Re: ex eve players

Khadia Khan wrote:

@tag you only have 3 missions until you gain enough rep to open lvl 1's (.21 rep opens) each Corp has 3-6 lvl 1 missions. At rep 1.01 you will open the lvl 2's at the outposts, and your over all rep with the conglamrate effects your indy stats.(recycling refining factory ect...) I would suggest picking one of the 3 Alpha islands as a "home" and grinding rep on them until you open a few missions up.

Thanks a lot for the answer ! I now understand why i found no mission 1+ in any of the 4-5 stations i visited.

And another!

EVE Veteran here might be interested in joining an ex EVE player corp smile

NeX  (No really, term unrelated! smile  "New Eden Exiles") is one of the 'solely' ex-EVE corps that has formed up.

Benefits: You get to run around with a bunch of people who barely know what they're doing, just like you! yarr

Defecits:  You get to run around with a punch of people who barely know what they're doing, just like you.  tongue

For those who haven't been able to catch it in the flood of chat in the General or Help! channel, there is an Eve channel.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

+ 1

(I came to eve when SWG was failcascading... time to do the same thing again with Perpetuum)

Another EVE player here biting the Incarna dust and checking here for pastures new.

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

2004 EVE Vet checking in

Still learning, but I like it so far.  I'm more curious about the dev/playerbase relationship atm.  I dont want to give my loyalty to a game & company for 3 years, only to be screwed right up the rear for it.

>.>.... If ya know what I mean.

big_smile

Ummm....

Micro-transactions already?

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/

Paintjobs.
grrr.

Sciencegeek123 wrote:

Ummm....

Paintjobs.
grrr.

Well, as I read it, you could get paint jobs without paying for them.  The thing you pay for is having the paint job permanently attached to your bot, instead of having to carry around those paint pieces on the bot until it dies.  So, if you died you lost those colors, but if a player who used a token on his bot dies, he still has those colors to use another token on his next bot to color it.

->You just lost The Game<-

Another ex-capsuleer here.

I really like the dumb portraits, makes me feel good that the focus is on internet robots and not spacebarbie...

Neoxx wrote:
Sciencegeek123 wrote:

Ummm....

Paintjobs.
grrr.

Well, as I read it, you could get paint jobs without paying for them.  The thing you pay for is having the paint job permanently attached to your bot, instead of having to carry around those paint pieces on the bot until it dies.  So, if you died you lost those colors, but if a player who used a token on his bot dies, he still has those colors to use another token on his next bot to color it.

Hmmmm I think you're right.  This makes me feel slightly  better and I might stick around for a while.

+0.5...

I was about to re-sub eve after incarna. For very obvious reasons I did not.

But I do like this game so far. It is still in an early phase, and you can see it. But it seems to be good, and any eveian will find his/herself recognizing alot of stuff. Skills for example are very comparable, sometimes even have the same names :-)

So all in all looking good.

I think the influx of new players is great!

I noticed something was up last night while heading back to ICS-Alpha station to get some missiles. I was like, damn...that's a lot of players on my overview. I didn't think much of it at the time, since I've been living in an outpost so long and never see anybody. But now it all makes sense! lol

But I say welcome new players! I'm an EVE player too. I think you will feel right at home here.

Don't go away mad, just go away... and come over to Perp smile

I suspect that MT is just a trigger for a very large number of players that were already bored with Eve and looking for something new and different; which is as valid as any other reason to look elsewhere.

By far, Perp's community is great. We may have some growing pains accomodating all of you right away, but for those really looking to get involved with existing corps, we'll put in the effort!

For corps coming over from Eve intact, Welcome! Your in for some great learning experiences and this game highly rewards team play, so if your organized you'll do fantasticly; after the learning curve smile

I started playing this game yesterday...and i like it smile And so I subbed yesterday after i killed some robots, and some hours later i even found the test target from the tutorial...hehe

One question: Is there any direction arrow for the map available? Im totally lost most of the time smile

Aah...almost forgot: Playing EVE since 2006

Gnumpf wrote:

One question: Is there any direction arrow for the map available? Im totally lost most of the time

Not directly as far as I know of. Best way might be to align North on the radar, and then you know that you're currently facing North on the map.

Also an Eve vet here since 2004, stopped playing couple of months ago and turned back to check out the new expansion and boy was I dissapointed how things turned out. Also pleasantly suprised by this game and I welcome the change of style, will be subscribing by the end of the week.

o7

Hello fellow pod pilots. Formerly known as Harrigan Vonstudly of PHEW joining the roboting masses.

Mech safely o/

Hey played eve off and on since 2006 stalking in to see this game. I actually like giving a game like this a chance. at this stage a chance the community is so much fun normally. cool

Also

ARE YOU GOING TO INTRODUCE NO VANITY ITEMS FOR MT yarr

2004 EVE vet.... Using the same name. Well after 7 years, it became my name big_smile

Have downloaded the game, created my char, but have not been able to play. Lost 3 day's of the trial. But hey, just waiting when I can log in to see the game for myself.

Any change I can get Quafe?

Erhhmm, strange, 2 last posters including me, have same style tattoo lol

i think us eve exiles have caught them by surprise the server has had a bit of shock lol devs seem to be on to it though

who can predict a company fail cascade? roll
I guess the devs here should send thank you to the eve PR department for making the increase in subs and trails. lol

Eve Sucks...Perpetuum is the new Home!:D