Re: Beacon Pit Exploit

I dunno why you guys are so mad about this change considering beacon farming is barely profitable apparently... :iiam:

Hunter wrote:

Jasdemi and others, who can't perform anything serious in the game. Everyone who envy to others. You are ridiculous and pathetic.
Also DeVs, who follow such whining... You going to show your incompetence in the game design and adjustment one more time...

...i knew about consequences of my topic. Actually i forced new ppl leaving. You really not deserved to have it all.

P.S. After beacon nerf i'll show you one more thing to force next ppl leaving.

P.S.P.S. Sorry guys. This game will die anyway.

:puppetmaster:

53 (edited by Burial 2013-03-10 13:45:28)

I love reading peoples comments about how broken beacons are who really have no experience in the matter..

Dev's listen to the people who actually farm tokens, pop beacons and who know the mechanics in and out. I know very well the system is unbalanced right now but not allowing people to pop more than 1 beacon on an area is not the right place for a fix.

Burial wrote:

I love reading peoples comments about how broken beacons are who really have no experience in the matter..

Dev's listen to the people who actually farm tokens, pop beacons and who know the mechanics in and out. I know very well the system is unbalanced right now but not allowing people to pop more than 1 beacon on an area is not the right place for a fix.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

55 (edited by Syndic 2013-03-10 17:30:46)

Beacon farming is very profitable, but it's hardly the instant-cash-cow peeps percieve it as. It takes time to grind the tokens, haul them to alpha, buy beacons, haul them to gamma, blow them up, loot them all (this is imo the biggest damn problem).

The other route, which is (buying tokens) takes the initial investment, buy beacons on alpha, haul them to gamma, blow them up, loot them all.

All of it takes time and player investment.

The OP part of the equation is the spammable missions with out-of-proportion token rewards in the 30's and 40's for lol-missions (scan liq, scan titan, scan HDT, mine 10k ore, etc), and that OP part is going to be solved anyway when the all-knowing Hungryans roll out the new mission system somewhere next February or whenever.

Which brings me to my original conclusion: Dev see X sell 2M plasma, Dev see Y sell 6M plasma, Dev get ticket about beacon, ZOMFG NERFHAMMER KNEEJERK WHY ISNT LUPUS PLAYING ANYMORE TO WARN ME OF THIS.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with popping multiple beacons. Just like when there was nothing wrong when you could get them from Artifacting like candy, we used to pop 15-20 at a time on the legs of Danarchov through many afternoons.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

56 (edited by Dazamin 2013-03-10 19:46:22)

Burial wrote:

Do you not see the problem with this line of reasoning?

How about the devs choose the solution that causes the most tears from farmers, since that is obviously the solution that will have the most effect?

57 (edited by Syndic 2013-03-10 19:57:07)

Sure, remove terraforming from the game and reset all the islands so there's no blocked terrain left to use for beacon popping. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

58 (edited by Burial 2013-03-10 20:09:21)

Dazamin wrote:
Burial wrote:

How about the devs choose the solution that causes the most tears from farmers, since that is obviously the solution that will have the most effect?

I don't care at all about profitability here but the good for the game. I don't do beacons very often because I find that I'm able turn in most profit just by purely farming tokens and selling them..

Do you know how many tokens and NIC I can farm in about 6minutes game time per account? Tokens are in 3 figures and NIC is in 7.

Burial wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Burial wrote:

I don't care at all about profitability here but the good for the game. I don't do beacons very often because I find that I'm able turn in most profit just by purely farming tokens and selling them..

Do you know how many tokens and NIC I can farm in about 6minutes game time per account? Tokens are in 3 figures and NIC is in 7.

But that's an argument to rebalance missions (which I understand is in progress). The beacon issue as I understand it is slightly different. The devs made assumptions that people would run beacons one at a time, this proved to be incorrect. Their view is that running multiple beacons at one increases NIC/hr and reduces risk (by reducing the amount of time you need to be active on an Island to run x number of beacons) to levels they did not intend, therefore they are making a change to correct that.

Dazz, normally I dont correct anyone not named Ville when they say something stupid.

But I have to here. Do you have any idea how long people have been running multiple beacons?
At least as long as they have been in the game. At least a year, probably a year and and a half minimum.
Do you know how many times Devs have watched people running them? I guarantee you its been more than once and not just recently.

Why do you think the Devs made the rule restricting beacon placement only on Alpha, but not Beta or Gamma.... And also for about as long as there have been beacons.

So please, the Devs have been well aware of how people have been doing beacons and for how long. In no way shape or form have they ever intended beacons to only be run one at a time.

The sole issue with beacons now is terraforming is too great of an advantage to running them. As already mentioned their availabilty also contributes to the problem.  Don't kid yourself otherwise.

61 (edited by Burial 2013-03-10 21:30:57)

Running multiple beacons is probably 1) the only PVE thing people can do on gamma 2) the only group PVE thing people in hmechs can do outside alpha(why not allowing it on alpha?). I don't understand why balancing assignments (and syndicate store!) isn't enough to close the issue, the only reason people are running beacons so much in recent times is because it's so easy to get both tokens and beacons.

Devs, if you add this restriction then you are going to remove a fun gameplay element from the game. What do you gain?

Cassius wrote:

Why do you think the Devs made the rule restricting beacon placement only on Alpha, but not Beta or Gamma.... And also for about as long as there have been beacons.

Luckily I don't have to think, because I already know why the rule was only implemented in Alpha, and it has nothing to do with how many beacons people run at one time, it was to stop griefing on Alpha using beacons.

