Re: So, Intrusion 2.0?

Mobios wrote:

All Corps working hard together to keep an Island will have no benefits, still have to pay enormous amount of NIC to the holding corp for research / production, only with the risk to be logged out, if the CEO has had a bad day.

I'm not jabbing you mobios but I think this is working as intended this will cause corps to A. move to the old beta islands where 3 corps can "own" an Island. or B. stay on the New beta with 2 head corps and some pet corps that need the 2 main corps help. I hope you trust your allys intentions on docking rights. Perhaps an old Beta Island is what some of the smaller corps in big alliances need as you can dock in the Beta Terminal always that way your never at risk of being locked out.

The system is making it very easy for small corps to keep a station if they strive to keep it and control the area. If they get lazy then they lose it, if their indy guys get scared off and can't take a passive or an active while no one is around or atleast scan it and tell the CEO aprox. when the sap will be live then they shouldn't worry with a beta outpost.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

I am particularly disappointed with the black/white handling of the SAP's from the defender's POV. It's ridiculous that you have to:

1. Scout your own SAP.
2. Call a CTA.
3. Sit there for 1 hour twiddling your thumbs every 8/16 hours.

Srsly borked game mechanic as it goes against the "player choices" shenanigans. Players have the option to sit there for 1 hour, or to forget about the SAP and hope nobody scanned it. In the previous draft the owning corp could capture it, but this was already pointed out to be an anti-alliance mechanism. Instead of putting in alliances (which everyone is asking for), you merely made everyone wait 1 hour instead of the previously proposed 2 hours.

Much better alternative would have been to present the owning corporations with a choice regarding the SAP's:

a) Capture it, get the loot, but only 50% of stability points
b) Guard it, forego the loot, get 100% of stability points

That way the eventuality would have been taken into equation that sometimes SAP's spawn at the worst time possible, for example 5 mins before the bulk of people have to log off to go to bed because it's a work day. Also, it would give a beneficial reason besides maintaining 100% stability for those owners who busted their *** to get to 100% stability, since they could just capture their SAP's and get some free loots in the process.

The auras as others have said, 24H cooldown makes them worthless in casual day-to-day operations and only beneficient for those of us that do CTA-mining/harvesting/farming operations.

Overall much more could have been done with a bit more thought. Player choices matter in a sandbox, features shouldn't come with binary choices.

Intrusion 2.0 was killed on the drawing board. This is Intrusion 2.09 smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Let's get it to 2.12 then fast :S

Infinity Nova wrote:

I am particularly disappointed with the black/white handling of the SAP's from the defender's POV. It's ridiculous that you have to:

1. Scout your own SAP.
2. Call a CTA.
3. Sit there for 1 hour twiddling your thumbs every 8/16 hours.

Srsly borked game mechanic as it goes against the "player choices" shenanigans. Players have the option to sit there for 1 hour, or to forget about the SAP and hope nobody scanned it. In the previous draft the owning corp could capture it, but this was already pointed out to be an anti-alliance mechanism. Instead of putting in alliances (which everyone is asking for), you merely made everyone wait 1 hour instead of the previously proposed 2 hours.

Much better alternative would have been to present the owning corporations with a choice regarding the SAP's:

a) Capture it, get the loot, but only 50% of stability points
b) Guard it, forego the loot, get 100% of stability points

That way the eventuality would have been taken into equation that sometimes SAP's spawn at the worst time possible, for example 5 mins before the bulk of people have to log off to go to bed because it's a work day. Also, it would give a beneficial reason besides maintaining 100% stability for those owners who busted their *** to get to 100% stability, since they could just capture their SAP's and get some free loots in the process.

The auras as others have said, 24H cooldown makes them worthless in casual day-to-day operations and only beneficient for those of us that do CTA-mining/harvesting/farming operations.

Overall much more could have been done with a bit more thought. Player choices matter in a sandbox, features shouldn't come with binary choices.

I read it more of a requirement that you kill everything that comes to your island 24 / 7 rather than just sitting inside the station waiting out the enemy. this would make it easy to lock out someone insignificant as you could beat their numbers with minimal resources for three days no problem. someone of a similar size could never be beaten as they could pick and choose their intrusions.

What I don't like is you can't really achieve anything. The only way to lock someone out is by living there. It would be better to have this system alongside the original so that you can win by a set piece battle that gives you immunity for a period of time.

Tonnik wrote:

What I don't like is you can't really achieve anything. The only way to lock someone out is by living there. It would be better to have this system alongside the original so that you can win by a set piece battle that gives you immunity for a period of time.

This is exactly what the system was designed to stop.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Tonnik wrote:

no more afk empires. Is was this that i hated about stEVE the most is a large powerful alliance would take over many regions that they would never set foot in.

i can see why some would like that but it makes for zzz gameplay.

what is planned to happen in perp is far better & the way things should be.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

83 (edited by Syndic 2011-11-28 08:03:14)

The relatively bad thing about the new intrusion system is tied to the small population in-game, there are simply too many outposts in-game (so no reason to compete for any of them besides boredom) and SAPs loot is something that can be farmed and considered free-loot. There's nobody living on Kentagura, Norhoop, Domhalarn and Hokkagaros' population is minimal (M2S, ATG, HUN?).

That is 33 SAP's that will be cycling throughout 8/16 hours as free-loot boxes that nobody (or very few people) care about. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

The relatively bad thing about the new intrusion system is tied to the small population in-game, there are simply too many outposts in-game (so no reason to compete for any of them besides boredom) and SAPs loot is something that can be farmed and considered free-loot. There's nobody living on Kentagura, Norhoop, Domhalarn and Hokkagaros' population is minimal (M2S, ATG, HUN?).

That is 33 SAP's that will be cycling throughout 8/16 hours as free-loot boxes that nobody (or very few people) care about. smile

hmmm all those juicy lvl10 decoders! But yes you are right. is it to much to ask for more people sad

spread the word you slackers! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Actually, empty outposts should convince people to move out there. If you take your corp out there and cap the outpost by doing a single SAP, you can get a locked one and free loot just by sitting around uncontested. And if other people see you out there and think "those guys are weenies, I bet we could take them and then the free loot sitting around would be ALL FOR US" well then PVP occurs because "OMFG HOW DARE THEY TAKE OUR LOOT SPEWING HOME!"

So that's fine with me.

Scanners seem like a good idea for the SAPs, all they really do is narrow the window of watching somewhat/provide an "is this worth waiting for y/n" magic eight ball. If a roaming gang rolls by and decides to check the SAP, they might find that it's about to pop a candycan and do it. And then the defenders come out to fight them off (or not), and PVP happens (or a goodie can spawns).

A lot of the thread seems filled with hoopla from OCD people about having to protect their stuff constantly to keep stability at 100, which is silly. Most corps will probably float between 60 and 90.

Mobios had a legit point about non-holder corps not getting the auras, but then if you aren't holding the outpost you're probably a smaller corp. So, you know, bulk up and grab one (meaning advertise for new players for the game or grab some newbies and get them to play) or don't and don't worry about it because they're probably going to be fairly small bonuses. Your gear might be at risk of lockout, but then if some corp locks you out you can always just harass them or join up with another corp to take their stuff. Or store most of your gear in a nearby alpha terminal. Or grab one of the various nearby empties. Whatever.

I think it's a great system with a lot of potential. There will probably be some annoying elements, but this is pretty much exactly what I wanted and I'll definitely be jumping back in to play again now that I've read the blog.