Re: EW needs nerf

How exactly does it make it useless?

Arga wrote:

"I'm not saying nerf the EW into uselessness and I have yet to read anyone suggesting that, so you are crying wolf on that one."

Requiring LOS would make EW useless, and that is being suggested, I don't think 'cry wolf' means what you think it means.

Arga this is a troll thread both of them.  Stop feeding the trolls.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

103 (edited by Burial 2013-09-19 20:00:30)

Ok Arga, I'm calling your bullshit here now.

Test comparing Kain MK2 tank to Vagabond MK2

Vagabond MK2: Shield, Accumulator Recharger, Frame.
Kain MK2: 2 Plates, Frame

Friend in Mesmer MK2 with EM guns and 4 damage tuners shot each of those bots.

RESULT
It took 7 shots to break Vagabond MK2 shield but only 4 shots to kill Kain MK2.

So don't tell here that Vagabonds/Zeniths can't tank.

104 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-19 23:26:57)

Arga wrote:

"I'm not saying nerf the EW into uselessness and I have yet to read anyone suggesting that, so you are crying wolf on that one."

Requiring LOS would make EW useless, and that is being suggested, I don't think 'cry wolf' means what you think it means.

You are saying that by making the Zenith LOS it is completely useless and not even worth using.  You are the one claiming that this change would bring about the end of the world for the Zenith.  That is crying wolf.  Your like the crazy guy wearing a sandwich board screaming the end is neigh.  Every other weapon in the game uses LOS.  Ictus and troiar all have to fit Hardeners just like any other bot that wants to use shields EXCEPT for the zenith.  Ever heard of a Glass Cannon?  This is exactly what the zenith should be if you don't use hardeners and fight on the front lines.  Just like every other bot in the game would be if it didn't use hardeners. 

And stop saying missiles are not LOS, at best they are semi no LOS.  True no LOS is what the zenith can do.  I cannot park a tyro behind a mountain and shoot at anything in range with no consideration for terrain.  Yes the missiles can fire over SOME terrain,  but not through a mountain.  This is BALANCED by it being the lowest DPS in the game.  The only offensive mods in game that are true no LOS are suppressors/ECM's.  If Zeniths/Vagas had LOS then I would say leave them as they are.  So long as they are the only no LOS offensive ability in the game they need to be balanced.

105 (edited by Burial 2013-09-20 00:56:47)

Vagabond/Zenith has about 11k effective hitpoints that regenerate efficiently. 11k hitpoints, 640m range without Range Extenders, nearly 200 masking, about 10kmph faster than others and you say adding LOS makes them fodder. roll

There are many suggestions about ways to improve it, but first we should all be on the same page whether there is a problem. Do others here think the combination above is overpowered or not?

Ville wrote:
Arga wrote:

Arga this is a troll thread both of them.  Stop feeding the trolls.

Shhh... 

<.<

>.>

"If you miss a jam on heavy mk1 with no eccms fit in a vaga mk2 your fail."
-Lobo

Tbh I think ewar in general is fine. The only thing missing is remote ECCM.

They could just produce more interference to limit the situations where there is 20 enemies, with 18 of them are in ewars and other 2 are dd and rem-rep

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Perceptor wrote:

Tbh I think ewar in general is fine. The only thing missing is remote ECCM.

good point. The perp are not enough p2w type game. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Line wrote:

They could just produce more interference to limit the situations where there is 20 enemies, with 18 of them are in ewars and other 2 are dd and rem-rep

All EW bots need to have there interference about tripled from the values they are now.

Then ECM needs to be nerfed, basically, into the ground.  Suppression needs a small tweak. 

ECM now, perma jam all anything below 80.  This should never be the case, it should be around 50 percent without tuners.  Tuners are there to make you better at it, not to make it better at nothing as your already hitting 100 percent of the time anyway.

Adding anything remote will just promote more masked follows, with RR ECCM's and RSA's.

You do have several options, do what is suggested above.

Or do what is suggested above, add in a second "short" range Ecm, with the current in-game values.  Just make them short range.  75meters and less.  Gives flexibility to the small bots, and greater control with the mechs.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

112 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-17 10:03:18)

Fit ECCMs

Have your people train ewar too

The End.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

ECCM doesn't help much. And I hardly doubt this game was intended as "whos ewar fleet bigger".

114 (edited by Burial 2013-12-17 13:19:56)

I got 60/60 jamms on my Vagabond MK2(no tuners) against a non-ECCM h-mechs: http://sequer.nl/killboard/index.php?a= … l_id=41148

This game is EW online and has been from the time people actually got their EW skills close to maxed and tuners were released.

Where is EW defence? ECCM is crap.

Burial wrote:

I got 60/60 jamms on my Vagabond MK2(no tuners) against a non-ECCM h-mechs: http://sequer.nl/killboard/index.php?a= … l_id=41148

This game is EW online and has been from the time people actually got their EW skills close to maxed and tuners were released.

Good for you, you really should be getting 60/60 on a vaga mk2 vs mk1 heavy w/ no eccm. Look at the bonus for mk2 vaga. That should explain why your getting 60/60. The game is not heavy mech online it perpetuum. No one is telling you to stomp a heavy mech around. Your problem is your fleets are countered and you cant counter ours cry more.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Line wrote:

ECCM doesn't help much. And I hardly doubt this game was intended as "whos ewar fleet bigger".

Game wasn't intended to be ERP heavys/tyranos mk2 online but you wouldn't know it when you run in to a sap defence on a green island.

Thanks for proving a point Lobo. Vagabond MK2 should get 100% jamms on a Heavy or "it's a fail".

Wow really?    Heavy has no sensor strength --

Again fit an eccm and move on with your life.

You want to run around in your    100% rep tuners fits

well, too bad

derp

Burial wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

bots have strengths and weaknesses, heavy weakness is its sen str.

You have the option of adding ECCM.

Working as intended.

If you want to start a forums campaign against something, you need to be at least correct about it in the first place.

Burial wrote:

Thanks for proving a point Lobo. Vagabond MK2 should get 100% jamms on a Heavy or "it's a fail".

Wow 3 years this game has been out and ppl have fught and had funn but now in 2013/14 ew is broken eh?
I had my Ewar skills maxed out around the first 1.5 year

ECCM is not powerful enough. We need an active module with some sort of drawbacks that doesn't consume 2-3 head slots(Mesmer MK1 has only 4!).

I wouldn't really hope you to agree with anything that we say. We say moon is in the sky, you say it's on the ground, we say milk is white, you say it's blue. We say EW is overpowered and you say no. It's fine.

What I do hope is DEV Zoom here reading and seeing everything we and you wrote and adding some sort of counter. EW should be the support role not EW doing most of the job and few heavies being the "support".

I'm not talking about effectively removing EW from the field, just a counter that doesn't require 2-3 head slots.

You are so full of it.

You want to run around in min/max heavies and somehow have ewar nerfed to make things easier.

All you people ever do in this game is ask for easy.

I have an idea.  Try playing. 

We are sitting here in your allies island and you make excuses.  It isnt easy when there is an actual opponent huh?

Give Merkle a call, because you dont have what it takes.

Do you even know what me and others are suggesting in this thread?

Burial wrote:

Yeah obviously we do you can counter E-war fielded in equal numbers to your heavys so you want it nerfed.

Khadia Khan wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yeah obviously we do you can counter E-war fielded in equal numbers to your heavys so you want it nerfed.

Vaga deals with 2-3 bots. To counter E-war with numbers we need about 3-4x advantage. ECCM cuts that says in half so still we need 2 combats on each your ewar. But hey, it's way to easier to get in ewars too, turning this game in Ewar Online completely.