26 (edited by Annihilator 2011-09-02 21:54:38)

Re: Perpetuum is on hold until Intrusion 2.0

Annihilator wrote:

i would really like to collect ideas about that, but any topic i start about details for PoS and big islands is either trolled or lacks participation...

reading anything below syndics and alexadars serious answers is wasted time as it turned again in a very baised, offtopic namecalling discussion.

q.e.d.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sundial wrote:

Learn to read.

Sundial wrote:

The real reason you guys are not happy is the fail politics that have been going on lately.

*who was talking about that here?

Sundial wrote:

But CIR/Novastrov, you only have yourself to blame for the fact that you do not get the "epic mech fights" that you want by blobbing together and having an alliance that consisted of most of the mech based PvP oriented players in the game.

**who was talking about that here?

hell - all that you wrote has nothing to do with this thread - L2R maybe?

You don't seem to get what I and some other guys are trying to talk about, you are derailing the thread, but yet you are telling me to "learn to read"?!???

"Yeah, beta may be broken."

My point was the game has issues, but you only through fail politics / poor choices have most of those issues become major problems causing people to get bored and quit.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

My point was the game has issues, but you only through fail politics / poor choices have most of those issues become major problems causing people to get bored and quit.

Nice - we are trying to talk about improvements to this game, how we can have more people on, about building stuff, about ideas, about those issues - try to look beyond corp tag, and do something else but put the blame on CIR. CIR is still having fun, all is good, no need to worry, you'll still have troll material once most of us get back from *** day...btw - in some slavic countries there is a ***....meh...you wouldn't understand smile

Tusk McPumpkin wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Nice - we are trying to talk about improvements to this game, how we can have more people on, about building stuff, about ideas, about those issues - try to look beyond corp tag, and do something else but put the blame on CIR. CIR is still having fun, all is good, no need to worry, you'll still have troll material once most of us get back from *** day...btw - in some slavic countries there is a ***....meh...you wouldn't understand smile

A player base can make or break a game.

I agree with most of the points about creation / POS etc. However, I feel the game would be better off with 0 alliances, or very small ones.

My point was its not only the games fault, but also the players. Corps like STP and others were forced to join an alliance instead of just striking off on their own on beta. Many like them ended up quiting I am sure after destroyed by superior numbers / fit bots.

Beta = one size fits all at the moment, this should not be the case.

It should suit all different styles of play, not just join some super alliance.

Sundial wrote:

I agree with most of the points about creation / POS etc. However, I feel the game would be better off with 0 alliances, or very small ones.

My point was its not only the games fault, but also the players. Corps like STP and others were forced to join an alliance instead of just striking off on their own on beta. Many like them ended up quiting I am sure after destroyed by superior numbers / fit bots.

Well, there is history. Perp is world, with its own timeline. The, so called, Novablob alliance was created as an answer to m2s and its endless mech supply. People that fought together against overwhelming odds. You can't just expect it to just go away.

You are in 62nd corp if I'm not wrong? Do you have any alliances? If so, why? How many active players does your alliance have? How many does NeX have?

Meh...it's all just stale talk. This thread has stranded. We should talk about improvements to the game, not alliances...but about something that will bring more people to this game. I was trying to do just that, but then there goes the train - 'we are still having fun'...well great, but wouldn't it be more fun with 2k ppl online? Game is struggling - give your ideas to devs how to improve it. That's why I said in my 1st post - forget about CIR, m2s, 62nd, try and think about how we can help devs with ideas...

I think that all this green/blue/yellow -/+ 2% stats is waste of time at this moment. This is a sandbox, we all know what politics are like, lets try to give some ideas to devs without looking at tags...

32 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-02 23:01:02)

Tusk McPumpkin wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Well, there is history. Perp is world, with its own timeline. The, so called, Novablob alliance was created as an answer to m2s and its endless mech supply. People that fought together against overwhelming odds. You can't just expect it to just go away.

You are in 62nd corp if I'm not wrong? Do you have any alliances? If so, why? How many active players does your alliance have? How many does NeX have?

Meh...it's all just stale talk. This thread has stranded. We should talk about improvements to the game, not alliances...but about something that will bring more people to this game. I was trying to do just that, but then there goes the train - 'we are still having fun'...well great, but wouldn't it be more fun with 2k ppl online? Game is struggling - give your ideas to devs how to improve it. That's why I said in my 1st post - forget about CIR, m2s, 62nd, try and think about how we can help devs with ideas...

