Re: Beacon Pit Exploit

Ville wrote:

I'm just going to say this once but if you can't take responsibility of your comments from your main character because your a coward then that's on you.  But I'm not going to talk to a forum alt by a player who can't man up and take responsibility for their actions.

Heh, but somethings I'll give you credit for...

+1

The best part of this thread...

Dev's listened to the feedback objectively and made an adjustment BEFORE implementing it.

o7

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

I'm just going to say this once but if you can't take responsibility of your comments from your main character because your a coward then that's on you.  But I'm not going to talk to a forum alt by a player who can't man up and take responsibility for their actions.

Heh, but somethings I'll give you credit for...

+1

Your still Mouse Slayer.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 beacon rule is fair to everyone. I would explore the possibility of making it a 4 beacon rule once the mission revamp kicks in and the OP missions are gone.

Gamma and the involved risk & reward still requires a lot of balancing work.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Maybe in a free 2 play model, premium accounts can do 4 beacons and free is limited to 3

Syndic wrote:

3 beacon rule is fair to everyone. I would explore the possibility of making it a 4 beacon rule once the mission revamp kicks in and the OP missions are gone.

extreme is the only way to get things fixed around here

Cassius wrote:

Yo Mouse, I know how to run 50 beacons. Thats not the point. You could also say everyone should multibox 9 accounts for the $$$$$$$$$$ also ... But not everyone has the hardware to do this.  I got the 50 beacons, arhkes, bombs, I get it.  But hey, in the end Zoom is doing something that is needed. When mechanics work and people chug along everything is fine and theres no need to nerf ..but when someone pushes it, and then everyone pushes things to an extreme, and then economics are out of balance, thats when the nerf is required. This is that time.

And lol Ville, 95% of your posts are trolls, when someone trolls you you automatically take the high road?  You da adult!

107 (edited by Annihilator 2013-03-11 20:28:57)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Azyre and everyone who suggested that the problem lies in beta missions: yes that's a problem too, but it's a different one.

Regarding this particular change it does not matter whether you acquire those tokens/beacons during 3 months or 3 hours. What matters for us is that you can kill hundreds of NPCs in a matter of minutes. That's something we don't want you to do with any mechanic, simple as that. If we would fix the beta missions and leave the beacon rule as it is, it would still be a problem that you can do it, even if it would be more rare then.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Inda: actually the thin ice you mention would be balancing the game by keeping all the "fun" but bad game mechanics in there just so players don't leave. If we would want to do that we would simply place a NIC dispenser button on every gamma.

But ok, I listen to reason and I understand beacon popping is a fun thing to do. We still need a cap, but since we only have a problem with extremities, we'll modify the rule so that you can place up to 3 beacons in a 500m radius. After that it's a balancing matter, but don't expect it to change a lot.

+1000
Those two posts are worthy to be written down in a more public place aka blog. A limit of 3 sounds very reasonable -

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

108 (edited by Celebro 2013-03-11 19:45:23)

I would say its a reasonable compromise too. A nerf due to the upcoming mission changes will reduce this NIC printing further. Actually it was fun when I first tried it though the lag gets horribly bad doing more than 3 beacon at a time, I just wonder if the Devs are concerned about the server handling more beacon popping with a larger playerbase.

Would it be a good idea to add an extension for this? e.g beacon popping ext. from lvl1 = 2 beacons lvl 10 = 10 beacons?

RIP PERPETUUM

Mouse Slayer wrote:

Maybe in a free 2 play model, premium accounts can do 4 beacons and free is limited to 3

Syndic wrote:

Wouldn't work or be much point to it, unless F2P stopped free-accounts from trading with premium-accounts which defeats the purpose of F2P cause then they wouldn't be able to do anything in-game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Hunter wrote:
All Knowing Eye wrote:

so doing 50 beacons in ~60 sec is fine?

Actually yes. I said this as CEO of gamma PvP corp and hi-end prototyper. Also i play about 3 years since CBT.

But who you are?

Of course that's fine for you, because you greatly benefit from this exploit. If you weren't on gamma you would say otherwise.

111 (edited by Cassius 2013-03-12 19:30:22)

Jasdemi wrote:
Hunter wrote:
All Knowing Eye wrote:

so doing 50 beacons in ~60 sec is fine?

Actually yes. I said this as CEO of gamma PvP corp and hi-end prototyper. Also i play about 3 years since CBT.

But who you are?

Of course that's fine for you, because you greatly benefit from this exploit. If you weren't on gamma you would say otherwise.

Jas, what stops you from setting up on Gamma? Nothing. So don't *** when others put the time and effort and risk for the rewards.

Edit: I should add thats a general statement ... The beacons are properly getting nerfed on Gamma. I am simply addressing people like you who bemoan everything on Gamma without experience being there. And the reality is there's no reason why you can't be there other than your choice.