Re: Perpetuum is on hold until Intrusion 2.0

It wouldn't be optimal, but I'd take that any day over the current situation.

somewhere else someone mentioned that active detection should send out a "ping" to the seen agents, especially since it works in pulse-mode now.

other solution could be - active detection lowers your masking equally for same time. (Mechwarrior active radar like)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Vaelen Gar wrote:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that as a solution.

now I am confused as to what you are refering to ... care to quote posts you are comenting on in the future ?

Annihilator wrote:

somewhere else someone mentioned that active detection should send out a "ping" to the seen agents, especially since it works in pulse-mode now.

other solution could be - active detection lowers your masking equally for same time. (Mechwarrior active radar like)

I had a sonar style thing in mind ...

Hugh Ruka wrote:

now I am confused as to what you are refering to ... care to quote posts you are comenting on in the future ?

Sorry.

Annihilator wrote:

i was told a "you are seen" icon is not necessary... learn to play and memorize all possible detection ranges of bots you cannot even see wink

Vaelen Gar wrote:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that as a solution.

The detector & masking modules are basically what "shrinked" the Beta territories. Instead of roaming an island checking every nook and cranny for people, you just run a few Castels with detectors in ~2k bubbles up and down the island for 5-10 mins, if they spot something converge and destroy, if not move on to another island.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

The detector & masking modules are basically what "shrinked" the Beta territories. Instead of roaming an island checking every nook and cranny for people, you just run a few Castels with detectors in ~2k bubbles up and down the island for 5-10 mins, if they spot something converge and destroy, if not move on to another island.

Exactly, and my personal opinion is that this adversely affects small scale PvP, as well as hindering the new Corps trying to push out onto beta.  They just can't absorb loses like the older established Corps, and it becomes very difficult to hide.

133 (edited by AgY 2011-09-14 01:21:58)

Maskers/Detectors have been introduced ~7 months ago.

With Masking/Detection devs gave all the advantages to the attacker.
Masking/detection values of all bots further amplify that.

It was and still is unbalanced for the following reasons:

* to counter one detector everyone in your squad has to fit a masker
.. means that you do not counter a detector with maskers but by using a detector yourself lol
.. maskers are usually used by the attacker because defenders usually have a detector big_smile
* the fastest bots are also those who are difficult to detect
* the marker range on your radar became useless
.. to be continued

The motto of that patch was "Hide & seek" but in fact its more like: "Seek, you can no longer hide"

I always felt that the defenders were given the advantage, but I guess it all depends on your perspective.  Either way, doing what I like to do is now very difficult, and I don't see that many people trying it anymore.  Either I'm in a very small minority, or something has caused people to stop doing it.

BRING BACK STEALTH ASSAULTS.

PROBLEMS SOLVED.