I think that all this green/blue/yellow -/+ 2% stats is waste of time at this moment. This is a sandbox, we all know what politics are like, lets try to give some ideas to devs without looking at tags...

What do we do about things like small corps bring small roam to beta / do anything on beta and  get scouted by an Arke on a gate and for good reason, the corp is doing industrial operations to increase their assets, obviously they protect their assets and retaliate.

How do you give players a place to roam, but also a place to live? Currently its "one size fits all". Every risk people can avoid they will. Gate scouts, detectors, etc. This is a given. There need to be small objectives/content on huge "no mans landish" islands that bring players there. But bigger corps / alliances also need a place to live. Currently, beta islands can all be lived on.

These no mans land islands could have far more rewarding artifact scanning / other features specific to the island. No more 2 week old player scanning in a yagel on completely hostile territory and getting ganked and quiting with 0 chance to survive on beta, more of a large large no mans and to get lost in. And maybe have things they could carry in their cargo holds be worth more that were squired there on said island. Also, have many points of exits on and off the island.

A big land mass to get lost in... for new players, for old players... A magnetic field that breaks signal detectors. Also, the larger your fleet the longer you could be detected at. Giving the average / small guys a fighting chance and some ballanced PvP for them for a change by allowing them to select their fights against larger groups. In my opinion, all beta should be like this. Bigger groups of people have a higher detection range, like interference but increasing the range they are detected at. Give solo roamers / small groups a chance to not get zerged!

Just one idea for smaller corps that could also be great fun for larger ones.

Sundial wrote:

A big land mass to get lost in...

Oh yea, this would be great esp for new/smaller corps.

For me, the most important thing is to keep old/leet/beta/how-ever players in game. With POS + terraforming I think it would be very possible to do that and to have a surge of new players when the word spreads. I know a lot of ppl who would find a home here if they could have the above options. With it we get endless possibility of islands (bcs I think a really large landmass for now is a problem for devs) and it's not like it was not planned and promised so they prolly have something to build up on without major game plan change. It would give sence to beta islands (I imagine it should be just for 'em), more incitive for all players to go and try their luck, achievement for holders and for possible invaders.

Also acc reset, attributes and all that jazz has to change. We can all see how devs are strugglin with it... People are afraid of spending ep's in the wrong way and it must be changed. Something like training on earth/simulator instance with 100k (or whatever) ep's and some basic npc's of all sort would give them at least a feel for basic diff in bot classes so that they can choose easier in game...

There is lots of things that can be done and should be done before these little balance changes. The priority now is to add new stuff, good stuff, new tools for building our perp world.

Alexander wrote:

Intrusions 2.0 will change very little.

Devs are spending their time on *** that will not make an impact

Uncle Mo wrote:

Perpetuum is on hold until Intrusion 2.0

Sounds like a personal problem -> it's only on hold for you and many of your blob-mates...

Many other players are still logging on and playing everyday.  Yes the pop is low, but NovaBlob was a significant part of that population they/you seem to be the only ones WtfRageQQing.

But look at the bright side, NovaBlob is like a cancer infecting a host (PO in this case). The sooner the cancer is cut free of the host, the faster the host will recover.  The remaining population is a healthy core, therefore I for once am not too worried about the temporary low population.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Tusk McPumpkin wrote:

Nice - we are trying to talk about improvements to this game, how we can have more people on, about building stuff, about ideas, about those issues - try to look beyond corp tag, and do something else but put the blame on CIR. CIR is still having fun, all is good, no need to worry,

Really? cause it looks like your size has dwindled quite rapidly like the rest of the population and the ones left are 90% forum warriors 10% miners/pvers

Mongolia Jones wrote:

But look at the bright side, NovaBlob is like a cancer infecting a host (PO in this case). The sooner the cancer is cut free of the host, the faster the host will recover.  The remaining population is a healthy core, therefore I for once am not too worried about the temporary low population.

I had cancer. NHL 4b b and t cell (1st case to survive may I add). No cutting can help you. Chemo, more chemo, stam cell transplant, more chemo and so on...

But I digress...judging by actions so far m2s is cancer...and its still here after 2 remissions wink

Goblin wrote:

Really? cause it looks like your size has dwindled quite rapidly like the rest of the population and the ones left are 90% forum warriors 10% miners/pvers

"CIR is still having fun, all is good, no need to worry" wink

...but hey - I appreciate that you care about CIR smile

sorry to hear about your illness and I wish you a speedy recovery.

but your corp is partly responsible for the current state of PO.

