Re: Dynamic Ore Spawn Question.

Still waiting on someone to invent a logical explanation how to do this.  It was observed in a recent Screen Shot one of the devs attempting to mine with NPCs shooting him.  The Dev was not only not cap stable but was going to die soon.  So once again?  Is this broken?  Or are we expected with the 43 players online right now to be able to multibox enough accounts to be able to mine with these "Dynamic" spawns?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-31 20:49:15)

On 2012.08.02. (Thursday), starting from 3PM CEST, we will perform maintenance on this server. That means WWW / forums / email / etc. services will we unavailable. The game itself will be unaffected by this upgrade. We will keep you updated on our Facebook page about our progress.

its not worth a topic or "news" entry, but i expect a blog post after it big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

tbh, when i seen the red I thought the server was shutting down.

Well in a nut shell when Dynamic Ore spawns were implemented I stopped loggin in. I did not see a reason why it ever needed to be done. As of all the changes to the game from when it went live, I had adapted to the changes and never objected once.
All 7 of my accounts will run out of Sub soon and will not resub. I really enjoyed this game and never involved myself in any of the politics or trolling. I could not care less.
Oh well maybe one day

DYNAMIC ORE SPAWN LOST ME AS A SUB.:(

Muncher wrote:

Well in a nut shell when Dynamic Ore spawns were implemented I stopped loggin in. I did not see a reason why it ever needed to be done. As of all the changes to the game from when it went live, I had adapted to the changes and never objected once.
All 7 of my accounts will run out of Sub soon and will not resub. I really enjoyed this game and never involved myself in any of the politics or trolling. I could not care less.
Oh well maybe one day

DYNAMIC ORE SPAWN LOST ME AS A SUB.:(

well you said you adapted to every other changes. the adaption to this one is quite simple...

its every persons choice to choose to stop playing a game.
i like the random spawns. you can mine on a ore field for hours depening on your miner fleet. days if you do it solo (depending on your skills and of cource on the mineral itself as well). if you have to spend 20mins of these many hours just to look for a new ore field then i say thats ok. i had no problems on alpha finding stuff i hnd no probem on beta finding stuff i had no problem on gamma finding stuff.

maybe you should not always look close to the terminals cause of cource this is what is mined out first. but we were given cheep inner island teleports so its no problem at all to mine somewere else...

i simply cant understand the ppl that have a problem with the random spawns. just because its not there at the same spot for you every day that you guys are sooooo used to.

but thats the way it is... have fun mining the same astroid fields over and over again then.

It's fine if you can dedicate hours to mining, some people like myself came home from lunch and busted out a sequer load of minerals and went back to work.   Now I can't and now I have to pay close attention to my miners for fear of dying.  Hell even restroom breaks are Dangerous.  Like I said prepatch dynamic ore spawns  would kill the casual miner, people like routines and familiar  ground its human nature.

Can I has spark teleports already? PLOX? If ores don't sit in one spot anymore, why do I have to still?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

Can I has spark teleports already? PLOX? If ores don't sit in one spot anymore, why do I have to still?

coz you must mine more for the Party!

Long live communism ? smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ville wrote:

It's fine if you can dedicate hours to mining, some people like myself came home from lunch and busted out a sequer load of minerals and went back to work.   Now I can't and now I have to pay close attention to my miners for fear of dying.  Hell even restroom breaks are Dangerous.  Like I said prepatch dynamic ore spawns  would kill the casual miner, people like routines and familiar  ground its human nature.

well alpha still has no roams as far as i remember.
on beta you have to know where your npcs travel...
on gamma ... well gamma has random roams. you can be save for days, or have 10 visits in 2h... depends...
but even there you can deploy a terminal at any mining field (like colixum) then you just have to hop out. no travel, no problem... full 15 mins casual mining...

yes for 15 mins it may be a little hard. but still you can scan before you want to mine and then come to that spawn. works well on alpha if you look for a place a bit further away. yes sometimes you may find it empty. but should not happen too often. you can even log out your miners on a field. and now with the non-agressive npcs on alpha this is even less of a problem.

but yea when i mine i dedicate to it. personaly i dont cosider it worth to start mining for just 15mins. if i only have 15 mins avalible i usualy do something else or dont even log in. mmos are time consuming. i tend to count in days, weeks, months. 15mins... not worth mentioning.

but anyway. i think you can still make it possible. you just have to adapt. there is always a way. if you dont want to see the possibilities then you have a problem. but it still works. you just have to use your brain and maybe need a little more preparation. but still possible.

Alpha 2s still have red roaming spawns, perhaps I need to move my fleet to alpha 1.  But the basic premises are there.  The person who casual mined with one account  spends 15-30 mins tracking down a field that maybe fragments spends 15-30 mins mining and 15 mins hauling hmm  So you end up dedicating at least two hours of mining to get a decent load.  Now production takes 7 different materials to make  one basic item.  so that's 14 hours a week dedicated to just self productionists.  Starting to sound more like a job now.  I understand what your saying zortag, I just trying to look at it from a fun/less grindy point of view.  It's easy to tell veterans in game  to use your head but that week old guy still deciding whether or not he likes this game is not.

Ville wrote:

It's easy to tell veterans in game  to use your head but that week old guy still deciding whether or not he likes this game is not.

you have a point here.

BOS has a folder with all updated scan results it seems to help speed things up for miners. Just a tip for newer players/corps

Dev Zoom, I saw a screenshot of you attempting to mine with  shield on around mobs.  It was clear from the screen shot you were not Accumulator Stable, and if you continued mining in the session like you were you would have died and lost a riveler to some light bots.  Is this the game you developers imagined?  Because I'm have a hard time justifing why I should even try to beat a dead horse and give you my money when you institute silly things such as:

Dynamic Ore fields
No advertisement
Tower Spam with undying repair nodes.
Walls.
Probes.
Knee Jerk nerfs: Arkhes and 2K building radius.
30 mins travel time between Alpha 2 island terminals
Industry OMFG it takes HOW MANY MINERALS TO MAKE A LIGHT BOT?

Now I can't say for certain but the population took a nose dive into the *** right when you instituted the no 2K build radius/blog/forum whatever.  THE SAME thing happened when you nerfed walls.  But you did this at the WRONG time, WOT was the go to game after the wall nerf but you guys really screwed the pooch on the gamma nerf.. with MWO and GW2 dropping the next couple of weeks...  Well good luck to you devs.

You (THE DEVELOPERS) have single handedly took more corps out of this game then any pvp war could have.

You killed the population with ERP nerf(3 of them...  Did you EVEN test this thing?) for the Russian communisty, you Killed the population with wall nerf(THE *** TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND YOU WAITED TWO MONTHES TO FIX IT!  THEY TOLD YOU!! THEY TOLD YOU! THEY TOLD YOU!!!!!) for the US population and now you has successfully killed the EU crowd with the Gamma nerf and thing(WE-The current community-TOLD YOU!  TOLD YOU!  TOLD YOU! that people would spam turrets around the teleporters.).  There are literally 29 people in general chat right now during EU timezone.  TWENTY NINE PEOPLE and 4 of them are ME.  Lets ASSUME there is 3/4 of the population out of general chat atm.  That still puts total numbers at 100.  Theres 36 islands.  Thats less then 3 people per island and lets remember we are ASSUMING here.

Do you guys play this game?  Actively engage in offensive people once in a while, try to do some of the broken missions.  Start a trial account and tell me how fun dynamic spawns are.  Try grinding for monthes on end for kernals to unlock things to have a prototyper up and leave.  Try working with broken *** spawns for 3 monthes.  Try being a producer with 200K EP and looking at the commodities list to build a basic *** light bot.  Try working your way through mucks of attempting to hold a secure terrority.

I am Ville, a proud perpetuum player who loves this game and the hard work You the providers of a magnificent game have provided.  But your *** it up.  Your blowing it and it *** PAINS me to see the amount of time and man hours and the fights I have had at home because I was busy with something in this game because of the wonder people or the immensely wonderful world I get to partake in.

I shudder at the day but I truly believe at one point I am going to log in and I will be the only one in general chat and that day will break my heart because I know of what a wonderful game we have here but it is very painful watching this slow death.  Please please please.  Fix this magnificent wonderful game called Perpetuum.  We the players have done all we can to help but its going to take more then just us.  It's going to need that magic touch from a wonderful team of guys in Hungry who really don't understand math well but know how to program a fantastic video game.  <3

and to think it all started with humble old fashioned insurance fraud...

+1
-Confucius

Ville wrote:

Dev Zoom, I saw a screenshot of you attempting to mine with  shield on around mobs.  It was clear from the screen shot you were not Accumulator Stable, and if you continued mining in the session like you were you would have died and lost a riveler to some light bots.  Is this the game you developers imagined?

That's a little far-fetched I think. If I'm not mistaken you're talking about this screenshot. Like most screenshots, this one is not for you, the veteran player, who will rightfully point out how stupidly that Riveler is equipped. It's simply an action-shot that is supposed to show many things going on, and it's meant for those who don't have any idea about the game.

Ville I have a question for you, do you think when this changes dont happened the population is higer than now? ANd I dont attack you just ask it seriously.

After your post I would like to tell my opinion, I really dont understand where is the players because I every minute when play Perpetuum I feel the game force and I see what they did here. But where is the other players, now we got the hardcorest hardcore gamers in Perp nearly 100 people.

I can say Perp need Casual players than can change this.

And Ville if you ask yourself about popluation is always decresed and most of time we had 200 people on GC (or less) so I am not surprise.

And again I need to say I was there and play Perpetuum a wonderful game to me and that what nobody cant take it from me so I always can remember the good battles old 1v1-s 1v2 -s and when Ville was newbie and such a good or bad things. I am thank you I can be here.

So I am happy, and I hope Perpetuum will get the real position on the MMO market!

(Maybe will move somewhere because this post originally not about that.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's a little far-fetched I think. If I'm not mistaken you're talking about this screenshot. Like most screenshots, this one is not for you, the veteran player, who will rightfully point out how stupidly that Riveler is equipped. It's simply an action-shot that is supposed to show many things going on, and it's meant for those who don't have any idea about the game.

hmm, i cannot imagine how so many new player left because they realised that it will take weeks or MONTH to get into that bipedal mechs that you can see on all those promotion screens, logins or backgrounds.

so, mining with the biggest possible mining mech next to an alpha terminal , with a total fail fit, and... a weapon -> it creates expectations that are broken the moment someone starts asking questions in help channel.

sometimes i wished that that single weapon slot on indu mechs would actually enable self-defense.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Dev Zoom, I saw a screenshot of you attempting to mine with  shield on around mobs.  It was clear from the screen shot you were not Accumulator Stable, and if you continued mining in the session like you were you would have died and lost a riveler to some light bots.  Is this the game you developers imagined?

you missed the entire point Dev Zoom.  It's not about the fits its about player retention.  The fit only means you are now forcing people  to fit one way buddy and that takes away the uniqueness of the game.

True or False Dev Zoom
1.  An Argano optimum fit can mine there.
2.  A termis optimum fit can mine there.
3.   A riveler can mine there.

I'm not bashing you Dev Zoom but what happens next when all those  mobs have ECM?  Or just one of them?

You know what Dev Zoom your right it is far fetched and I'm tired of trying to point out the most annoying and  unfun aspect of the game for me.  Least there's pvp right?

Well if you're still onto that screenshot, then I can tell you all of them can mine there. A Riveler with that fit wasn't accumulator stable even when it was simply mining with full force. It wasn't the attacking NPCs sucking it dry, it was the mining itself. Given that the screenshot is more than a year old, I don't know whether this is still the case or not.

But anyway, that's not the point of this topic.

What do you call an optimum fit for a miner? Is it optimal for mining the most amount possible, or is it optimal for mining something while still having enough energy to defend itself? Because you're not supposed to have both.

Optimum tank ability.  I don't care about yields at this point Zoom, its whether it is actually possible for a mining bot to do it.

1. Argano With shield + Hardener 3 small miners and a geoscanner and Accum recharger.

2.  Termis same setup Shield all rechargers or batterys which ever is optimum + 4 Medium miners and a geoscanner + all hardeners in the head slot.

3.  Riveler Shield... you get the point, no mining tuners all defense.

47 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-10 20:30:39)

What do you call an optimum fit for a miner? Is it optimal for mining the most amount possible, or is it optimal for mining something while still having enough energy to defend itself? Because you're not supposed to have both.

you may be able to mine something in a fully shielded riveler or termis there, between Drones. Try the same next to 6x 3rd star havoc spawn (aka "average" light bot spawn). and please not with t4 fit max extensions.

ville has a point when he mentiones ECMing bots, since ALL industrials got the low sensor strength that has a 1:3 chance to be jammed by a t1 ecm...

btw: just realised, YOU TOOK AWAY the resist bonus of my symbiont...

Alright, now the question is what kind of NPCs and how many of them should they be able to tank. Although I guess this question is for DEV Alf smile

And yes, the ECM is a valid issue.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Alright, now the question is what kind of NPCs and how many of them should they be able to tank. Although I guess this question is for DEV Alf smile

And yes, the ECM is a valid issue.

Faith in Hungry Restored!

50 (edited by Ville 2012-08-10 20:33:31)

I know its hard to balance, because of pvp follow bots, I know this.  But when it comes to alpha and beta mining if multiple fields end up under 4~6 light bot spawn or even an 3 assault bot spawn with ECMS you get forced to continue tracking down a field that might end up somewhere safe. 

But we are still missing the biggest problem I have in player retention, how does this help retain new players if every field they visit is under a mob spawn that can kill them and then the player gets super frustrated?  Yes I am directing this towards the carebear side of things, and there are STILL red spawns on Alpha-1s because I attempted mining there =P  How does this help lure industrial minded players into the game and draw their hooks into them.