Re: EW needs nerf

The point you're absolutely not getting is that for an EWAR pilot, 62% is not good enough because that target isn't effectively neutralized. This means more EW modules need to be dedicated to that target, which in turn frees up other targets to do as they will.

Crayon version: It's not about zeniths or vagabonds. It's about how many EW modules are on the field, and how they're being applied.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

227 (edited by Burial 2013-12-23 17:38:36)

Zenith MK2
4 Suppressors, 2 ECM tuners
~200 EW strength

Mesmer Mk2
2 Sensor amps, 3 ECCMs
310 Sensor Strength

1 Suppressor lands around 65% of times leaving the Mesmer with 700m locking range but over 10sec locking time. When the other lands, all your locks will be broken and you will be sitting at 500m locking range and almost 20sec locking time(can be more but I can't get on test right now to verify).

Mesmer will be single suppressed 65% of times and double suppressed 42% of time. It have practically no range whatsoever and even though the fit was as well tanked against EW as possible(2 amps, 3 ECCMs afterall!) it's still out of the picture most of the time.

The problem is that even if you sacrifice practically all of the slots for EW resistance, you will STILL be out of the fight for more than half of the time. High slots are limited, we need an active mod that requires 1 slot.

Norrdec, I'm sure your solutions 2-3 years ago didn't factor in tuners.

229 (edited by Grond 2013-12-23 19:07:33)

Then use a goddamn mech if u dont want to get jamed all the time, heavy mechs arent meant to be able to *** around solo with and be a i win button. yarr

Ewar also dosnt do any damage just negates the enemy from doing damage back. So why shouldnt it hinder more than a single target, and its not a 100% sure thing to land? Ewar is a chance based game
Tuners makes the jammers/suppresors u have better but then it removes how many of them u can fit and with that removes how many of the enemy fleet u can negate the damage from. fuuu

Most fight happens at ~500m so that cuts how effective the suppressors are and in a team based game u cant balanse stuff on a 1v1 basis fuuu

How about we settle this.

You bring a vaga and I'll bring two mesmers and we will see who walks away.

Fitting for ECCM resistance completely gimps your other aspects on the bot or forces you to run a follow bot. This is where I'm trying to get. There needs to be a 1-slot item that works reasonably well!

Active ECCM
30sec active / 30sec cooldown
Adds 250 sensor strength

^ Still jammable and suppressable but bot isn't complete crap.

Kanogi.. bring a mech? You realise that Hmech can actually be fitted to sustain more EW? (Look at the Mesmer MK2). Mech is not something magical that is better and ECCM are not percentage but point based items so mech doesn't benefit from them more than a heavy does.

For 'real' PVP, players have no specific knowledge about what they are going to encounter in the engagement (expect for Bo-tang).

If side 1 fits Long-range DPS and the other side fits for short range, side 1 will have the advantage; or vice versa.

But you don't know!

If you're coming against CIR though, better fit ECCM, because we're going to be EW heavy. But that's a choice we make, Cookie tells me to undock in the Z-2 instead of my just-as-EP-leveled Seth2, because having EW instead of just brute force DPS gives him alot more flexability when FC'ing.

Still, before I undock, I need to decide if I'm going for single-target long range supression, or multiple med-range, and if I'm going to have RSA support or if I have to have my own head SA's.

What you mean single target long range? With 1 Range Extender and EW nexus your suppressor should already be 1000m+

Or you mean long range and completely out of whack range? big_smile

Think about the battle field, EW does not sit on the front line because they are squishy. Meaning, EW is going to be 300 to 400m behind OUR DPS, which is going to be 200-300m away from THEIR DPS. That means EW is going to be 500-700m away from the enemies SHORT-range DPS, but if we're fit for Long range, we need to reach behind their lines to supporess their EW so our DPS can work, which puts the range at 800-1200m to 'counter-ewar'.

If we don't expect the other side to have ewar, then we don't need that extra RE, but we still have to hit 500-700m at Medium range; and even then we're going to be targetable and have to stay LOS as we'll be in range of enemy DPS.

Actually good ewar just takes care of either the vanguard if they are pushing or the rear if they are retreating. It seems overpowered because its actually focused on the small amount of the fleet your aiming for that's in range.

If you have good range discipline this doesn't happen but when you slinky your fleet your goin have a bad time.

