1 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-14 17:32:06)

Topic: So, Intrusion 2.0?

Hi folks,

am I really the only one, whose fingers itch so much because of this intrusion 2.0 that I had to stop myself from posting this completely useless post 5 times already?

DEVS, pls give us MOAR info about when, where, how, what will it include?!?! And no, pointing me in direction of intrusion 2.0 dev blog will just make me troll the crap out of you.

Agents, why are you not spamming the forums with :gief-I.2.0-nao:? What are your speculations about the I.2.0? What will most likely change? What are your main and side expectations of this patch? What are devs' expectations from this patch? What will make you wanna have Gargaj's babies? How did  Zoom break the NeutKain? Does Crm really wear pyjamas @ work? Is it true that for the coming I.2.0 patch AC hired a financial analyst to help with the Perpetuum market fiasco? And why the drastic changes to the Troiar Mk2, when removing 1 head slot was enough?

Agents, speak, shout, flame, troll and let your voices be heard in the Nian ether!

Re: So, Intrusion 2.0?

I hope it comes soon (tm).

I'm looking forward to I 2.0.  I worry that Perpetuum may have hit its zenith though.  Have we passed that crucial point where no amount of re-working and advertising will get new players to play?  I guess time will tell.

It's a step in the right direction, but it's still not the change that the game needs to make it more in-line with the empire building aspect of a sandbox. We already have outposts, this only makes having one a bit more lucrative. But really, who cares at this point? Beta corps have already stockpiled enough for it to not really matter if they can get more quicker. The problem is that there's not enough conflict to deplete a lot of the beta corps supplies and there's little reason for them now to go fight over something that will help them bloat more.

We need empire building, still. People need a way to build a home. Not just re-occupy some preconceived dot on the map.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Intrusion 2.0 on its own is not worth the amount of hype that has been going on about it. A combination of features to back up the new intrusion system is a must. I am not talking only about the aura system, more land mass is required with different types of resources (come on, we only have 1 type of beta ore) distributed in a way that creates real conflict. Something more also needs to be done about the amount of travelling/walking in this game its utterly annoying uninteresting.

RIP PERPETUUM

im just curios how they solve the mission running thing after intrusion 2.0. It doesn't look like we will get revamped lvl3-4 missions very soon. (-> random mission generator, anyone?)

and how they change the intrusion overview tab in corporation profile. There are many Details about the presentation and interface i want to know - not so much about intrusion mechanics. I like to know whats going on, even if i never participate. Ingame newsletter review about PvP battles... some... immersion please.

ontop of that:
with that update, i hope that those sleep-in or trojan Lithus tactics like we have seen again tonight, to capture someones outpost, are history with docking rights.

last but not least:
i hope that this patch will also finally turn squads into squads, and not alliances...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by MegaMaid 2011-11-15 02:34:30)

Annihilator wrote:

ontop of that:
with that update, i hope that those sleep-in or trojan Lithus tactics like we have seen again tonight, to capture someones outpost, are history with docking rights.

Thats because its not your outpost to decide, its the Syndicates wink

You can't own an outpost, however you can rent from the Syndicate and be their pets (sound appealing to you?)

Whenever you can build an outpost, THEN and only then will it be yours.

I'm looking forward to Intrusion 3.0  as we all know what problems 2.0 will cause and it hasn't even came out yet.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

MegaMaid wrote:

Intrusion 2.0 meh it will be good but this is really what im waiting for.. player built structures!!!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Nothing really exciting, won't attract new players, POS would.
Might attract some old vets, but more vets would come back for POS+More landmass+New kind of bots, some real new stuff and not revamped existing ones.
i2.0 still a step in the right direction and will most likely give few weeks of fun for all beta corps (or frustration).

D: How come you don't roll on Saturday, Walter?
W: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't f***ing ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh*t DON'T F***ING ROLL !!
D: Sheesh.
W: Shomer shabbos! ... Shomer f***ing shabbos!

Docking rights without alliance features will make all the alliances *** bricks actually.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

If there are no implemented Alliance features, which accomodates Corps working towards the same objectives, this hyped I. 2.0 is not much of a use. Yes sure it will force the holding corp to be on guard on the outpost 24/7, to monitor the SAP´s. Alone this circumstance will make it impossible for a single corp to achieve by themself. At least at the stage of the playerbase, we have in perpetuum at the moment.

As already mentioned on the player panel, way back,
to name but a few, we need features such as:

• Corps marked as allied, can defend the same outposts,

• Fee and upkeep for an alliance,

• Shared production rights on OP for allied corps. The .cvs export is tedious and almost useless.