Cassius wrote:

The sole issue with beacons now is terraforming is too great of an advantage to running them. As already mentioned their availabilty also contributes to the problem.  Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Again, I don't need to guess at the problem, because the devs have stated what it is, running multiple beacons is earning NIC out of proportion with what they originally intended, so it is being adjusted. Theres no mystery here and people trying to make it about something else changes nothing.

Burial wrote:

Running multiple beacons is probably 1) the only PVE thing people can do on gamma 2) the only group PVE thing people in hmechs can do outside alpha(why not allowing it on alpha?). I don't understand why balancing assignments (and syndicate store!) isn't enough to close the issue, the only reason people are running beacons so much in recent times is because it's so easy to get both tokens and beacons.

Devs, if you add this restriction then you are going to remove a fun gameplay element from the game. What do you gain?

Because (I assume) they don't want to impact the earnings made by guys who currently run a few beacons one at a time (which any global change would affect) However they do want to reduce the earnings of those farming multiple beacons on Gamma.

Dazamin wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Luckily I don't have to think, because I already know why the rule was only implemented in Alpha, and it has nothing to do with how many beacons people run at one time, it was to stop griefing on Alpha using beacons.

Thank you I understand why the restriction is on Alpha. can you please tell me why it was not implemented on Beta and Gamma?

Dazamin wrote:

....  However they do want to reduce the earnings of those farming multiple beacons on Gamma.

Agreed, but then why nerf it on Beta?

65 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-11 01:56:02)

It should be noted: DeVs obviously not interested to fix multiple account using, but they interested to decrease its efficiency. We must pay 3-4 accounts to be able play. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Cassius wrote:
Dazamin wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Thank you I understand why the restriction is on Alpha. can you please tell me why it was not implemented on Beta and Gamma?

Because the issue of 'beacon griefing' is completely irrelevant to Beta / Gamma. What it has nothing to do with is running multiple beacons. What you seem to be implying is that it was deliberately not implemented on Beta / Gamma to allow people to run multiple beacons. I see no evidence for this, especially as it seems that it will be implemented now to specifically prevent that behaviour.

Dazamin wrote:
Cassius wrote:

....  However they do want to reduce the earnings of those farming multiple beacons on Gamma.

Agreed, but then why nerf it on Beta?

I assume the thinking is that people will build walls on Beta and do the same thing, but I don't know the answer to this question.

What I am trying to point out is that there is a perfectly simple reason for this change. You may or may not agree with the change, but you cannot discuss this without understanding what the change is meant to achieve.

Dazamin wrote:

Stuff

I really don't think the people who don't actually use it should have a say in how it should work.  Just Saying, and To any Developers still reading this, honestly the Missions are the broken feature.  Beacons are fine, worry about other *** more important like why my Kain doesn't have a *** Hello Kitty Color scheme I can buy in your Shop.

68 (edited by Dazamin 2013-03-11 05:08:53)

Ville wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Stuff

I really don't think the people who don't actually use it should have a say in how it should work.  Just Saying, and To any Developers still reading this, honestly the Missions are the broken feature.  Beacons are fine, worry about other *** more important like why my Kain doesn't have a *** Hello Kitty Color scheme I can buy in your Shop.

Ville has spoken, beacons are fine, glad that was sorted... And yes I too think only those who farm multiple beacons at a time should have a say in whether farming multiple beacons is a good thing or not. Just wondering, were you dropped on your head as a child?

so doing 50 beacons in ~60 sec is fine?

See Example A

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … challenge/

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

71 (edited by Burial 2013-03-11 11:06:11)

Dazamin wrote:
Burial wrote:

Because (I assume) they don't want to impact the earnings made by guys who currently run a few beacons one at a time (which any global change would affect) However they do want to reduce the earnings of those farming multiple beacons on Gamma.

These guys are vast minority. They need to think if they want to help these guys(who actually have other content too) or if they want to help older players, who have nothing else decent on gamma.

72 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-11 07:11:20)

All Knowing Eye wrote:

so doing 50 beacons in ~60 sec is fine?

Actually yes. I said this as CEO of gamma PvP corp and hi-end prototyper. Also i play about 3 years since CBT.

But who you are?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

73 (edited by All Knowing Eye 2013-03-11 10:25:42)

So just beacause u failed u dont think its possible, when Zoom said it is?

And my question isnt about if its doable, but if its ok.

74 (edited by Ville 2013-03-11 11:06:40)

All Knowing Eye wrote:

So just beacause u failed u dont think its possible, when Zoom said it is?

And my question isnt about if its doable, but if its ok.

Your looking at this from a "Beacon -> zomg pwnage (make lots of Nic perspective)"

When we are looking at this from "Get Tokens -> make tokens safe -> buy beacons -> Get beacons to gamma station -> pop beacons."

Some of the best fun I've had in game was chaining 4 to 5 beacons at once and watching the pretty pixels explode.  Hell let's start making it even tougher for players to have to farm more endless hours for things, let's revamp production randomly and had *** 19 commodities to make a *** YAGEL!  There is not a problem with players finding an efficient way to make a decent PVE living on Gamma.  Because what stops you from being attacked while your doing it?  Nothing.  What stops you from mass DCing and you losing a *** ton of beacons?  Nothing..  Honestly in Merkles video I seen a mass disconnect and probably lost 20 to 30 beacons in there + the *** quality of the fraps make me sad face.

Ville wrote:

Some of the best fun I've had in game was chaining 4 to 5 beacons at once and watching the pretty pixels explode.

and i thought the best moment was the chain reaction of STC/NEBs/M2S and pets exploding on the Novaya Defense line.

Ville wrote:

+ the *** quality of the fraps make me sad face.

are you jealous because he frapsed it with 1080p HD?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear