Re: So, Intrusion 2.0?

Grim Faust wrote:

Didnt they say they were going to release the info early this week? Well, it's almost Friday now... fuuu:fuuu::fuuu:

^ Yeah come on DEVs. Are we getting any info tonight?

RIP PERPETUUM

I'm sure it's not going to happen tomorrow.

Latest, after asking in last blog when the big blog is coming.

Dev BoyC wrote:

Big blog will have to wait until we're finished with the first wave of changes.

RIP PERPETUUM

neutral

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

I think BoyC misunderstood that, he meant his own blog about the shader3 changes.
The intrusion one is in the works, probably coming tomorrow.

big_smile

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

did you guys forget - "early week" in budapest means "friday"...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You know, it's like that fiscal year thingy big_smile

59 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-25 03:29:48)

hahaahah big_smile

well finally smile cant wait and /:hopes-to-god-*awesome*-will-omgsatisfy:

Hope so, it will have to be to pull my attention away from Tribes smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

61 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-25 23:46:16)

Friday's running out devs :S

Blog? Notes? Whiskey?

I know you said "probably" zoom, but nov'11 is kinda running out tongue and the user peak graph seems to be dropping again.

Feel like a cun1 with all this bi1chin i'm doing lately.

Unfortunately it got much longer than expected (it is a monsterpost really, and it's only about intrusion 2.0 even), but now we only need some proofreading and some neat screenshots. So it'll be the first thing in the morning to finish it and you can have it smile

proof readin is fo nubs ..... real men speak first & maybe think about it after big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Here you go:
http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … 0-details/

Yaay, thanks zoom. reading...

66 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-26 18:19:42)

Hmz..

I think I missed the :awesome: part smile most of the details are as predicted and/or requested, however i disagree with 2 details:

1) 24 hour cooldown for auras. I don't see why this prenerf, but i figure it's taken as some kind of a pressure valve for possible technical difficulties (updating everyone on a single island with aura change would be server cpu consuming, and spamming it each second would probably crash the server) but I think that a 15 minute cooldown would completely suffice, 60 minute at most. 24hour is plain overkill and serves no purpose whatsoever. With this   you cant even change aura to help yourself in different tasks, so this aura thing is either "turned on" for one general purpose on an island and that's it or it's not. No extra gameplay with it. Seriously? You made a whole new *** gameplay system and we're just gonna turn it on and that's it? Rethink this fast and realize the potential it could have if you made a more sensible cooldown.

2) intrusion time scanning ammo? WTF? what's the *** purpose of RANDOM intrusion events if you can  scan them down? This actually destroys the current gameplay (where u KNOW when the next intrusion is gonna be), because every top corporation is gonna have to have spying alts on all (major) outposts. This means that all you did was complicate the gameplay regarding the intrusion system for most players and NOT made it fun. If you kept the intrusion system random and with NO scanning timers possible, the system woudl be fun, and roaming squads would have much meaning, thus allowing smaller forces to influence bigger ones. With it, it's again top corps vs top corps but with added complications and added spy alts. Very bad idea and at most a poor attempt to get a couple more accounts.

Otherwise superb blog, probably superb coding execution, but that remains to be seen. The auras idea is nice, tbh I don't agree with loot at saps, because auras and outpost mechanisms should be enough incentive for the Intrusions. But ok, you want us to have loot? thank you very much. We didn't need it tongue Am.

As stated numerous times in the past month, this patch will be a step in the right direction, however it is only a small step (yes, sorry, it is) and the whole marathon (of getting the game rolling with >1k subs) is still ahead.

T.

67 (edited by Burial 2011-11-26 18:49:02)

Was wondering if a closed down outpost will still display items for sale on public market?

// I agree with Triglav on the first point - the aura system needs a bit of fine tuning.

Burial wrote:

Was wondering if a closed down outpost will still display items for sale on public market?

Good question, don't know if the DEVs have thought about that, because it won't be a public market anymore but an alliance market, once the OP is locked.

I don't think locking down access is a good idea anyways, after all this is syndicate built OP on a syndicate unprotected area. It looks like a cheap move to give DEVS more time for POS and possible 'gamma' islands.

RIP PERPETUUM

Burial wrote:

Yes, closing down an outpost has no effect on anything other than your ability to enter it at that moment. And even that has obviously some levels.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yes, closing down an outpost has no effect on anything other than your ability to enter it at that moment. And even that has obviously some levels.

Some Levels? As far as I can understand , you have the ability to enter it or not. And what would be the point of a public market in a locked OP, if you can't buy/sell anything unless you are docked there?

RIP PERPETUUM

its not public for you, but public for anyone else with access?

who do you bother - the outpost location is displayed behind any offer/request?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Burial wrote:

Some Levels? As far as I can understand , you have the ability to enter it or not. And what would be the point of a public market in a locked OP, if you can't buy/sell anything unless you are docked there?

Like it is explained in the blog, closing an outpost is not simply black and white, it depends on relations who you let in. This can change every day depending on the owners' will, so there is no point in hiding market orders. Also it would be just like it was for trial accounts, when the market limitations were still in effect - they thought that's all the market they could see.

The issue is not really big in my opinion. I was just asking it for merely knowing if the orders are still visible or not. Once the station closes down, I will move my stuff to the Beta terminal most likely - will be better that way anyway.

Burial wrote:

The issue is not really big in my opinion. I was just asking it for merely knowing if the orders are still visible or not. Once the station closes down, I will move my stuff to the Beta terminal most likely - will be better that way anyway.

I think the idea is that your corp will want you to move your stuff to their outpost and help protect it so that you do risk losing access to your stuff.

The best tactic once this goes live is to move into someone else outpost and leave your old one. Do this fast enough and you can cause a corp to lose almost all its assets.

For example corp A, B and C could band together and move in to corp Ds outpost (Because it starts at 5%) then capture the first SAP and corp D loses control of the outpost. At this point corp D has to move out or risk losing all their stuff.

So I hope of the the internet pirates here have something like this planned because I can't wait to hear a 100 strong corp whining they lost their outpost on the first day.

75 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-11-27 11:34:17)

I think, like already mentioned in an earlier post,  this Intrusion 2.0 might be a good direction but the way it is now, I consider it a slap in the face to all Corps who are envolved securing the island, guarding the SAP´s,  engaging in intrusions, only so that one corp gets all the benefits of an outpost. And if things go ugly, you are being locked out of the outpost, at the owners good will. All Corps working hard together to keep an Island will have no benefits, still have to pay enormous amount of NIC to the holding corp for research / production, only with the risk to be logged out, if the CEO has had a bad day.

So much for Alliance features

This is really half cooked

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY