliaso wrote:

Come on now.. big_smile

Heliaso wrote:

Since the field locations are randomly generated, we have no control over this. And since we have roaming NPCs it's not even possible really.

MINE FOR YOUR LIFES!!!!!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

OK, good luck for the new players when all epriton will be under npc.

Under NPC epriton isn't really an issue. Vets have no problem clearing those fields up when they get stuck like that and there aren't better fields around. wink

8 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 17:01:28)

Burial wrote:

Vets have no problem

Heliaso wrote:

good luck for the new players

???

New players aren't the only ones mining those fields. If something gets stuck and there are no other options where to mine, then people who can handle the NPCs get the epri.

Production has just been rewritten

Everyone will understand how this is going to effect markets once the epri reserves are drained .... have fun lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

11 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-04 17:35:32)

This not a good change Devs, you will need to change again just as you did with titan ore. You make gamma even more worthless, not to mention all the static NPCs below fields, roaming NPC is no excuse.

RIP PERPETUUM

12 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-09-04 17:37:36)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Heliaso wrote:

Since the field locations are randomly generated, we have no control over this. And since we have roaming NPCs it's not even possible really.

Solutions have been suggested for this. You should seriously consider them.

Yeah its the static npcs on Beta that's the issue.  Now are you planning on fixing spark teleports too OR removing the lockout mechanics on beta stations?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

So is this going to mean an increase in a the base pool of available epriton on beta ?

15 (edited by Tux 2013-09-04 17:55:01)

Ville wrote:

Yeah its the static npcs on Beta that's the issue.  Now are you planning on fixing spark teleports too OR removing the lockout mechanics on beta stations?

Hey Devs can we just say to hell with static spawns remove them and replace them with ALL roaming spawns throughout the game ?

with mineral fields and missions(soon) random NPC's should all as well

Great change!  PvP!

Ville wrote:

+1 spark teleport needs to change for this. Anyone can spark quickly on the 3 betas and do the 'rounds' with detector alt, no one is gonna mine but the larger force.

RIP PERPETUUM

18 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-04 18:00:10)

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

Hey Devs can we just say to hell with static spawns remove them and replace them with ALL roaming spawns throughout the game ?

Sounds like a really good idea to me. We have beacons to farm NPC, we could buff loot drop from roaming spawns to at least make it worth the hunt.

RIP PERPETUUM

good decision

Noralgis on beta only would have been a better option for this, at least you can place it anywhere, with a buff to growth and yield.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1 spark teleport needs to change for this. Anyone can spark quickly on the 3 betas and do the 'rounds' with detector alt, no one is gonna mine but the larger force.

there's actually 6 betas roll

Lock out mechanic should stay as is

you may think changing sparks will do something to ease this change but people with more than 1 or 2 accouynts will easily avoid and SpT cool down penalties

22 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 18:00:59)

[18:00:00] <Dev Gargaj> Zoom, i want to mine some hours , but there is NPC on the epriton's field. Could you come 4 or 5 hours for ECMing/suppressing/draining them ?
[18:01:00] <Dev Zoom> Yes, of course , i will have so fun i stay afk 4 or 5 hours.
[18:01:23] <Dev Zoom> You're kidding me, buy a second account and manage it yourself.

Ville wrote:

Now are you planning on fixing spark teleports too OR removing the lockout mechanics on beta stations?

There is no decision yet whether we want to change it or not.
edit: Spark TP I mean, removing lockout is not even considered.

Tux wrote:

So is this going to mean an increase in a the base pool of available epriton on beta ?

Probably yes.

And I don't understand the fuss about NPCs really. What if we said they are intentionally there upon the fields to defend a high-tier mineral? Besides, there aren't any real challenges in mining other than the occasional guarded field.

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

Something similar I would say:

Get rid of all static spawns and have them spawn randomly on terrain and use current beacon mechanics but with different timers, probably best if there are 30 or forty spawn locations per island. If they don't get shot for an hour they disappear and spawn elsewhere. If someone's shooting then they spawn at least x waves. If they are Red spawns then they don't aggress for 1 minute unless aggressed.

Not a solution for dynamic ore in inaccessible places - there are much better suggestions for that - but definitely a change that would make the NPCs in the game world seem to have grater purpose than just pointlessly milling around in circles.

Tux wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

there's actually 6 betas roll

Lock out mechanic should stay as is

you may think changing sparks will do something to ease this change but people with more than 1 or 2 accouynts will easily avoid and SpT cool down penalties

the other 3 beta could be locked they have no terminal roll

RIP PERPETUUM