Re: Dynamic Ore Spawn Question.

noobs also have to be told that the directional scanner only shows you the closest ore deposit... and that they have to run a good bit over the map just to get pointed to a different spawn.

IMHO directional scanning needs a review, considering this.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

it would be better have some kind of approx distance shown. unless some one has a OOG app that can be used. I hate ore scanning & have mostly stopped mining due to how stupid it is

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

This same player got introduced to shields (which he did not have enough EP to get) and mining in other areas.  He went to another area and he found a spot with two green tiles on it, not enough to get his quest done. 

Hey Developers listen, I'm going to share a secret with you that has made other development teams filthy rich.  "If its too challenging or not fun in the beginning most players won't stick with it."  Why pay $10 a month to do something they hate?   

Give us back static spawns or put a starting race strictly as Industrial that starts out with basic shield and accumulator skills.  Or hell make the Argano have decent shield skills.  Now that most outposts are locked the idea of someone ninja mining in an Argano could tank a like ewar back to base is unrealistic.  But that would be a miserable run at 15kph back to a gate.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

104 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-06 15:33:58)

Dynamic ores spawns has been a good change in theory, though the way it has been implemented is horrible. Rarely do I see red tile fields anywhere made worse be the mining changes( mined amount/ tile). Why do they have to be sooo dynamic, bring back field regeneration for a random amount of spawns, then move them.

The directional scanner should give you more information, like different coloured arrows pointing to all the directions fields are available. An  semi-opaque arrow on the terrain below or above robot moving like a compass, showing you the way should be much better.

Mining is also not balanced for a Riveler mk2 with t4 fit and nexus, its just to little ore on terrain and cargo is far too small.

RIP PERPETUUM

Bump, @Dev Short Memory.

So here is the idea:

Make an active mode for ECCM. (yes again, but this time it's different smile )

While active, you're practically immune for sensory ew, BUT you can only lock ground tiles. (And you will lose all non-ground locks once you activate it.)

You still have to do something about the incoming damage, tank it out or have buddies, that's up to you. But at least you won't have to relock all the time.

(Why the lock restriction and not a negative bonus to weapon damage for example? To not make support/follow bots OP.)

107 (edited by Arga 2013-09-04 20:17:15)

DEV Zoom wrote:

So here is the idea:

While active, you're practically immune for sensory ew, BUT you can only lock ground tiles. (And you will lose all non-ground locks once you activate it.)

You still have to do something about the incoming damage, tank it out or have buddies, that's up to you. But at least you won't have to relock all the time.

(Why the lock restriction and not a negative bonus to weapon damage for example? To not make support/follow bots OP.)

Not again... your making us give up a (tuner) head slot to go out and PVE; as well as adding in an additional acc draw sad

Edit: resulting in slower mining and needing the miner to spend LONGER in the NPC field for the same return

Interesting.  Can you give ECCM a bonus to mining too?

Arga wrote:

Not again... your making us give up a (tuner) head slot to go out and PVE; as well as adding in an additional acc draw sad

Well, good thing it's optional smile

How about increasing the masking values of termis and arganos too?

111 (edited by Sundial 2013-09-04 20:21:17)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:

What do you suggest we do about heavy mech explosion damage? Simply not kill the NPC's / jam / neut them out?

Thats the only thing I can think of. It might actually lead to some interesting mining big_smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

112 (edited by Arga 2013-09-04 20:24:44)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:

Oh, come on.

You just said it, either you give up the slot, or you get perma-jammed and can't do anything. How is that optional?

Edit; Logging in is optional, that I agree with.

113 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-04 20:26:20)

DEV Zoom wrote:

So here is the idea:

Just make mining bots immune to ECM and only target ground tiles, what option do we have anyways or u fit this module or get ecmed

RIP PERPETUUM

Sundial wrote:

What do you suggest we do about heavy mech explosion damage? Simply not kill the NPC's / jam / neut them out?

Thats the only thing I can think of. It might actually lead to some interesting mining big_smile

If you can jam/neut them out then I don't see a problem. But you're right that active ECCM would help only those who have no guards helping out but can tank instead.

"I don't want to derail this topic so see this one." < Then you derail this? big_smile (Or I am wrong this tread is not about mineral fields? not NPC-s on the field?)

O.o
Interesting idea/solution, I thought you was kidding.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Wait... so now I need a head slot for the ECCM so I can lock tiles, some tuners, either armor or sheild, and I can only run 1 miner arm or risk running out of acc.

I would be better off putting a small mining arm on a combat bot.

Arga wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:

Oh, come on.

You just said it, either you give up the slot, or you get perma-jammed and can't do anything. How is that optional?

You're talking about this as if all fields would have NPCs from now on smile

It's optional in the sense that if you decide to mine a field with NPCs, you'll be likely better off with the module. Obviously you don't need it for an unguarded field.

It's really about the choice whether you want to sacrifice mining performance for your locking peace.

118 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-04 20:29:17)

Don't be surprised after the pvp roamers had their fun killing indy bots, and then whine again there is no easy target to kill anymore because we will all quit.

RIP PERPETUUM

119 (edited by Arga 2013-09-04 20:31:20)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh, come on.

It's optional in the sense that if you decide to mine a field with NPCs, you'll be likely better off with the module. Obviously you don't need it for an unguarded field.

It's really about the choice whether you want to sacrifice mining performance for your locking peace.

Opps, miss click

The difference is mining for a quest or because you need the ore.

If its' a mission, then as I pointed out, better off using a combat bot.

120 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 20:35:08)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh, come on.

And if all minerals field are under NPC, how will you do ?

Zoom check this video http://fr.twitch.tv/perpetuumonline/b/456348287

I will ask to a corpmate for helping each time that i want do one mission or i buy a second account?

Give us active ECCM that can be used in combat too. fuuu

Zoom Line has a good point:  Single Tile terraformers become gods.

Heliaso wrote:

You write in the video yourself that you could do it in a tanked Termis or Riveler if it weren't for the jamming. That would be solved with with an active ECCM.

124 (edited by Heliaso 2013-09-04 20:47:49)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Heliaso wrote:

You write in the video yourself that you could do it in a tanked Termis or Riveler if it weren't for the jamming. That would be solved with with an active ECCM.

Ok , let's go with a termis or riveler to see if i can tank them.

should i add a medium plate to improve my resistance demob or just move at 10km*h due to demobilzers ?

It's true, i need leg slot for the accu recharger , and don't forget the sield hardener and sensor amplifier to reduce your mined amount smile

Ville: I know this would also affect single tile terraformers, but if the only way to stop them is by ew then that's a whole different problem.