Re: So, Intrusion 2.0?

hopefully this will grant more conflict as this is basically what drives such games smile

in eve i was always fascinated by the fights happening in 0.0 when i wasn't there during my early carebear days and when i finally got there is was just a great time to be there. sadly as of now beta islands are mostly just empty from my experience sad

Destructible upgrades = profit.

Not quite sure about destructible upgrades, but certainly destructible something. NIC sink, conflict driver, etc. All good stuff.

29 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-11-16 14:33:30)

Triglav wrote:

Agents, why are you not spamming the forums with :gief-I.2.0-nao:? What are your speculations about the I.2.0? What will most likely change? What are your main and side expectations of this patch?

Why not spamming?
Would do to much presure to the DEVs and very likely bring us half-done or bugged content -> not good.
Anyway, a DEV-blog or some infos would be nice/cool wink.

Speculations?
The hype and run for outposts will be big at the beginning. But after some time (first 1 day after release) the "whine" will start again wink. For whatever reason (most likely: "to hard to attack, damn station huging, didn't change anything to no-target problem").

Expectations?
For alpha players nothing will change. Some big corps will take hole icelands (and sometimes even two or three) while small corps get nothing.

My hope?
A small corp would has a changs to even get one outpost and beeing able to secure the area around this outpost so their members can actual USE this area for mining/farming and not just own it on paper.
(Defending Towers which attack hostil (yellow/red) player but not NPC and which can't be taken down by just one remot repped heavy mech doing enough damage so that roming ganks of small/assaults don't ignore them).

PS: and some function like "attackble timeframe" would be cool smile.
It doesn't make sense to even try to get an outpost with small corps, when you know: "random gank from other timezones will take it while we have to sleep/work" sad.
So something like "our primetime is EU west means our outpost can be attack between 19:00 and 23:00 german time" for excample. This timeframe can be changed once peer week and must be at last 4 hours/day.

I don't forsee this patch changing much, or enough. It's a good idea in theory, however I think instead of implementing this they should wait and start coding some POS and two super huge large islands that ONLY allow POS to be built as there are no stations. That would be neat. Oh well we'll see what it brings I suppose.

31 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-16 17:35:20)

Moving all our *** - *again*?

Fukc that. Devs NEVER introduce POS!

edit: seems the "poo" synonims are abolished.

Serpens wrote:

I don't forsee this patch changing much, or enough. It's a good idea in theory, however I think instead of implementing this they should wait and start coding some POS and two super huge large islands that ONLY allow POS to be built as there are no stations. That would be neat. Oh well we'll see what it brings I suppose.

Oh god i hate to do this but .... i agree with you & you hit the nail on the head. If the devs did this i think ide jizz my pants.
WTB: the wild west!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Jack J. wrote:

My hope?
A small corp would has a changs to even get one outpost and beeing able to secure the area around this outpost so their members can actual USE this area for mining/farming and not just own it on paper.

Problem is there are already to many Alliance lovers that even if no feature is implemented to satisify them they will all just form a mega corp. which is sad because this feature will increase the abality of a small corp to effectivly live in beta till some alliance zergs up. Zerging will still happen. If your corp sharing an outpost after I2.0 grow a pair and get your corp its own OP. You don't need 30 active members to hold an op and you don't need all 30 online to defend it either.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

34 (edited by Celebro 2011-11-19 14:00:49)

I really don't see the need to create a mega corp in order to defend your OP. With the new changes corps will be more busy defending their OP anyways. So Lobo may be right, there is no need for a large number of players to defend or even a 24hr presence just to own it. More land mass together with OP in beta will help though.

There is a more urgent need for corporation features first before any alliance feature is implemented and with present player numbers, there is enough OP to go around atm.

RIP PERPETUUM

if someone wants all outpost auras of one island, his corp HAS to capture all three outposts of that island - if the devs do not implement a feature to "share outpostbuff with allies"

-> allieances will have to melt together into one megacorp per island minimum.

its not about the docking rights, its about the outpost buffs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

if someone wants all outpost auras of one island, his corp HAS to capture all three outposts of that island - if the devs do not implement a feature to "share outpostbuff with allies"

-> allieances will have to melt together into one megacorp per island minimum.

its not about the docking rights, its about the outpost buffs.

