Re: Epriton to be removed from gamma islands

Chemist wrote:
Ville wrote:

Adding to chemist post:  Tree from bush grow hands from ***.  Purple donkey fire hydrant goat blood leaf ash.  Giant heave go must tractor irony destroy cactus.  Simplistic junction river moat divide multitude canyon bridge.

big_smile
You're the only one who understands
me.
big_smile

<3

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Oh here is an alternate way.

Make it so that Beta outposts are producing epriton automatically for their owner only. That would give a reason for having one, fight for it, fight for disrupting enemy economics etc. Then there will be hauling to gamma, roamers will get their food too. Make the same thing on Gammas with special kind of facility and for Noralgis. Then yes, remove epri from Gammas and forbid nora on Betas. That should give enough trade and traffic between those two, risky and tasty. And still, you need to mine/harvest non-rare material.

As an additional, make rare resources racial, that will make things even funnier and probably will stick ppl to their races or force them to fight for more islands/terminals.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

228 (edited by Burial 2013-09-05 21:17:04)

Line wrote:

Make it so that Beta outposts are producing epriton automatically for their owner only. That would give a reason for having one, fight for it, fight for disrupting enemy economics etc. Then there will be hauling to gamma, roamers will get their food too. Make the same thing on Gammas with special kind of facility and for Noralgis. Then yes, remove epri from Gammas and forbid nora on Betas. That should give enough trade and traffic between those two, risky and tasty. And still, you need to mine/harvest non-rare material.

As an additional, make rare resources racial, that will make things even funnier and probably will stick ppl to their races or force them to fight for more islands/terminals.

That's not a bad idea(passive beta epri), IF:
- The amount per 24h is small
- There are ways for other sides to disrupt those miners / even put them on stand still.

Bad thing is that it seriously encourages big powerblocks to hold as many outposts as they can, without actually having any use for them other than passive Epriton. Of course if attackers can effortlessly disrupt unprotected passive Epriton mining I don't see it being that big issue. If you have SAPs to protect and passive miners, it becomes tiresome with too many islands.

Static epi spawns would make stations worth something to a corp to take. Passive epi is the opposite and dumb.

Line wrote:

Dumbest.  Idea.  Ever.  No wonder CIR kicked you out.

Burial wrote:
Line wrote:

That's not a bad idea(passive beta epri), IF:
- The amount per 24h is small
- There are ways for other sides to disrupt those miners / even put them on stand still.

Bad thing is that it seriously encourages big powerblocks to hold as many outposts as they can, without actually having any use for them other than passive Epriton. Of course if attackers can effortlessly disrupt unprotected passive Epriton mining I don't see it being that big issue. If you have SAPs to protect and passive miners, it becomes tiresome with too many islands.

This sounds like a very familiar problem from cousin steve that was heavily nerfed lately for this exact reason. Large ammounts of passive income just leads to a big blue donut napfest and alliances holding territory not to use it but only to receive passive income.

You should need to be active in your territory to receive bennefits from it.

A small ammount of passive income is ok though, it just can't be overdone. It should be a perk, not the reason to own an outpost itself.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Chemist wrote:
Tux wrote:

Epriton needs to be removed from Gamma structures when its removed from Gamma Islands

Epriton and colix needs to be removed from t4/structures, because i can't build it on alpha...

sarcasm. it's your problem. mine on beta or leave gamma.

Obviously because were the only corp who has Gamma territory still standing wink (/adds another layer of sarcasm)

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Some people search for the logic in the devs decisions
Some people theory craft situations to try to influence devs decisions
Some people voice their opinions about changes that will effect game play

Others just troll .. .

Change is going to happen in this game .. the best change improves the population, general game play and the over all player experience ... If you agree that this change will provide a better player experience .. understanding its drawbacks then its good ..

I'm not against the change but the game needs more than moving minerals around to "improve" it.

Tux wrote:

Obviously because were the only corp who has Gamma territory still standing wink (/adds another layer of sarcasm)

Because you are not interesting. 8-]

Ville wrote:

Dumbest.  Idea.  Ever.  No wonder CIR kicked you out.

I've left by myself. But you go whine about spark tp cooldown in that another thread, still better than this trolling attempt.

236 (edited by Hunter 2013-09-06 11:34:59)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I didn't want to say this because it would have seemed like some hidden intention with purely this goal, but tbh I also hate to see T4 becoming the de facto standard equipment.

Hmm intereting. About who this rule?
My corp often shoot in t1/t2. - Loves shoot stuff under TMB.
Of course they suffers disadvantage sometime, but this is not a big deal for us.

BTW: I have to share with you some secret. Your strike on epi actualy will be strike on newbies. They are really suck soon. Because the strong alliances will stop Epi export. More than: you will push out veterans to betas. So newbies will totally suck. Impossible to buy and impossible to mine because of angry veterans on betas.
How do you think? How many times newbie will die before leaving your game?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Oh btw speaking about mk2 and t4 - if you didn't planned ppl use them as a standart, why did you guys made them better then? Atm best tier-balanced items in the game are t2 and t3 light lasers.