If only more people were admirable like me during the eve influx and chose to leave CIR to help promote competitive pvp and along with it, the health and popularity of the server. Probably too late now ...

40 (edited by Mongolia Jones 2011-09-03 00:07:30)

Tusk McPumpkin wrote:

But I digress...judging by actions so far m2s is cancer...and its still here after 2 remissions wink

Wrong, let me educate.

Styx was the cancer, and that was cut out a long time ago by the devs.

NovaBlob, one of the many defenses to Styx's m2s, continued on with the holy "war" against a Styx-free and hanger-wiped m2s.  This did not lead to a healthy online environment finally the blob grew and grew -> metastasizing to other corps in the process.

This has to stop for the health of the game.

Your dear leader attempted to stop Styx from ruining this game.  Finally the devs stepped in and stopped him.  But now your dear leader has become that which he has hated and fought against for so long.  But it wont be a dev which destroys NovaBlob... instead the blob will implode on itself.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Goblin wrote:

but your corp is partly responsible for the current state of PO.

Can you tell me who else or what else is, beside CIR?

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Wrong, let me educate.

Styx was the cancer, and that was cut out a long time ago by the devs.

NovaBlob, one of the many defenses to Styx's m2s, continued on with the holy "war" against a Styx-free and hanger-wiped m2s.  This did not lead to a healthy online environment finally the blob grew and grew -> metastasizing to other corps in the process.

This has to stop for the health of the game.

Your dear leader attempted to stop Styx from ruining this game.  Finally the devs stepped in and stopped him.  But now your dear leader has become that which he has hated and fought against for so long.  But it wont be a dev which stops him, it will be himself.

Hm...even after chemo, transplants and all that goes with it there are always cancerous cells left in the body. But enough of that please...

Health of the game - so for you CIR is the problem why this game has so low ppl count. Could you possibly think of any other problem and speak about it or is CIR the only thing thats wrong?

As we can see CIR has only forum warriors and some miners left, so now all is good? The game has no other problems?

Every time there's a change, nerf, balance, update, hot fix, patch... whatever.. It's always 'x' corps fault. Someones tugging the devs. Someones playing too hard. Someones being mean. Someones pooped on my side of the sandbox. Oh gawds sand in my vaj.

It's no single corps fault that there's a lack of systems to make the game more uplifting. It's not up to corps to make the game work because the devs are behind.These are requests of paying players. If you like the game, then go play it and stop being an instigator in a thread that shouldn't be of any concern to you. How would you like it if you had a problem with something you bought from a store and took it back because of whatever reasoning and some *** came along and started telling you the thing is fine? You'd tell him to sod off I'm sure. Why? Because you bought it and you have a right to voice your concern on it. It's not a debate for you to chime in on. You can't fix the problem. You're not in charge of the dev team. If you're not concerned with the state of the game, well, these are the forums and the game is that way. ----->

Thanks.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Well Said Grim.

Ville wrote:

Well Said Grim.

I keep waiting for Grim to join the blob...er um 62nd...he must be resisting there evil temptations.

How long will this last...I'm willing to take bets.  Just send me nic in any increments and Ill send it back to you if I'm wrong with 10x interest.

And if I'm right ill send it back with 100x interest.

Its win, win.

Just sayin

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

That's a bet that will lose you a pile of money my friend. wink

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Grim Faust wrote:

That's a bet that will lose you a pile of money my friend. wink

Just make sure you send it to me in increments of even stacks of 1 million Nic.

All those messy numbers don't go well with my Ones and Zeros.

Oh and I don't blame you for joining the blob...its a natural progression of a terrible pvper tongue

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Tusk McPumpkin wrote:

"CIR is still having fun, all is good, no need to worry" wink

Is that why you're most dedicated and revered member Lemon has just quit?

sorry but check mate friend

I've heard rumors of successful duo, or even solo endeavors. Granted, the game could do with some active promotion.

Just keep in mind that this is still the beginning of the game. DEVs are working hard trying to advance at least a little, so don't interrupt them with your disbalance whining. Don't like something? Just don't use it for a while. Don't like it at all? don't log in, just keep paying and wait. There will be everything, just not right now.

tl;dr:

STFU and play or GTFO and cry.