I not sure about that, an alliance could melt down into the number of OPs available in an island if they really want to control it all, no more puppet corps. Each would defend their own turf.

RIP PERPETUUM

Serpens wrote:

It's a step towards POS. We're building a big enough / robust enough (and in fact, simple enough) system with this one that (hopefully) brings us closer to POS, but we can't do all of it overnight.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Serpens wrote:

It's a step towards POS. We're building a big enough / robust enough (and in fact, simple enough) system with this one that (hopefully) brings us closer to POS, but we can't do all of it overnight.

Has there been any start on coding pos's ?

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

That's what I meant - we're creating a codebase that already has those concepts in mind so we can eventually incrementally progress there.
(Did anyone think about the lovely ambiguity of the term "P.O.S." btw?)

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

40 (edited by Syrissa 2011-11-21 15:53:57)

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

That's what I meant - we're creating a codebase that already has those concepts in mind so we can eventually incrementally progress there.

i would prefer P.B.S.

the B stands for build the rest stands for player and structures ... the O stands for owned... so you could refer to the existing outposts as POS... thats why i prefer the B.

Syrissa wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i would prefer P.B.S.

the B stands for build the rest stands for player and structures ... the O stands for owned... so you could refer to the existing outposts as POS... thats why i prefer the B.

Current outpost in beta cannot be owned, they are rented, owner is still the syndicate not the player. They have not been built by the player either so it can't be called P.B.S or POS.

RIP PERPETUUM

I prefer PB&J, much tastier then POS.

It sounds like it will be a while before players can build outposts, there is still the option of larger landmasses with developer deployed stations. Meaning, maybe devs can 'cheat' a little and have the building created graphically and coding, but not have the entry point active until the corporation does whatever it is to open it up.

An intermediate step between pre-built and player built; Dev built -player unlocked. I'm thinking about something like a SAP goes active at the location, and a corporation has to put in X amount of materials ( X being large) to bring the station online the first time, after which I 2.0 takes over. The only difference being how it is initially captured.

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Go set one up in eve before the winter patch and you'll understand immediately why that particular acronym got so popular.

Protip, do not make it take hours sans queue to set up and online a player structure. We will all get very peevish about that.

Also, the interface had best be top notch and carefully thought out, because your most dedicated and well connected players will be the ones forced to interact with it regularly. Since those people tend to do a great job getting others to join up, you don't want to punch them in the face every time they interact with what will no doubt be a prominent gameplay element for quite some time.

Syrissa wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i would prefer P.B.S.

yes PBS would be the best as that allows US the players to build what we want where we want. Im very happy to wait longer for this kinda thing to be put into the game over just more pre built "stuff"

I would think of P.O.S. as 'Point of Sale' from the player feedback.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

46 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-11-24 14:49:44)

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Protip

I rather would give the "protip" to quad-check every function so it can not be abused or used for cheating.

Wouldn't be the first time where "pro corps" abuse new stuff to get unfair advantages wink.

Duping, Moongo, grief, "random other anti sozial ***"

PS: and don't expect to get new players with this patch. Maybe some old will come back to check it out, but this will not bring "NEW" players.

New player will come with spamming advertise like DarkOrbit (realy BAD pice of software) or other "f2p" games do it.

47 (edited by Celebro 2011-11-24 16:09:13)

Jack Jombardo wrote:
AeonThePiglet wrote:

Protip

PS: and don't expect to get new players with this patch. Maybe some old will come back to check it out, but this will not bring "NEW" players.

New player will come with spamming advertise like DarkOrbit (realy BAD pice of software) or other "f2p" games do it.

No point in advertising to bring a mass of new players atm, even with intrusion 2.0, until we get more end game content. I think DEVs know most new players will just leave as has happened before.

RIP PERPETUUM

gif info nao smile

49 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-24 22:19:30)

yea dudes come on, 24th s running out :S where's the blog and patch?

Didnt they say they were going to release the info early this week? Well, it's almost Friday now... fuuu:fuuu::fuuu:

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run