Topic: Spark Teleports

Need a cool down 1 hour or 4 hour.   Being round the world in 60 seconds is bad.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Spark Teleports

-1   Around the world quickly is good.

3 (edited by Gunner 2013-07-31 05:36:51)

EVE has 24 hour timers on clone hopping and this game as 0 second timers and you can place 10 clones.

EVE had it right from the start.

There is still a kill yourself to medical clone option, but really..

It's ridiculous and it is the way it is because of concessions to players.

I can be anywhere I need to be with eight account and 10 locations each.

It needs to be fixed, somehow.

The 10 people left that are playing this game just abuse the mechanic for missions and PvP related moving etc.

fix it

thx

I would be happy with 1 hour, even a half hour.      or    PvP = 30 minute wait

anything ---

4 (edited by Goffer 2013-07-31 06:26:54)

+1 for beta/gamma
atm we need this badly for alpha
and I see no real abuse on alpha

Edit And I see a reason for cooldown, but 1h or 4h seems too much. 15 min would be fine thought

you know the #1 gripe from new players is that it takes a long time to get around in the game .. spark teleport makes a bit less of a headache ...

seems good to me as is  ... instead of adding timers just make it cost more if it is an issue ....

heck i wouldn't care if it cost 1mill per ... time to travel needs to improve before sparks are modified

adding a huge 1 to 4 hour cool down seems to only cater to thoes who log in to try get a quick gank and then log to go play with their swords ....

spark TP IS one of the best features of this game keep it as is

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

this was discussed some time back, and no a timer will change not much.

ppl will have their timer ready when pvp arises and they can spark where they are needed. and its most unlikly that then need to sark for the next pvp or a tectical movement in the next 15mins.

basicly it will change nothing. only makes things for ppl harder that have stuff to do at multible outposts.

It's so broken and the people defending it abuse the *** out of it.

8 (edited by Burial 2013-07-31 10:31:42)

Adding NIC cost or cooldown would probably not be the way to balance it.

Best way, in my opinion, is to just add a "charge-up" to the spark teleport that adds a small waiting period between clicking spark teleport and actually arriving at the destination. Waiting period would range from 1 to 5 minutes and would be based on the distance you want to spark-jump. That effectively would not nerf ability to jump around too much while eliminating the instant response problems OP is facing.

To make things more important, once you have started warming up for spark jump, you can not cancel it!

The absolute best way to balance it (if indeed it needs balancing) would be to add much much more land.

Just thought I'd bang my favourite drum again. big_smile

10 (edited by Burial 2013-07-31 10:54:33)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

The absolute best way to balance it (if indeed it needs balancing) would be to add much much more land.

Just thought I'd bang my favourite drum again. big_smile

Agreed too. The more land, the more places you want to go, the more the 10 spark limitation hurts.

1 hour limitation is good. No longer.

Would be lovely to have cooldown for Gamma/Beta and no Cooldown for Alpha.

Ive said it b4 ill say it again. Game balancing by monetary means only is a bad idea. It favourse the rich players & Vets over the newer player who has less nic to throw around. A cool down timer effects both parties the same.

Keep it cheap & put it on a timer. 30-60mins IMO is good stop immediate abuse of the mechanic but still keeps it useful for people that think ahead.

I see good things here, boiling down to the excellent suggestion of a cool-down timer on beta and gamma outposts.

15 (edited by Burial 2013-07-31 14:05:06)

The issue here is not that people can use spark teleportation too many times per day but the fact that with spark teleportation, you get very fast response times to almost any outposts. That has been mentioned many times on these forums. By adding a cool-down, you are not solving that issue. The game will just be more annoying when you know you might be stuck in that outpost for however long the cooldown is.

16 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-07-31 14:34:42)

does no one realize that this would utterly and completely destroy the little PVP we have?  How many people are going to fight when they know that they have no reinforcements coming? 

This smells to me, of people wanting to be able to gank a miner/harvest/lone bot and not have to worry about dealing with the reinforcements that show up.

17 (edited by Ville 2013-07-31 15:47:46)

Martha when there's 100+ people bouncing between terminals on Beta.

I knew someone would bring up the ghanking reference but its further from the truth.  Who mines on Beta?  What industry exists on beta?  Besides the production arganos and sequers.  We said this time and time again this game shifted from being centered around pvp and teamwork to hey lets care bear up the industry to a point were only turtles happen.

Let me ask you this what good does killing a missioning Argano do?  Does it hurt a corps production?  Not really.  Cause when the reinforcements show up look what happens?  Attacker kills piece of *** Argano with syntec gear.  Loses ~80k nic.  Attacker loses assault. ~800k. 

Then why pvp?  Epeen.  It's the only thing that drives pvp.  You know why there was pvp 18 months ago?  Because I could take a 800k assault and kill a riveler mk2.  When's the last time you seen a corps production miner party ghanked?  Last one I remember was mine on bergers earlier this YEAR.  That's bad.  Very bad.  It drives the market prices into the *** coupled with unlimited gamma resources will collapse a market.  The only thing pushing the prices up is the *** beacon money from missions.  It's causing prices to shift upward. 

When missions change prices will drop drastically again.  Not right now because there's still over saturates bank accounts.  But probably 3 to 4 months.  Assuming there's a population to support a market.

A cool down on sparks will lessen some of the blow back to this by preventing instant market transactions and the bringing back in line of pvp balance.

18 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-07-31 18:28:49)

The problem isn't the sparks.  The problem is that Beta's are completely ****ing pointless, besides SAP loot and missions (and lets be honest, the only SAP loot worth a dam is starred beacons and cortexes).  That's why 18 months ago we had PVP,  Beta's were everything.  Changing the sparks does nothing to fix this, it just makes *** more inconvenient.

Edit:  We ganked rawrs industry fleets multiple times smile but I get your point.

It's about balance.  We went from hardcore pvp to complete care bear of our industry it needs to start shifting back to the middle again.  Where there is more risk on Gammas versus Beta, cause your right, beta is pointless lol.

as usually ville trolls around and complains about a feature that is not a problem. it might be a problem a bit atm because we basicly can spark between nearly all beta outposts. but that is because noone realy is there to take these outposts. once a few old or new factions take some of them then the problem is gone.

spark teleport is fine as it is. you just wine because its now to your disadvantage, but you did not cry months ago when cir and chaos (or the other pets) hotdroped tmb (for example).

this is no problem and it will be no problem with more population. the devs surely will not ballance stuff around the current population.

so, when you guys start to see gangs of 200+ people after greenlight instantly moving from island to island and station to station, you guys will start to get it

All the -1 here in thread are people just abusing the mechanic for missions, logistics, pvp protection

"easy moders"

Martha Stuart wrote:

does no one realize that this would utterly and completely destroy the little PVP we have?  How many people are going to fight when they know that they have no reinforcements coming?

I have NOT fought precisely BECAUSE of the threat of having 10 mechs spark in on me.  I can attest that I have PvPed LESS because of the spark situation.

DEVs, if you listen to these guys who want to protect the "little PVP we have", then you will never move beyond the current situation of small scale PVP we have now.  Change the spark situation and see if PVP picks up or not (which I believe will pick up).  I know for sure, I would flag up more...

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

+1 to mongolia and  gunner's posts

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

24 (edited by Ville 2013-07-31 23:25:07)

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

as usually ville trolls around and complains about a feature that is not a problem. it might be a problem a bit atm because we basicly can spark between nearly all beta outposts. but that is because noone realy is there to take these outposts. once a few old or new factions take some of them then the problem is gone.

spark teleport is fine as it is. you just wine because its now to your disadvantage, but you did not cry months ago when cir and chaos (or the other pets) hotdroped tmb (for example).

this is no problem and it will be no problem with more population. the devs surely will not ballance stuff around the current population.

Edited: you know what Zortarg, one day you will understand this and why it's needed.   Even hearth stones in wow have a 15 min Cool Down.

So it is spark teleport that broke the game this time? What will you guys use as an excuse next, I wonder? None of you guys had a problem with it until your corps all caved and left the game. Sorry you guys cant hang with the big dogs. Keep working though, you will get there.

Cant change all the game mechanics to cater to 3 man corps. Its just not how it works.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2