Re: - Spark Teleport - Power Projection - Now with poll!

I have an idea:

What about that if we just can spark teleport to one beta island?
So at least 3rd the possibilitieas like now.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Martha Stuart wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

so because you don't like it the devs should change it right?

This is the exact argument your side is making.  "We don't like that the enemy alliance can defend all of their Beta's so we think the DEV's should change it.  We liked it when we could do it, but now that it is used against us its broken and overpowered".  Sound familiar?

The only person who's argument is even remotely unbiased is Arga.  But my major gripe with his arguments is he is arguing against a system that he has never used or lived under.

I was pointing out that now you guys are complaining about something and using the same argument you used with the "Oh we should change cause you don't like it."

It's not about you guys being able to defend your outposts. And btw, I wasn't around when spark teleports were implemented, so I never used it against you guys. Besides, what I've been arguing for is a pretty descent compromise for everyone. 10 minute undock timer on beta only. Everyone keeps their sparks to gamma and alpha with no cooldown. No cooldown to spark to or from an outpost on beta, but also no instant undock heavy mech pwnage squads either. You must commit yourself to an outpost for defense. You also must commit yourself early.

It works the same way for everyone and we'll have to live with it same as you. The biggest thing I've been against is sparking anywhere instantly AND being able to undock a fleet of heavy mechs instantly. Now you guys can show how mature you are and agree that a compromise is needed here. This shouldn't hamper your ability to defend the stations you have if you can still field the fleets, but it WILL stop people spark ganking, which is the part I feel is overpowered.

I have an idea too:

We have an extension that allows up to 10 spark slots.

All alpha 1 outposts cost 1 spark slot
All alpha 2 outposts cost 2 spark slots
All pvp zone outposts cost 3 spark slots (betas & gammas)

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Martha Stuart wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

This is the exact argument your side is making.  "We don't like that the enemy alliance can defend all of their Beta's so we think the DEV's should change it.  We liked it when we could do it, but now that it is used against us its broken and overpowered".  Sound familiar?

The only person who's argument is even remotely unbiased is Arga.  But my major gripe with his arguments is he is arguing against a system that he has never used or lived under.

Actually we gave clear, accurate and precise reasons why it is broken.  The only rebuttal has been, "I'm lazy and I want EZ Mode".  Pants on head go!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

130 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-15 21:07:13)

Ville wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Actually we gave clear, accurate and precise reasons why it is broken.  The only rebuttal has been, "I'm lazy and I want EZ Mode".  Pants on head go!

Yes, you only gave those reasons after you started getting beat down, loseing fights, gammas, beta OP's.  This is my point about all of your holier than thou white knight crap won't someone think of the children BS.  You enjoyed the system perfectly fine until it started working against you.  You gave your precise reasons of why you were losing and how the DEVs could make it better for you, disguised as a we are trying to fix the problem.  There is a major difference.  If from the onset of SpT, you were saying this I would agree with you, but you didn't.  You used the system to your advantage and now that you can't, its suddenly broken.

Everything you are suggesting only makes it harder for us to defend our turf, and easier for you to take it.  This isn't about new players or longevity.  Its about you want the "Easy button" as you love to call it.  Field the fleets, take the stations, enjoy the benefits.  Without your big buddies in CIR your side is to incompetent to accomplish anything.  Hence the situation we have now.  If your fiends were still here we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Smokeyii wrote:

It works the same way for everyone and we'll have to live with it same as you.

the crux of why i think all of your arguments are wrong.  The system we have now is the same for everyone.  you just don't control any Beta's.  do the work to get them, then enjoy the advantages.

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

Not a bad idea at all, I think the spark tele isnt all bad, but a bit over powered beeing able to cover too much of the world at once. smile

133 (edited by Cassius 2013-11-15 21:29:04)

Ville wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Your reasons are your opinions, not facts, I too have my opinions, not facts, on whats wrong with the game. I don't think SpT is one of the root causes, I think its a symptom magnified by the current game state. No pants on head, or hidden political adgenda here.

You haven'tproven anything yet, and I guess neither have we since we still have this discussion.

"it was broken when you used it, so we should be able to use it too" isn't saying that it's not broken, only that it isn't 'fair'.

If it wasn't fair for "A" to use it, then its not fair for "B". Or more to the point, not fair for "C" that had no part in "A" or "B".

