Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

The Devs are working their panties off, except when they play Minecraft of course. With that team, l have no doubts it will be fixed and we will get playing the game as it once were again in no time.

Morgan Raines wrote:
Firawien wrote:
Spawnster wrote:

How About they NEED more bandwidth, and JUST maybe there in a location where they CANT upgrade, they still took my 10 dollars knowing they could not handle the players. SO what does that tell you. ALSO a mmo that is only holding 350 players???? you got to be kidding me. 350, but there still taking peoples money. I want a refund NOW.

Are you able to read letters and then understand what some tries to tell you/us? No? Sry my fault.

Are you able to apply logic to a statement , and maybe, just maybe come to the conclusion that said statement is a falacy or an outright lie ? Are you able to comprehend the fact that they may be fabricating this issue, and hiding the truth because it really *** sucks ?

Yeah everyone is lieing to you and everyone just wants to steal your money you poor poor chicken.

@Mrs Pickerel

Most of the long term players are Eve vets, so the Eve culture is already here, don't worry too much about stepping on toes smile

@ QQ'ers

[blank stare]

Vaneshi SnowCrash wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

Oh well, at least its only 9 euero´s lost this time.

I should learn to not pay up before things work.

roll

Right.  First of all, I'm saying this so many times I feel like a god damn white knight.

Secondly, your not loosing any paid for time.  You're not loosing any trial time either.  They're adding it to your account once they know how much to add.

Thirdly your account(s) are still acruing EP at the usual rate. 

In EVE terms, free gametime & 1.4k SP per day the problem continues is inbound.  You have not wasted your 9 euro's, you will get everything you have paid for.

As one could expect. The usual response. When i buy something, I expect to at least be able to use it. That is my standards, and has nothing to do with you. I dont have oceans of time to spend on gaming, and usually when I buy a game, I wanna play it straight away, and not in a week.

i have tried this exact same thing before, and without mentioning what game it was, i can tell you , that now 3 months later, *** still doesnt work, and money is lost.

That is why i feel boned, and a bit nervous.

You might be willing to take it, I am not. Deal with it.

Firawien wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:
Firawien wrote:

Are you able to read letters and then understand what some tries to tell you/us? No? Sry my fault.

Are you able to apply logic to a statement , and maybe, just maybe come to the conclusion that said statement is a falacy or an outright lie ? Are you able to comprehend the fact that they may be fabricating this issue, and hiding the truth because it really *** sucks ?

Yeah everyone is lieing to you and everyone just wants to steal your money you poor poor chicken.

Constructive. Also very much expected. Same old story. Just dont respond to my posts ok ?

@Mrs Pickerel
The majority of all players have always been ex-eve players
To hit a target, click it, press R, push space once the lock completes.
Or double click and then press space once the lock completes.

257 (edited by Klyst Lysander 2011-06-29 20:06:13)

Morgan Raines wrote:
Vaneshi SnowCrash wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

Oh well, at least its only 9 euero´s lost this time.

I should learn to not pay up before things work.

roll

Right.  First of all, I'm saying this so many times I feel like a god damn white knight.

Secondly, your not loosing any paid for time.  You're not loosing any trial time either.  They're adding it to your account once they know how much to add.

In EVE terms, free gametime & 1.4k SP per day the problem continues is inbound.  You have not wasted your 9 euro's, you will get everything you have paid for.

As one could expect. The usual response. When i buy something, I expect to at least be able to use it. That is my standards, and has nothing to do with you. I dont have oceans of time to spend on gaming, and usually when I buy a game, I wanna play it straight away, and not in a week.

i have tried this exact same thing before, and without mentioning what game it was, i can tell you , that now 3 months later, *** still doesnt work, and money is lost.

I don't want to sound unrespectful, or harsh or whatever, but in this particular situation, you are the one needing "to deal with it", as it can just not happen any other way.
Unless of course a miracle happens and they manage to fix the problem in the minute to come (which I still wish smile )

ps.edited because of awful punctuation.

If your looking for support on calling the Dev's liars and cheats... your in the wrong game.

If you want to voice a concern about not being able to play because the dev's messed up some coding, go right ahead, I'm with you on that. They are currently in a 'learning moment', they've been here before and we've come out the other side with a better game.

Morgan Raines wrote:
Firawien wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

Constructive. Also very much expected. Same old story. Just dont respond to my posts ok ?

Might as well just bolt dude. Take the hit and scram. Your account is being compensated when this is all fixed, they don't owe you a refund. If you can't or won't accept that, then there is no help for you. Seeing as you are the only one so far who has had this little issue, it's fairly safe to say you are alone.

Klyst Lysander wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:
Vaneshi SnowCrash wrote:

I don't want to sound unrespectful, or harsh or whatever, but in this particular situation, you are the one needing "to deal with it", because it cant happen any other way, unless a miracle and they manage to fix the problem in the minute to come (which I still wish smile )

Not harsh at all, I posted my oppinion, as has everyone else, but this guy felt he had to belittle my person because of it, I just wanted to explain it to him. I am indeed dealing with it, I still have the right to feel as i like, dont you think ?

