1 (edited by Hunter 2013-03-04 02:18:27)

Topic: Distress beacons.

I have to ask about this feature: Please implement refresh the timers of distress beacons after each new wave spawn. Sometime we kill the NPCs by AOE of another NPCs so timers don't refresh and beacon disappears...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Distress beacons.

Or make it about 2 min....I have no idea why they are so short.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

ive lost so many beacons to despawn for 1 reason or another .. really annoying sad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

4 (edited by Kokomut 2013-03-04 03:20:55)

Although it is a pain in the ***, Consider the economic and performance impact on it though.

Right that's one of the only reason people are not doing more than 5-6 at a time. If it is removed and a person can go through a few dozen beacons every couple minutes then... you know what will happen.

Plus, Server might even die with a groups doing it tongue

laziest person in Russia award goes to ....

Hunter wrote:

I have to ask about this feature: Please implement refresh the timers of distress beacons after each new wave spawn. Sometime we kill the NPCs by AOE of another NPCs so timers don't refresh and beacon disappears...

Maybe consider doing only one beacon a time, and have no wave killed by aoe of another beacon.
If doing several beacons at once, you should accept that sometimes you loose.

7 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-03-04 10:16:54)

there are ways around it... at least if you have enough different kinds of beacons and at least a few ppl doing it.

if you use all three colors, or even all 4 (with industry) and use 2 beacons of each color at max, and have 1 person per color at least, then you should be able to keep the despawns close to zero. as long as you tag the npcs groups before going to mass slaughter...

8 (edited by Dazamin 2013-03-04 13:26:28)

Another well implemented Perpetuum feature...

But in all seriousness its a pretty bad idea, theres more than enough no risk farming in the game already, so that probably means the devs will implement it next week wink

Actually they should increase speed of blastwave - it's far too slow and can cascade blow 2-3 waves

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Ewar renews timers, Just saying. A range fit Vaga can keep 4-8 beacons from despawning.

11 (edited by Annihilator 2013-03-05 00:21:43)

Cassius wrote:

Ewar renews timers, Just saying. A range fit Vaga can keep 4-8 beacons from despawning.

i just guess they are putting up far more beacons at once with minimal crew. the more you put in there, the less you have to kill due to AoE. and if things explode faster then you can lock them, even your vaga would not help there.

though... the DEV answer could be:

"those beacons have never been intended to be farmable more then one at once, so no change regarding hunters request necessary. Next patch will make beacons not placeable closer then 100m from each other
- topic closed -" DEV LastManStanding

The player reaction afterwards would be not benefical, so it wont happen.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Wow Anni, you still have the batphone? big_smile

That's what the next patch will do actually, extend the 500m single deploy radius rule to all islands. I'm not sure why we only had this rule on Alpha islands so far.

You need to remove explosion damage of one rat vs another otherwise you will always get popcorn ratting.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

You need to remove explosion damage of one rat vs another otherwise you will always get popcorn ratting.

That's fine, it's one of the advantages of beta/gamma. The problem is only when it's excessive.

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's what the next patch will do actually, extend the 500m single deploy radius rule to all islands. I'm not sure why we only had this rule on Alpha islands so far.

Im at work but im sure the market price of tokens just dropped lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Kokomut wrote:

Right that's one of the only reason people are not doing more than 5-6 at a time.

If you are only doing 5-6 beacons at one time you are way ("waaaay") behind the curve.  You really need to look at your process otherwise how the heck are you supposed to process the thousands of tokens in any given day?

big_smile

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Kokomut wrote:

Right that's one of the only reason people are not doing more than 5-6 at a time.

If you are only doing 5-6 beacons at one time you are way ("waaaay") behind the curve.  You really need to look at your process otherwise how the heck are you supposed to process the thousands of tokens in any given day?

big_smile

I'm not that smart, taking suggestions smile

18 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-03-04 20:39:06)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Zoom that's only on teleport beacons, not distress beacons.

There has never been a minimum radius range to deploy distress beacon from each other even on Alpha....

Use to do these with Morte near Tellesis Terminal for an example back in March of 2012, also did this a number of times on new Virgina near Cardavria outpost and Hershfield as well.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2012-02-14

Changelog:2012-02-14 wrote:

Change: Multiple distress beacons cannot be deployed within 500m of each other anymore on alpha islands (beta islands are unaffected by this rule).

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah now I remember, I think we implemented that rule against griefing newbies by beacon-bombing them smile
(and it does work, tested it)

21 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-03-04 20:57:34)

I think it's a dumb change, and you will hurt your community if you do it. There is no reason to make this change other then to piss people off, if that is what your goal is you will succeed.

Not a balance issue because everyone can do them now, if it's a NIC thing then look into that.

Reason I am saying this is people use beacons for research, recyclables fragments etc.. not just for plasma.

Basically find a better way.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

22 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-03-04 20:57:52)

Annihilator wrote:

"those beacons have never been intended to be farmable more then one at once, so no change regarding hunters request necessary. Next patch will make beacons no placeable closer then 100m from each other
- topic closed -" DEV LastManStanding

The player reaction afterwards would be not benefical, so it wont happen.

OH SNAP!!!  TURN AND BURN GENTS!!!!

Unless this is causing a major stress on the server i cannot understand the reason this would be done. as my corp mate stated the balance issue is not there anyone can do this and the list of people that do this is to long to list. please Dev Zoom if there is a reason other than balance to make this change what is it ?

24 (edited by Celebro 2013-03-04 21:11:28)

My guess is this is too overpowered and the intention for beacon farming was not to use AOE damage to farm for YOU to such an extent.

RIP PERPETUUM

Perfect Timing.  cool

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13