At some point, the broken mechanic has to be changed, and somone is going to end up feeling screwed. But after 15 years of MMO's I think we all know that's the case with any change.

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

I like this idea too. Actually at this point I could be convinced to limit spark targets to 1 or 2 without usage limits, remove&reimburse the extension and be done with this smile

136 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 03:49:20)

Will you consider removing blood sparking too?
How about std beacon to 1U?

137 (edited by Shadowmine 2013-11-16 04:06:46)

This is good idea, if used in conjunction with the advanced spark teleport skill. Otherwise, outposts for everyone and no pvp to be had anywhere. sad

Edit: And man do the indy guys get screwed, huh?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

I like this idea too. Actually at this point I could be convinced to limit spark targets to 1 or 2 without usage limits, remove&reimburse the extension and be done with this smile

It would deff be a start. I think new corps like RAD and steam release corps would actually get some room to breath. but im sure many STC and friends will yell about the end of pvp its not fair then game will die ect. I think the game will get back some of its former glory. This is not a FPS if u want instant action go play one. This is a mmo sandbox where getting kills should take some effort and not just some death match arena. there will always be pvp with epi on betas and newer corps coming in at steam release needing it branching out a trying to grab a slice of there own.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

139 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 12:09:58)

Here is the old teleport network: http://cloud.imidero.net/repository/old … etwork.png

That was movement before Spark Teleports. Now we might be forced to start moving with the current teleport network. People back then used to whine about traveling when you could move from any island to another one with few teleports, but what about now?

Notice how you can get pretty much anywhere from any island with 1 teleport chain and 1-2 beacons.

I'm not saying the idea is bad, I really feel indifferent, but the network needs a closer look and so do beacons.

Burial wrote:

Here is the old teleport network: http://cloud.imidero.net/repository/old … etwork.png

That was movement before Spark Teleports. Now we might be forced to start moving with the current teleport network. People back then used to whine about traveling when you could move from any island to another one with few teleports, but what about now?

I'm not saying the idea is bad, I really feel indifferent, but the network needs a closer look and so do beacons.

u could give people a million dollars and they would still complain. people are just lazy

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

TBH Dev Zoom, I think Mongolia's idea is better. It is still more limiting than the current system forcing corps to choose what gamma / beta terminals they really want, but more flexible for industrialists that never go to the PvP zones but want spark access to markets across Alphas (or are remote buy / sell orders going to be possible along with some kind of contract system???). I think Mongolia's suggestion would also work better for the new players coming in by allowing them to have one or two sparks on Alpha 1 very quickly and as they grow they can delete those sparks and start setting them appropriately at a beta and / or gamma terminal if they chose to join a corp that has such a presence. Whether it is DOY, JOKE, PHM, RAWR, REMEDY, STC, or others, we all have at least one gamma base, one beta terminal, and something else where we have a spark set and use (note to the critics of this statement I am not saying that you may own all these things, but you or someone in your corp / alliance does use them). The only difference is that it would be three potential sparks in the PvP zones (assuming the extension is trained up to the appropriate level), rather than the one or two you suggest. Either way it would drastically change the nature of Spark Teleporting. As for what kind of impact this will have we can only speculate until the change is made and we see what everyone does.

\o/         good ideas!

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

Sounds good to me. That would allow alpha / gamma transfer and people who owned stations would still have a blood spark advantage.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

gammas should not be that expensive. its your outpost that ou have built. gammas should be as alphas.

no problem with betas beeing more expensive.

145 (edited by Inda 2013-11-16 09:30:45)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

I like it Mongolia good one! Make it DEVs.

Improvements:

-owned beta op your corp (1 slot or 2)
-owned gamma op your corp (1 slot or 2)

Zoom DO IT !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

*** making it complicated, just nerf it to 2 and refund the ep

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Just don't forget to limit or remove blood sparking.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

148 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 12:49:01)

Funny thing is that these guys will be gone in a month or two tops and we will have to live with whatever system that's going to get implemented. big_smile

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

I like this idea, tho i still think a cool down after use is needed.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Inda wrote:

Mongolia Jones wrote:

I have an idea too:

I like it Mongolia good one! Make it DEVs.

Improvements:

-owned beta op your corp (1 slot or 2)
-owned gamma op your corp (1 slot or 2)

Zoom DO IT !

Erm no and Gammas shuld have a high spark slot aswell as beta.....    stopp whit the safe havens and paradises..

Changing spark to a diffrent station shuld also have a cool down.