I think that would be better idea to increase mineral amount on alpha islands. Especialy on alpha-1 islands.
Now Alpha-1 is a desert. Best trade hubs on Alpha-2 islands because of it safe and close to betas.

But actualy Alpha-1 islands are visiting card. In another words - it first thing that newbies seen. So need enough good conditions for ppl.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Alpha2s are trading hubs because they have best production bonuses in safe environment.

240 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-09-06 12:56:32)

lol i think this thread could be classed as a threadnaught

i just got a sense of dejavu ... some thing about titan ore on alpha only ....

So Zoom when are we going to finally get a real freight bot in this game?
As a small aside ... make it so i cant loot out of field cans. station to station hauling only.

But no really this might bring back inpart the usefulness of beta, tho i think beta still needs more love.

Also remove Walls 2.0.

@ Tux you could use every COLOUR in the rainbow & it still wont make what your saying relevant smile

241 (edited by Burial 2013-09-06 14:31:47)

I think minerals need to get their volume divided by 2-3 and commodities by 4-6.

Right now, it's not very feasible to mine and haul with just your mining bot alone. If devs want to promote solo ninja Epriton mining then it's something to probably look into. Way harder to pull it off if you have to go back to the field container with a Sequer or just bad mechanic if you have to use an alt.

If mineral volume gets divided by 3 then Argano can fit 450k Epriton and Termis can fit 900k. Not bad at for small ninja operation if Epriton price is 15-20NIC.

Currently, T1 fit Argano sets you back about 400k and filled with 15NIC Epriton you make back 2.25m. It's not too bad but if you calculate in the time you spend preparing and mining, plus all the expenses it's not that good anymore, not to mention theres a chance you will die.

242 (edited by Gunner 2013-09-06 14:41:10)

Come to me, my pretties -

smile  smile         ( I almost fell over in my chair when Khader told me the news)   

This is very positive news for game balance.

Check off another item from the list.

It Doesnt matter what color i post in the facts are the same .. . Just as gunner stated this has positive sides ... but it also isnt a "fix" its just a kicking the can down the road to hopefully retain players and increase player activity. This is what zoom said as its stated goal.

Homer J Simpson wrote:

lol i think this thread could be classed as a threadnaught

i just got a sense of dejavu ... some thing about titan ore on alpha only ....

So Zoom when are we going to finally get a real freight bot in this game?
As a small aside ... make it so i cant loot out of field cans. station to station hauling only.

But no really this might bring back inpart the usefulness of beta, tho i think beta still needs more love.

Also remove Walls 2.0.

@ Tux you could use every COLOUR in the rainbow & it still wont make what your saying relevant smile

Tuxs post:  I want cheese with my whine.

Ville wrote:

Ville you mis understand me ... this will only give me time to take a break from production and focus more on pvp ... I fully intend to take advantage of the changes wink But i do look forward to the whine that will be spewing on the Spark Teleport Thread once these changes happen .. .

I just hope this decision is not final.

RIP PERPETUUM

247 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-06 19:53:37)

DEV Zoom wrote:

The reason for this change is that with the introduction of gamma islands the role and importance of betas has changed.

Beta has a good role to play , missions/tokens, fastest way to get beacons as well as SAP loot. Nothing has changed. Its a good zone for early pvp adopters to learn the ropes, but you just painted a big target on 6 islands.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Gammas turned out to be too self-sustaining, while the reasons to have a constant beta presence for corporations became pretty optional.

Self-sustaining gamma is why there are still players left in this game, the optional beta presence is because of spark teleport, we still need beta for research, there could be much to improve in this area, nerfing gamma to help beta is not a wise option.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Our hope is that with this change betas can again become an important part of the game's PvP mechanics like they once used to be.

'As they once used to be', is why you lost so many players before, which killed pvp. Are we really moving in circles with this?

RIP PERPETUUM

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

Ville you mis understand me ... this will only give me time to take a break from production and focus more on pvp ... I fully intend to take advantage of the changes wink But i do look forward to the whine that will be spewing on the Spark Teleport Thread once these changes happen .. .

Sounds like crying in the other threads... "Oh please remove epi from colixum based commodities....please, I'm so lazy" ....  That's all I read from you.  Suck it up nancy.

249 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-09-06 20:09:33)

Ville wrote:
Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

Sounds like crying in the other threads... "Oh please remove epi from colixum based commodities....please, I'm so lazy" ....  That's all I read from you.  Suck it up nancy.

From the guy crying about spark teleports?  sniff sniff.  Anyone else smell that?  Ville has the distinct smell of hypocrisy and shame.

I & many others are looking forward to this change for increase in pvp ... <~~ do i need to put it in colors for you to understand??

This change does not go far enough to fix problems and promote new players to join the game as I, YOU & others have stated. 

Either you just dont/cant read or you have nothing better to do than troll .. keep it coming tongue

Ville wrote:

I think the point is shifting the safety net some.  I hate to sound like Hunter but....  The only real thing that will increase population is new content for the vets OR a direct funnel of new players into the game.

Ville wrote:
Tux wrote:
Ville wrote: