76 (edited by Syndic 2013-03-05 16:30:18)

Re: Distress beacons.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Syndic wrote:

The "result" isn't really an issue, beacon & mission farming should have been fixed a long long time ago.

The "means" is a big issue, 1 guy got on skype and batphoned devs to change the game.

It doesn't matter if the result is good so it makes it alright, tomorrow that 1 guy can just as easily change something else in the same way for the worse. When Styx was telling Devs what to do, they could very well cultivate an "all knowing Dev" image; nowadays not so much. Same old habits, same old problems, same self-entitled *** that are above the rest of us when it comes to their feedback.

You know I could have simply moderated this for baseless accusations, just like the ones you report about yourself. I'm telling you this now so you know why the next one will be moderated.

The truth is, it was enough to simply read this topic to see that a change was necessary. When the number of wrecks already means a problem, you know there is something wrong.

*edit: Accusations. - DEV Zoom

The change was necessary, yes. It was necessary two weeks after you introduced the beacons when I explicitely told you guys how much money and free production comes from them. It was even more necessary when you introduced the Syndicate store and the ability to buy beacons from there, I told one of you guys in IRC then too. Working as intended.

I've mentioned before that wiping for steam is the best solution. These refugees from 5-6 dead corps figured it out a month before this nerf, the rest of us has been running those missions and keeping quiet about it for a very long time after the original "working as intended". The guys that come in with steam... they wont have the luxury of even running it for a month.

To be honest, wipe & relaunch. Do the newbies a favor, it'll be more challenging for the rest of us too.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Yes, wipe everything. smile

While we're in the mood for fixing things, I could write you a nice list smile

Lemon wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

The truth is, it was enough to simply read this topic to see that a change was necessary. When the number of wrecks already means a problem, you know there is something wrong.

This is a joke... CIR used to farm level 3 Mech beacons on Beta by the 7's without this level of lag. During this time we had upwards of 20+ of our own bots on the field. Now i am farming 7 with 7 and lagging to the point other zoned islands begin to lag.

Wrecks used to not be a problem.........

Lemon I suspect this has ALOT to do with all the terraforming and structures on Gamma itself .... Those plus the AoE and wrecks and containers dont seem to mix well. You get even worse performance the closer you run the beacons to your main set of Gamma Structures.

And Syndic you are suggesting wiping everything and starting fresh ... Everyone as noob again?
I am just curious .... It's suggested you were given ICE to play, meaning youre not actually paying to play. Do you think its correct for someone in this situation to suggest something that completely alters the game for everyone that does play and has invested any length of time in the game? Sure I know your history and how much you've PLAYED ... but do you actually intend to stick around this time until at least the Steam relaunch or are you just dipping your toe in the water for a month or 2?

With the time players have invested into the game and terraforming and such, if they ever relaunched the game (ie for Steam, for optimization, whatever) maybe wipe with allowing credit for current ep levels, and investments into Gamma ...  A complete wipe with no credits is a giant *** you to players who have put alot of time into this game.

Not a troll btw, just curious if your motive for this suggestion is legitimate.
And yes it's the internet, I am quite aware you can post whatever and wherever, and its none of my business. It's not up to me to clarify whatever your reasons are, are legit. I am simply curious.

Wipe ? mmh , no thanks , i already got it once. fuuu

Lemon wrote:

This is a joke... CIR used to farm level 3 Mech beacons on Beta by the 7's without this level of lag. During this time we had upwards of 20+ of our own bots on the field. Now i am farming 7 with 7 and lagging to the point other zoned islands begin to lag.

Wrecks used to not be a problem.........

You are not lagging because you are running 7 commandos with 7 accounts.  You are lagging because everyone and his brother is doing beacons RIGHT NOW because of the soon-to-be-nerf.

We have been running beacons for the past several weeks and the lag has started since the very recent announcement of the hot-fix.

I had more than the normal lag yesterday (all night) due to the several thousand beacons that were very likely being run all over gamma.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

82 (edited by Merkle 2013-03-05 17:53:11)

Beacongate...it has begun.

Someone decided not to play for a year...now wishing he could go back.

fuuu

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

83 (edited by Inda 2013-03-05 18:06:55)

We need real SOLUTIONS guys, this time.
I understand you DEVs this right now is not good so need to do something, but dont do it wrong.

So what we will got after nerf (what i wouldn t like):

1. Beta will be empty beacuse you wont go there for anything (now you go there for token grind).
2. Gamma will be more empty than now (Gamma dont need to be more empty)

MY idea:

1. Beta need rewarded missions (like 800 k NIC + 40-50 tokens for at once and you can do it within 20-30 min.). But need longer time than now.
2. Gamma should have something to do there. So replace the beacon pop to NPC spawn buildings. So the players can build NPC towers and can set what is come to or just do the same what beacons do. But not this much what we got right now, but not nerf to 0%, nerf it to just 50 % (or 30%) of income NIC. You need to buy the NPC spawns like beacons. With tokens or NIC. Players need to better income of NIC at Gamma becasue of risk/reward.

(This is not just whining, I CAME back to play beacuse of this good NIC, I tried to help to the community by New Baranya and such, I wont be there if all will be nerf. That will happen with lots ot people. I dont need too much money but I would like to some more. More money ingame, will generate more content more PVP.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

See Zoom even your own child doesn't want the nerf bat.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

85 (edited by Jita 2013-03-05 18:16:15)

The problem zoom is that people will always find these things in the mechanics. You need to have a tool that shows how much of everything is in game and the rate of growth and decline that can be filtered down in to corp and agent level. Only then will you see what is pissing vast amounts of anything into the game.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

*** of how this is balanced the devs need to realize it needs to be rewarding for a player to run and that people with multiple accounts will use them if able to maximize nic/hr. If they choose to prevent that scalable abuse is up to them, but they can always balance mission for mass use thst alone are less valuable but say dont contain a random element to prevent spam.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Is it time for the Perpetuum equivalent of something like the CSM?

Preferably something less self interested than the CSM and more a useful consultation to the DEVs from a few people who play day in, day out.

88 (edited by Dazamin 2013-03-05 18:40:25)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Is it time for the Perpetuum equivalent of something like the CSM?

Preferably something less self interested than the CSM and more a useful consultation to the DEVs from a few people who play day in, day out.

Making it non self interested is pretty hard. As with Eve, the most effective way to be elected would be through membership of a powerblock, a powerblock which voted for you to represent its interests. As we saw with the last player / dev conference, self interest, whether intentional or not, is hard to avoid.

Also remember the original reason for the creation of the CSM was a response to the T20 'scandal'. It was not created as an opportunity for a few players to play Junior Game Designer.

If it is just a member or two, yes, everything would be or would look biased but if the devs actually got together 5-6 people from all over the powerblocks who know game mechanics deeply and would ask them where the problems are, I think it could turn out very well.

They had this early on but it became a skype thing and wasn't broadcasted. I think it should happen and have the transcript published on the blog page.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The problem is that you are still thinking in "powerblocks". Who will stand up for everyone else who are not part of any beta/gamma powerblock and are just simple players?

92 (edited by Merkle 2013-03-05 19:23:50)

Nerf it, you have my full support.

A CSM is a bad idea, Dev's are doing a good job as it is.

Anni hit the nail on the head with this one.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Nerf it I've already made billions, you have my full support.

Fyp

And now ICE prices get ready to rise and rise........

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Nerf not needed tbh.  It's a cool feature and makes it worth living on gamma.

96 (edited by Merkle 2013-03-05 20:04:02)

Wait...I thought it was a exploit?

Ville wrote:

Nerf not needed tbh.  I have not made my billions yet, please don't nerf it.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Gremrod wrote:

Jesus you people suck at economics. Ice prices will fall.

What's exploitable about it?  Oh your nic per hour is insane.  You know what's insane ?  Spending enough nic to secure a gamma to put a beacon farming pit in.  Then get back to me on that topic.

Oh that quotes going to be used....alot from now on.  big_smile

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Jesus you people suck at economics. Ice prices will fall.

QFT, although prices can still rise if players don't keep buying ICE with $$.

RIP PERPETUUM