Re: Distress beacons.

Oh but I thought the reason would be obvious: popping ~50 beacons in a minute using explosion damage chaining is simply a method that was never intended for beacon farming. The income over time is much more than what would be normally possible. How else would you balance this without hurting single beacons?

see thats where its B.S no offense. what does it matter how many i do at once, i personally can only do 3 at one time unless i have help and it takes me about 10 mins to do all 3. so why does it matter if i do 3 in 10 mins or 3 in 15-20 mins. this method has been around for a while anyone with beta/gamma can use it so why is this overpowered?

It's a decent fix to the issue. Good timing indeed. lol

even with 2 individual people average beacons at once is 5 nothing close to what you may have heard or been told

General Skystrider: because the game revolves around income over time coupled with risk. If you have a high-income no-time low-risk method of doing something, then there is something wrong. No BS.

I don't see much of a problem with this. When is the next patch expected?

Wont' putting too many beacons down at one time cause the explosion damage to occasionlly blowup the loot containers?

okay i understand the economic impact that doing 50 in a low ammount of time can make but 3-5? the missions are changing that alone will hit the beacon farming hard if not eliminate it. so coupled with this change the impact is going to hit kernal prices and mineral prices quite hard. as a final question: this change is rolling out with the next patch is that the research patch or a hotfix inbetween?

The risk is in actually farming the tokens though.

Arga wrote:

Wont' putting too many beacons down at one time cause the explosion damage to occasionlly blowup the loot containers?

loot containers dont blow up

RIP PERPETUUM

Arga wrote:

No, loot containers have been invulnerable for a while now, for exactly this reason. (Not beacons, but simply farming NPCs over the same area.)

this will just slow tech progression for corps who haven't finished yet...

its not about NIC ... you can make equivalent amounts of NIC doing other things in the game such as missions. 

i dont agree with this change but i don't see it effecting the game in a largely negative way. Its more of a semi solution to buying better hardware for the game to run on.
^^

ide rather have a smoothly running game than be able to kill 20 beacons in 4 minutes. Imagine new influx of players all on gamma pop killing hundreds if not thousands of beacons all at once ... want to hear a server cry?

we need server optimization but it needs to be done carefully and doesn't have to come at the cost of game play options.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

General Skystrider wrote:

okay i understand the economic impact that doing 50 in a low ammount of time can make but 3-5? the missions are changing that alone will hit the beacon farming hard if not eliminate it. so coupled with this change the impact is going to hit kernal prices and mineral prices quite hard.

I'm sure it will have an impact, but who is to say that prices are not skewed right now due to this?

as a final question: this change is rolling out with the next patch is that the research patch or a hotfix inbetween?

It will be a hotfix soon.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:

No, loot containers have been invulnerable for a while now, for exactly this reason. (Not beacons, but simply farming NPCs over the same area.)

Yep. Back in the day, that is what stopped us from doing a large number at a time, so I can see how it could now be getting out of hand. Well, that and having to activate them all around the same time. Probably some scripting going on with arkhes in order to start 20 beacons that need 2-3 bots clicking on it at the same time.

dont forget to hotfix token reward for still unnerfed beta transport missions...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

41 (edited by Annihilator 2013-03-04 21:35:30)

*double post*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

oh the prices are skewed there is no doubt about that, they are cheaper and with this things will get more expensive.

I fully support a fix (MUCH sooner than later).

I have seen first hand (and participated in) the very broken, "beacon Manhattan project".

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

there goes the whole incentive to play on beta o.-

Yea I expect some bans to come out of this...this is such a terrible thing, OH the humanity!

fuuu

Someonehastogetthatideaoutofthewaybettersoonerratherthenlater

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh but I thought the reason would be obvious: popping ~50 beacons in a minute using explosion damage chaining is simply a method that was never intended for beacon farming. The income over time is much more than what would be normally possible. How else would you balance this without hurting single beacons?

I think that's a bit over exaggerated, no one is doing 50 beacons at a time to much crazy lag. It's more like 4 or 5 at a time, but hey what do I know since I play this game.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Arga wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Arga wrote:

Yep. Back in the day, that is what stopped us from doing a large number at a time, so I can see how it could now be getting out of hand. Well, that and having to activate them all around the same time. Probably some scripting going on with arkhes in order to start 20 beacons that need 2-3 bots clicking on it at the same time.

Yet again that completely overboard....no one is doing more then 4 or 5 at a time.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

48 (edited by Inda 2013-03-04 22:07:24)

Here is 2 things:
-beta missioning what is actually has the old type of doing that

-beacon farming many at a same time

I just come BACK for doing the 1st because my REAL LIFE dont handle more time where I can make enough NIC.

WE should solve this problems but what Zoom said I am not happy with. So LET people do more money at Beta and Gamma than alfa like NOW and people go out to fight for BETA.

Dont nerf just like intended, the palyerbase will react: LEAVE the GAME.

Thats all...

SO find another solution with compromissum both side can aply.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

49 (edited by Merkle 2013-03-04 22:09:13)

Also another thing, if your going to nerf this so hard, please reimburse all the TF charges that are wasted on the Bacon bits, this could number in the billions of nic as some of us got a bit carried away with really fancy pants boxes.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and right after you reimburse them, I would suggest you ban them for doing such a terrible thing.
yikes

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

So now I have to grind people off of a beta island, so I can grind missions to get tokens, so I can grind beacons even worse than they are now, SO i can grind mining and harvesting. So I can hopefully have what I need to produce mods and bots for the already disappearing pvp.... Crap. Just crap... My 2 cents...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2