Re: ex eve players

Hello Tyrants and hooligans of New Eden!
5 Accounts
Former CVA
You guys know what that means big_smile

Ioci wrote:

Hello Tyrants and hooligans of New Eden!
5 Accounts
Former CVA
You guys know what that means big_smile

surely your not going to try and operate NRDS here as well its not providence you know smile

yep im a soon to be ex-eve player sub over there runs out in 11 days

hopefully this will be like eve with mechs

Baal wrote:

It looks interesting indeed smile
I think I will give it a month or so to get into it and decide if this is my EVE replacement or if I should keep looking. However I must say it feels like the devs are doing a good job and have a nice attitude against the players, a huge PLUS! smile

i know you from some where

This game needs much better tutorials and the tutorials should emphasise the game's strengths.  Teach new players about using terrain to mitigate damage, basics of fitting a bot and which skills to train.  It'd be an error to assume everyone comes primed with "Well in EVE I'd do such and such".

Perhaps an official wiki modelled on the FOOM wiki would be a good idea.

As an Industrial Eve player things translate quite well ... at least in the early stages of mine, mine, mine.....

We'll see how things go down stream...

I'll go back to Eve when I can afford to upgrade my OS, and hence my graphics card to support shader 3...

Still not deceide whether I'm going to sub or not...

My only regret was this game was not available 3 years ago. big_smile My Plex is about to go dry in a week and so far like my time spent here.

Mechs always trumps spaceships... Since I really can't recall a ship trumping a mech without another more powerful mech trumping the ship...:lol:

My first love was Mech warrior, my second love was eve (heart broken).  I feel complete after finding this jewel :')

Is it legal to trade isk for game time in Perpetuum and if it is contact me ingame somebodey who is interested...

will trade 350 mill isk for a 1 month gametime in Perpetuum...

Would like it 3rd party secured...

14 day trial is just to short for me and im thinking of buying but want to see the full game perticulary the market scale before i devote my time

Former Eve pilots Represent!  big_smile

My plan is to buy a year in advance.  That way the devs have the cash to help with development, which will lead to a more polished game, in which I will have an awesome account in a year with tons of EP.

Well now I remember what my first few days in EVE were like smile It'll definitely be a challenge to shift gears.

Seems like Perpetuum has got a lot of potential though.

another refugee here. another person who loved mechwarrior. i really hope this game can fulfill it's full potential and from the devotion of the staff here, i believe it will cool

Hiya Lords and Ladies of EvE.  Don't know about you folks, but I'm leaving a huge fleet and piles of cash, but I'm so done with all the technical incompetence and outright lies and greed and arrogance.  If they had taken care of us by making a really smoothly running game, I would not have minded that they extract big profits.  As it is, I feel I've been pimped out.

I did sub up one account on Perp.  I may start another becasue 1) it's cheap enough, and 2) if I decide to stay I'll have my alt acct with oodles of Extension points.

Perpetuum has some technical problems and my client crashes about once per hour. I really wish it was more stable. Keyboard controls are non-responsive 33-50% of the time and I have to spam keys to get them to activate commands.  Other times, keying works as expected.  Travel is a pain, but I'm learning the best routes for the transport missions and utilizing the speedways whenever possible.  I was very impressed with the dev team actually fixing the lag monster, although, I foresee more growing pains in this area as subs increase.  Some mission balancing is needed too as combat missions seem to be really expensive in terms of ammo, so much so, that you can lose money if you take on bots that require ammo dump after dump to kill, i.e., you spend more in ammo than you make off drops.  I mean, what seems like a good fight will eat up your cash in ammo.

All in all, it's a good starting point after my divorce from EvE.  Look forward to seeing you all on the firing line.

Mrs P.

EVE player here (4 accounts at one point).

Haven't unsubbed my final 2 yet, since my real life best friend of 30 years just started playing, but I told him if CQ is mandatory, I am out.

Liking the familiarity and also the newness of PO.

And getting in on the ground floor so to speak is nice.

A greeting from a GM on a game which has not seen dime one from me is so much nicer than a week of silence from a game i have given many hundreds to.