Last couple of times we went out, we had (4) Z-2's against an Ictus and another Z I think. Basically, we rolled with enough ewar that we could split roles and do both counter ew and front line supression. I can totally see how that would feel OP too, but we also ran into the problem where we lost 1 or 2 DPS and the rest couldn't break the front line tanks. Ewar at that point was just keeping us from being wiped, prolonging the battle in hopes the other side would make a mistake.

237 (edited by Norrdec 2013-12-23 22:32:28)

---> 1 ECCM = 40% less effective EW. <---

Fast ewar have since release been the counter to heavy plated. You haven't flown EW in real fights so it's understandable you have no clue what the difference is between "I got him" and "I'm not getting through". Putting ECM Tunings on a Zenith is lulzworthy.

Welcome to Perpetuum, glad you've finally joined us.

I'll take pity on you and give you some advice: If your heavies are getting EW'd to smithereens, consider fielding something else.

And just to reiterate what you're not really getting

---> EW counters Plated Heavy <---

Thats all you get, I ain't teaching you to play the damn game. Learn and adapt or die. Or QQ on teh forumz cuz EW too stronk! Plate y u no have EW resist!

Arga & co. plz don't teach feeders how to play, much more enjoyable to harvest tears and watch them whine.

Completely ignore what people are saying and keep spreading ignorant ***. That's what I expect from you and I'm not dissapointed. cool

Btw, did you fumble middle school math?

U see what they relly whant is to fit dps tuners and reptuners in to their heads so thats why EW is op.
They just dont feel that ECCM is a cool item because they cant do max dps or repairs in battle.

Also sugjesting a completly OP module whit 30 lolzy seconds of EW invunrability from ecm making EW negated whit just a *** click.  yeah because having that 1 mod that makes your entire fleet of Heavy Mechs invunrable for 30 seconds isnt completly overpowered.

Just saying EW mech is a hard counter to Heavy mechs  takes alot morre skilling and player skill to make it work.

Train ewar

All your pants on headers trained DPS

derp

Burial wrote:

Zenith MK2
4 Suppressors, 2 ECM tuners
~200 EW strength

Mesmer Mk2
2 Sensor amps, 3 ECCMs
310 Sensor Strength

1 Suppressor lands around 65% of times leaving the Mesmer with 700m locking range but over 10sec locking time. When the other lands, all your locks will be broken and you will be sitting at 500m locking range and almost 20sec locking time(can be more but I can't get on test right now to verify).

Mesmer will be single suppressed 65% of times and double suppressed 42% of time. It have practically no range whatsoever and even though the fit was as well tanked against EW as possible(2 amps, 3 ECCMs afterall!) it's still out of the picture most of the time.

The problem is that even if you sacrifice practically all of the slots for EW resistance, you will STILL be out of the fight for more than half of the time. High slots are limited, we need an active mod that requires 1 slot.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

The chars that do that have all their EP dumped in to these skills.

You can do the same instead of just training for mechs

derp

Burial wrote:

What you mean single target long range? With 1 Range Extender and EW nexus your suppressor should already be 1000m+

Or you mean long range and completely out of whack range? big_smile

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

242 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-24 01:45:29)

You want to play chess with all queens.

The games doesnt work that way.

nerf Ictus

nerf Long range Gropho

nerf Long range Seth

on and on and on

Train what you need to fight.

Didnt train it?

too bad

243 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-24 01:44:44)

Also, it isnt just the gear.

It is the pillot.

I rolled you guys with my Mk1 Zenith the other night and you had 3 Mk2 Ewar.

You guys did ok but not good enough.

That is pilot vs pilot.

Also, you may as well train an alt, Burial, when you are on the field you are going to get most of the ewar attention just to keep your dps off our bots.

Burial wrote:

Completely ignore what people are saying and keep spreading ignorant ***. That's what I expect from you and I'm not dissapointed. cool

Btw, did you fumble middle school math?

Completely ignore what people are saying and keep spreading ignorant *** to metagame Devs into giving you some perceived "i-win" button to spam heavies.

People with brains already solved the riddle 3 years ago with good old fashioned system integration. Keep trying to solve the riddle by applying middle school math, eventually you'll discover that the whole is greater then the sum of it's parts.

https://sequer.nl/killboard/index.php?a … l_id=41329

3 out of 13 looks like ECCMs work just fine.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Nerf my Iktus. It's op

Nerf twitch gamers!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Nerf Dota 2 players reaction time!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

U can friend me in steam for occasional and inadequate and funny dota 2 pubs.