I havent offended anyone, but this fanbot who gets offended because he thinks I am bashing his game. I am not. The little I have played, I loved. I even admitted to it being my own damn fault, since i knew there was issues, but they just seem to get worse, and now as a paying custumer I cant get into the game at all.

I should´ve just waited till a solution was found, or not found.

Maybe they will fix it maybe they wont. Im just saying. Things doesnt allways work out, especially if your dealing with a small devteam....

@Tulip Wednesday

Just below the line "Server Status: Server is X" on the login window, is the message of the day, the link there has been updated frequently to point to the most recent post in this thread by a Dev regarding the issue.

If you'd like to be updated more frequently, you can connect to their IRC chat using the link that was mentioned by a Dev on page four of this thread:
irc://irc.perpetuum-online.com/perpetuum
The applet will allow you to connect directly in your browser window.

Regarding a timeline, this might be possible in a simple environment, however, they can't give you information they don't have. When troubleshooting it is impossible to know how long a fix will take, as it requires first identification of an unknown problem, then work to correct that problem, then testing, then deployment to see if the problem has been solved. Giving a specific period simply opens the possibility that they will have appeared to have lied to you, which is what I assume they're trying to avoid.

262 (edited by Morgan Raines 2011-06-29 20:18:06)

Raife wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:
Firawien wrote:

Might as well just bolt dude. Take the hit and scram. Your account is being compensated when this is all fixed, they don't owe you a refund. If you can't or won't accept that, then there is no help for you. Seeing as you are the only one so far who has had this little issue, it's fairly safe to say you are alone.

I have not asked for a refund ? I was aggreeing with a dude on some of his issues. He was the one who wanted a refund.

Wow, second time I get an insulting respone, guess im not the only one who is a bit touchy over not being able to play. Or is it just how you always act ?

For reasons other than the game not working, this starts to feel like a mistake. One only has to air a little critiscism about how things are handled and you get manhandled in the forums. l o l. Would it help if I said I really like the game ? big_smile

263 (edited by Arga 2011-06-29 20:19:28)

Morgan Raines wrote:

Maybe they will fix it maybe they wont. Im just saying. Things doesnt allways work out, especially if your dealing with a small devteam....

I can't even compute how they could NOT fix it. I was hear near launch and we had 900 players online without a problem. This is something that slipped in over the last 6 months that wasn't noticed because our concurrent online player base was less then the current cap.

Edit: I would say yes to the above, people are getting irritated and not thinking too clearly before they post, but it's Internet forums - not every post is gold.

Morgan Raines wrote:

Not harsh at all, I posted my oppinion, as has everyone else, but this guy felt he had to belittle my person because of it, I just wanted to explain it to him. I am indeed dealing with it, I still have the right to feel as i like, dont you think ?

I havent offended anyone, but this fanbot who gets offended because he thinks I am bashing his game. I am not. The little I have played, I loved. I even admitted to it being my own damn fault, since i knew there was issues, but they just seem to get worse, and now as a paying custumer I cant get into the game at all.

I should´ve just waited till a solution was found, or not found.

Maybe you should have waited. I am in the same boat, I subscribed yestrday and still haven't played more than 5 minutes. But I know that my game time will be 'refunded' and I am still getting EP. If the worse comes to worse I 'lost' 9 euros, what's that, little more than a BK meal? Really, chill and go do something else for a while, coming on the forum to accuse the DEVs of stealing your money and calling their game crap isn't really helping out

Morgan Raines wrote:

Dude.  I'm from EVE as well.  I am fighting, very hard, my natural urge to reach for my pitchfork and set the forums on fire whilst setting fire to the nearest outpost in game.

And yes, that is getting harder to fight the longer this continues I will admit.   But ultimatley, I say to you sir.

HTFU

Arga wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

I can't even compute how they could NOT fix it. I was hear near launch and we had 900 players online without a problem. This is something that slipped in over the last 6 months that wasn't noticed because our concurrent online player base was less then the current cap.

Based on what you say, it indeed seems likely. But you just never know, and as I said, I have been burned before, hence my inital reaction.

Morgan Raines wrote:
Arga wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

Based on what you say, it indeed seems likely. But you just never know, and as I said, I have been burned before, hence my inital reaction.

As I noted before, this is indeed what happened - longer explanation will follow.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Tell you what Van, if this isn't corrected by the weekend, we'll forum riot big_smile

Vaneshi SnowCrash wrote:
Morgan Raines wrote:

Dude.  I'm from EVE as well.  I am fighting, very hard, my natural urge to reach for my pitchfork and set the forums on fire whilst setting fire to the nearest outpost in game.

And yes, that is getting harder to fight the longer this continues I will admit.   But ultimatley, I say to you sir.

