Topic: ex eve players

I have seen a few in game and i know a corp is being set up, so what are peoples first impressions ?

o and one thing before i commit

ARE YOU GOING TO INTRODUCE NO VANITY ITEMS FOR MT

only kidding lol

Re: ex eve players

Personally I like it

PVE needs quite a bit of work , and some UI polish here and there.I'm sure a bit of cash and userbase injection can inspire some development effort here.

PVP will be fun and interesting with the WASD'ing.

Looking forward to the experience.

eve refugee here looking forward to giving this game a try big_smile

Still figuring things out, looks like it'll take a while.  But, with no EVE around i've got plenty of spare time.

And another here

On a trial for now see how it works out, But first impressions look very promising..:D

+1 eve vet here! still figuring everything out, but so far so good lol

I put up a short list of eve to perpetuum translations in the eve channel, but another op (of the many) took it down. You all interested in a thread for such a purpose?  It would contain common eve terms and their perpetuum equivalent for easy game transitioning (ex: nano = lightweight frame).  Also, it would have other key differences like not being able to shoot in/of shields.  It would obviously be open to additions as I am not an eve player ( for longer than a few months a long time ago).

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

I put up a short list of eve to perpetuum translations in the eve channel, but another op (of the many) took it down. You all interested in a thread for such a purpose?  It would contain common eve terms and their perpetuum equivalent for easy game transitioning (ex: nano = lightweight frame).  Also, it would have other key differences like not being able to shoot in/of shields.  It would obviously be open to additions as I am not an eve player ( for longer than a few months a long time ago).

We (FOOM) have one on our forums that I've quickly tossed up on the wiki.  I'd love to see what you've put together and merge the two, since it sounds like yours has a bit more info (honestly, I think we put ours together two months ago and never went back to update it). 

If you're cool with that, you can either PM me or drop it in the suggestion box on the wiki.

Visit the FOOM Wiki!  Submit changes or requests via the suggestion box, or PM me.

I put very little into it really. It fit into the motd so it was pretty short.  I wouldn't mind adding to your wiki page and simply making a thread linking to it.  I think the direct comparison to concepts they are already familiar with is the best way to acclimate a former eve player.

->You just lost The Game<-

and another

13 (edited by Unionjack 2011-06-26 06:29:22)

think we averaged about 230 ppl in the eve channel all day/night
many have subbed (including myself)
enjoyed the game so far and like the fact the help channels have dev/gm's in attendance.

btw the majority are here because of the open sandbox of the game which we're used to.
oh and killing stuff big_smile

Just created an account here and trying this out.  I think, as word spreads, this game will see a bit more action from migrating EVE players looking for a new home.

I know of over 20 accounts canceled by "vets" who posted screenshots of a bug with mission cancel button for their EVE accounts...  They were ticked when some accounts couldn't be cancled but others could so posted screenies of the bug.  Just personal observations and this game was mentioned with 'downloading it now' a few hours ago, so...

I haven't gone that far (canceled) yet but I am looking and I don't move games often nor easily.  I've played EVE going on 2 years now, I've no clue if that's a "vet" or what not.  I do know it's not a n00b by quite a ways.

An EVE channel sounds handy.  It's going to take a bit to learn the new "language" of this game.

Q: EVE took a bit of reading to get up to speed on it:  Will this one take as much?  If so - what resources are there about it?

Thanks.

Looks like it has potential, just started the tutorial but having been a longtime player of mechwarrior games I could get used to this big_smile another bittervet here

Liking it so far - like eve, worse graphics, better music, same playstyle, quirky design, cute robots... Yeah, 'tis good.

Oh, and the /winamp command is pure win. big_smile

Riley Tempscire wrote:

Liking it so far - like eve, worse graphics, better music, same playstyle, quirky design, cute robots... Yeah, 'tis good.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3139/helloictus.jpg
Now thats cute robots.

+1 bittervet here.

Graphics remind me of EVE back in the pre-trinity days (you know, when the CCP devs loved us). 
Upsides: Game has a lot of potential, devs apparently love the players (we had a couple in chat last night)

downsides: no monocles.:rolleyes:

Actually - would like to retract the worse graphics part, turned the settings up a bit and they're better than I first thought. (Can't find an edit post button?)

Fellow capsuleer, started the game yesterday !

Here are my firsts thoughts about it :
Great gameplay (very eve-like, that helps)
Cool mechs
Graphics are not good imho (i talk more about the level design than the video engine)
Once you finished the tutos, there is only 3 different missions (very easy btw).

So, i think i would be no help in pvp and i find it hard to earn money with missions, considering the ammo cost. So, what do i do ? Entering a corp or wait a few weeks ?

Anyway, i think i will give it at least a month try, see where things go.

@tag you only have 3 missions until you gain enough rep to open lvl 1's (.21 rep opens) each Corp has 3-6 lvl 1 missions. At rep 1.01 you will open the lvl 2's at the outposts, and your over all rep with the conglamrate effects your indy stats.(recycling refining factory ect...) I would suggest picking one of the 3 Alpha islands as a "home" and grinding rep on them until you open a few missions up.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Eve players looking for a new home. o/
And my alliance may follow tongue

Eve player for 7 years here, used to triple account, loving the potential of this game so far smile

New Eden exile here.
Looks like this is worth a try