I can see the game has some issues, because it is new in its own right and not a beta test ground for some other game they are developing.

Fly safe & Mech safe.

Quit eve last year after the 18 months scandal. Saw eve mentioned on The Escapist and have been loling hard. Someone posted a link to perpetuum so i decided to check it out.

Looks pretty cool. May stick around!

2004 eve player

enjoying perpetuum will most likely sub up soon as my eve account stops.

Looking forward to rooming NIA smile

Nice game so far.  Old mechwarrior fan.  Eve player that still enjoys that game (nice corp, etc.), but I will sub this game for sure.

Iam still in eve but rather burned out atm....been playing eve since 05....time for something new....

another EVE refugee here.

played EVE for 5 years, and 5 accounts. all cancelled.

i like this game.

Coming from EVE too. Not really a Refugee, and not really bitter vet either as I only played for like 3 months. Checking out PO a bit, so far I quite like it but still have my EVE accounts active.

122 (edited by Zarrika Khan 2011-07-13 23:24:12)

Koshie Naranek wrote:

Nice game so far.  Old mechwarrior fan.  Eve player that still enjoys that game (nice corp, etc.), but I will sub this game for sure.

This is how I feel as well.

I actively played the trail for about two days to get a general feel for the game. I probably spent more time reading about it on these forums and others to get a glimpse of what it is like beyond that trail to help make a decision to subscribe or not.

For anyone coming over from EVE I have a few pieces of advice for what it may be worth to you:

1. Although you will find yourself comparing EVE to Perpetuum, it is impossible not to, do not resist the differences between the two games. Embrace them.

2. To me, the trail is designed to let you go through the tutorial, get a general feel for it and have an opportunity to talk with players in game and have an idea about what other aspects you can and will be able to do should you subscribe.

3. The two week trail is mainly to give you enough time to actually sit down and try this out for a few hours to see if you like it. Anyone coming over from EVE will only need a few hours to make that decision for themselves. Once you complete the first 10 missions and spend some time running around looking at things you have to make that choice of whether or not you will subscribe to see more of the game, especially the market.

4. I know the limited access to the market while on trail status is a little frustrating however I completely understand why it this way. You will see this stated time and again in this forum that NPC prices on ammo makes it hard to make NIC doing anything but transport missions. While this is generally true, as I said before, after a few hours of playing through the tutorial missions and possibly a few level zero combat missions you will get an idea of what you can expect if you subscribe. Doing so will open up the market to you and the ammo prices from player sell orders are much cheaper and open up the option to run combat missions if that is what you choose to do.

5. I for one am happy this game does not have some of the things offered in EVE. Namely PLEX. To me that always felt like a simple way to use real money to buy in game money to make it easy on yourself. Simple real life wallet advantage.  I prefer in game effort whether you do it solo or by team effort.

6. I like that (so far at least) this game does not have AFK cloaking, local chat as 'radar, intel, lazy scouting' "feature". I like that it does not have Bubbles, CONCORD and loads of bots/mechs that serve no real purpose like many tech 1 frigates and cruisers in EVE. In Perpetuum they have not introduced lots of different robot/mech models/types just for eye candy. If it does not distinctly have some 'more specialized' purpose than another kind within it's own 'race' and generally in Perpetuum.. well, it's not in the game. I hope this concept continues.

7. There is no Security Status to grind up for supposedly 'criminal' actions as there really is no 'law' here but what you make for yourself. No limitations to where you can and cannot travel because of that.

This is a very different game that on it's surface is only seems similar to EVE, but it just seems that way.

If you are looking at this because you are a refugee, burn out, Incarna killed my PC, or simply the curious type coming in from EVE and that is why you are reading this wall of text from me...  sub for one month if you liked enough of the aspects of the trail and see how you like without the restrictions. After that you will be able to make a much more informed decision with what to do next.

So how many of ex-eve players think wtf! a vaga is now an ewar bot! doh big_smile

Another ex/current eve player. Trying to decide which side of the fence to fall on.

Join us! We have cookies! smile

[13:08:41] <DEV BoyC> undock.

It's -Deploy!-