HTFU

LoL. Basically this is all just because I really really wanted to play, ok Ill htfu. neutral

heres a fix: smile

Step one, Find your Amex.  neutral

Step two, Google for CISCO, Read, call. yikes

Step three, Involve experienced professionals that know how to connect thousands of people to systems anywhere in the world.  tongue

Step four, raise the playing fee to 15USD a month to pay for systems/bandwidth/techs etcetera roll

Step five, listen to praise from happy customers.  big_smile

vs

Tongue in cheek, I'm spending my time in a _ing forum rather than playing the game, no fair...

@Morgan Raines

To be blunt, you got insulted because you were aggressive, insulting and were being very unreasonable. If you expect respectful and mature responses, you need to take care you begin your communication on that level.

Being concerned/nervous/afraid is one thing, using it as an excuse to take things out on others is another.

272 (edited by Atlas 2011-06-29 20:28:07)

The devs are working on it and talking to us with regular updates. Something I have missed from some places. They have said compensation is coming and apologized for the lost time and have explained that this issue is some bug they didn't notice until the massive new influx of players.

Some of the old players have stated they have had twice as much maybe three times as much people on server back when the game was new or in beta or something and it did fine this is something new.

Yes the not getting a chance to play is annoying but it is a problem that happens.. I have been in new games like this before they all have these annoying hicups its the norm for a new game that is what less then a year after official release?

Thank you devs for the Updates never forget to keep us in the loop like you have. Good luck to solving this problem soon so I can get on and enjoy the game more then I have been able to.

Any way my opinion on subject and thanks to the devs is now given. cool
edit: yey typos

Etrias Jhozah wrote:
Spawnster wrote:
Jez DeLaney wrote:

Can everyone just remain calm?  It won't be long before this little episode will be a distant memory, and the long-term effect of it will be a much larger playerbase.  Isn't that worth a few days of server naughtiness?

How About they NEED more bandwidth, and JUST maybe there in a location where they CANT upgrade, they still took my 10 dollars knowing they could not handle the players. SO what does that tell you. ALSO a mmo that is only holding 350 players???? you got to be kidding me. 350, but there still taking peoples money. I want a refund NOW.

Respectfully, I'm going to ask you to chill. This isn't costing you anything as it's been said several times that this time is being given to all players gratis.

Also, you really shouldn't speak about tech things you have no knowledge about. A bandwidth problem is fixed in a phone call and as it has been posted numerous times already, this is a software problem.

Of course, if you're going to act like a child about this, then maybe it's best you find something else. I hear WoW has a infinite trial now. roll

From what I've experienced, it feels like memory leak.  But the devs don't say that. 

One EvE Vet to the other EvE vets: I do think we should all be patient.  The Perp Vets have faith in their devs, and that is good enough for me.  Compared to the EvE devs who are only adored by the fan boiz.  The devs here have to earn my enmity or my respect and only time will determine which.  I'm willing to give them time.

Besides, gaming is mere procrastination for me, until I feel pressured enough to grind through school work I don't really want to do ... lol  ... Three Huzzah's for procrastination !!!

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

Ok, can'y log in... Challenging issues....   

DEV BoyC wrote:

First of all we'd like to welcome the influx of new players to Perpetuum. The sheer number of new players caught us by surprise, and we're working around the clock to accommodate each and every one of you.... snipped...

Request: Tone down the 'thump' as the system error messages hit the screen, its painfully agressive.

Request: If your going to tell me not to do something I want to do, tell me when I can do it. Knowing user limits are in effect until you resolve server issues doesnt tell me what I need to know.  HOW LONG DO WE WAIT, is it ten minutes, of which nine have gone, or it it 20 hours, of which 5 have gone. Give some kind of forecast, or point to a blog entry that will giove some kind of expectation.

I'm started to get needlessly frsutsrated, I want in to play the game, as do others, but your message  gives me no indication I can use.

Do I go to town for the evening and come back to find you came on line the mment I switched off, or do I sit here trying needlessly untill some time tonight wasting several hours?

Your error messages are annoying and frustrating and not very well thought out. Technically they may be good, for a computer techs point of view. From a game players point of view, they are useless.

This may sound banal, but if you date time stamp your error messages, we get a feeling of how long they have been there, an hour, a day, a few moments.

Give an Estimated time for return to some service, and point to a weblog entry detailing what, where, how, when, you know, all the good stuff you need to know to be able to do the one thing you want to do, act like a paying customer wanting to pay  agame on the Internet.

Thanks.

Sorry, I know you won't read this, and if you do read it, you wont change anything, guess I'm just venting.

So you want them to make up something and lie to you?  When in the history of eve have they ever been right about when the server would be back up? Or any mmo for that matter?

Go about your life, unplug from the computer for a bit and don't worry.  We aren't losing out because ep is still accumulating.  They have already said we will be credited for the time the server is down.  Is it really that bad not being able to sit in front of a computer screen watchin robots kill each other for a few days?

BTW: This thread is very active, be sure to scroll up before posting, as your question or concern may have already been addressed as you typed.