• maybe a visual effect on the overview in form of an Icon, showing alliance members

• filter of alliance members out of the overview

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

You forgot shared docking access rights - if in case of emergency owner will close forpost, ally miners/haulers/etc who were in field are doomed.

14 (edited by Annihilator 2011-11-15 12:57:38)

MegaMaid wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

ontop of that:

Thats because its not your outpost to decide, its the Syndicates wink

You can't own an outpost, however you can rent from the Syndicate and be their pets (sound appealing to you?)

makes so much sense. so if you rent an appartement, the landlord can allow any stranger to sleep in your bed because its not really yours? where the hell do you life?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line, your post deosn't make any sense to me.
You sound like docking rights are "only owner corp and notone else" or "completely open".

for me beeing able to manage docking rights means i have either a black or whitelist feature for my outpost.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well that will be good. Didn't saw (or missed) any notice about that tho.

Yea you can edit the list of the allowed corps, unfortunately that could also mean you might have to do ALOT of micro-managing of this list in order to keep ALL the corps out, hopefully its JUST a whitelist as that would be the shorter list then having to add every corp in-game to the blacklist.

Just my two cents without an alliance feature intrusion 2.0 is just going to be fun for the signal masked groups hitting saps in  off times.  Even that's going to get boring after a month or two.  What's going to end up happening if alliance features are not implemented properly, your going to start seeing alliances turn into mega corps.  Which isn't going to be a good thing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The option to close an outpost will be based on standings, not a separate list. It will be a simple slider which will tell, for example, that you will only let in corporations that you have set to neutral or higher. And you have done that already I guess, so it won't need too much extra management.

There will be a new devblog with the details soon, probably early next week.

That is a very convenient solution, thanks.

What if you don't want to let neutral corporations dock into your outposts? That would be an awful lot of management work.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

What if you don't want to let neutral corporations dock into your outposts? That would be an awful lot of management work.

Then you simply set the slider to "good or above", which will only let in corps that you have set to good or friendly relation.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The option to close an outpost will be based on standings, not a separate list. It will be a simple slider which will tell, for example, that you will only let in corporations that you have set to neutral or higher. And you have done that already I guess, so it won't need too much extra management.

There will be a new devblog with the details soon, probably early next week.

This still does not compensate any alliance features, of corps fighting and supporting each other, producing and guarding the same Outpost which they are working in combined forces for, but either get nothing in return, even if the corps are allied and are a major factor of getting / holding an outpost and securing an area, they will never benefit from it, such as cost of production, buffs and such likes.

Even now it is a tedious process converting those .cvs for acccounting, at least in Excel we have some features like basic filtering methods, periodical accounting of costs, etc...

To be honset, the I2.0 system scares me, at least with the information I have so far from it, that it is totally half cooked. It certainly goes into the right direction, but its far from beeing called an improvement. But hopefully the DEV´s will proof me wrong.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

23 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-15 16:40:22)

*prove.

Tbh I didn't expect this amount of negative expectations hmm
Intrusion 2.0 is imo a step in the right direction, however it is a far cry from the final solution P needs. The system should be reiterated in december and january again with POS to make it interesting for the masses.

But before I start smartassing, I'll wait for the devBlog™ and the patch.

Just one really important thing smile WILL THE PATCH go live by nov 30th at the latest? big_smile

EDIT: @mobios, also the new system is nothing to be afraid of. It will only show which corporations really know how to manage resources and workforce, which coprorations have dedicated players in multiple time zones and which don't. The game is about to get a whole new level of depth without giving way to more complexity. That's VERY positive.

I am looking forward to I2.0.. It should add some interesting dynamics to beta. The best of which is the people who take the outposts will have to have a presence on the island.:D

I think it will also add a very nice dynamic for the small corps. Nothing better then running in and taking saps to reduce the indy capabilities of the owner! Guerrilla tactics ftw!

Inappropriate signature.

Triglav wrote:

*prove.

Tbh I didn't expect this amount of negative expectations hmm
Intrusion 2.0 is imo a step in the right direction, however it is a far cry from the final solution P needs. The system should be reiterated in december and january again with POS to make it interesting for the masses.

But before I start smartassing, I'll wait for the devBlog™ and the patch.

Just one really important thing smile WILL THE PATCH go live by nov 30th at the latest? big_smile

EDIT: @mobios, also the new system is nothing to be afraid of. It will only show which corporations really know how to manage resources and workforce, which coprorations have dedicated players in multiple time zones and which don't. The game is about to get a whole new level of depth without giving way to more complexity. That's VERY positive.

Wise words. Even though there might be a lot more things many players want in the game, this is a step in the right direction. The game has a lot of fun to offer allready IMO, and in the future it sure will have even more, POS, new bots etc... the small team of DEVs cant make it all over night though smile