Re: EW needs nerf

Only Mk2 Ictus are viable to use as a effective Pusher.

Good Luck trying that on a regular Ictus.

I still think the problem lies in the tuners itself.  As well as a small, very small nerf to the ECM values.  Or a small buff to ECCM values.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

And only trioar mk2s can tackle.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Merkle wrote:

Only Mk2 Ictus are viable to use as a effective Pusher.

Good Luck trying that on a regular Ictus.

I still think the problem lies in the tuners itself.  As well as a small, very small nerf to the ECM values.  Or a small buff to ECCM values.

This sounds reasonable. Any ideas how much?

Remote ECCM would be interesting.  I'm with Merkle the tunnings are out of whack.

Posting on a deviation thread for:

A) Spark teleport

B) The player gap

RIP PERPETUUM

I would much rather let the Dev Team at a harder look at this issue. 

I personally think ECMs with Tuners should use far more acc then they currently do.  (I think with out as well.)

R - ECCM's would spice things up a I think as well.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

While remote ECCM is not a bad idea, it's again something that benefits people who drag a follow bot along the way.

A bunch of new sparks with sensor strength bonuses would be nice addition to any system btw

Well sparks would be a completely differing issue.   As there are several gaps in the spark area.  As in higher relation sparks.  Good ideas however.   I look forward to see what the Dev Team can come up with.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

ummmm

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+m+s … 8a273d.png

Ill step out on a limb and say Ew balance is all about how fittings are done and everything can be countered wink

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

ummmm

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+m+s … 8a273d.png

Ill step out on a limb and say Ew balance is all about how fittings are done and everything can be countered wink

^

Although Minute adjustments may be justified nothing should change to the system.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

i think it would be cool to see the system diversified

63 (edited by Burial 2013-09-16 19:55:47)

Speed advantage
EW mech is about 10kmph faster than combat mech and 15kmph faster than combat heavy if all are using lightweight frames.

Range advantage
Similar base range as HCL lasers and missiles, but gets a nexus that gives 29% to range.

LOS advantage
Absolutely no need to have any LOS.

Efficiency advantage
1 EW bot can shut down 2 other bots.

Visibility advantage
Masked EW mech is seen by heavy at 400-450m and 600-650m by combat mechs. Alone it's not bad but in combination with above it is.

... so don't tell EW(Vagabonds and Zeniths) is not overpowered.

Unless those two other bots counter fitted for ewar.  Burial if you nerf ewar nexus the first real battle your vagabonds will have to be in front, taking direct fire from every heavy.

Whatever makes those bots weaker work. With 15% EW nexus they still have way too much range(560m+), not to mention no LOS issues.

560 is not much range.

67 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 13:35:28)

That's with no range extenders.

What's your locking range w/o rsas?

69 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 17:42:26)

My usual Vagabond MK2 fit for roaming mech PVP is 2 ECM, 2 suppressor, masker and local amp if I don't have anyone to RSA with.

With 1 local amp I get 760m+ locking range. Only bots that see me are the ones I lock. I'm faster than them and I don't need any LOS.

Balanced. roll

I will write it here again: Between vets it won't matter if its balanced or not because they can field whats needed - EP isn't an issue. I'm trying to balance it against combat bots, the bots that newbies are likely to field.

Burial wrote:

I'm trying to balance it against combat bots, the bots that newbies are likely to field.

What Ville is trying to say, is if you balance Veteren EW toward Newbie combat, then Vet combat is going to roflstomp it.

71 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 19:19:46)

With combats, they have a chance to atleast kill something. With EW as is right now, they will easily be completely overwhelmed and it only gets worse each time someone dies.

There needs to be something done to ease that. Passive ECCM module right now is a joke and reduces getting ECMed chance only about 10% on a heavy(from 50 to 40). Suppressor has a lot higher strength and lands a lot better too, making ECCM even less useful. MK1 mech has 3 to 4 head slots and 1 will most likely be amp. Even with full rack of ECCMs, they will still get suppressed and ECM even though having sacrificed that much on range / damage.

I have suggested it from the start to add an active ECCM module that drains energy like masker(some amount * surface size per second) or like detector(30sec effect time with 30 second cooldown).

Just something to combat it.

72 (edited by Ville 2013-09-17 19:54:09)

There's three kinds of fits with many sub divisions: 

1.  Situational fits:  Brawler/Pusher, Range and ERP
2.  Roaming fits:  Cookie Cutter light nimble fits
3.  I have no idea what I'm doing fits:  Three sensor amps, kains with no repper and seismic plates, anything Beastmode fits, and Tyrannos with no shield.

Your taking a situational ewar fit against a roaming combat fits.  To counter your masked ewar target markers are used.  If I want to counter your ewar I will stack ECCMs.  But if I do that then I'm gimped in other aspects!  Correct then you supplement with other fits like ERP.  Or Seth's with 17k HP with demobing zenith w/ target markers.  We did that back in the day.  Fit for your target.

73 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 20:26:58)

You see how far it all goes just to have even slight chance to catch that one ewar bot? You need target market bot, demobbing zenith and then pray that the EW bot isn't using cover so heavies can shoot him before he gets away. That's atleast 3 bots!

You are yet again comparing vet vs vet fights for balance. I'm not arguing here, they are balanced because both sides can field whatever is needed to get the job done. If EW is overpowered, they will field them, but et me make it really clear with you for the third time: Ewar bots are too powerful when comparing to combat bots. Counters against them are bad, they have all the advantages. Facts are in this thread.

Ville wrote:

If I want to counter your ewar I will stack ECCMs.

Stacking ECCMs works only if you have enough head slots. In the case of MK2 heavy with RSA-follow, it works decently. In the case of a MK1 heavy or MK1 mech who needs 1 slot for the local amp, it doesn't. ECCM is too weak.

I'm not saying all the solutions need to be applied and nerf EW to the point it's not used at all, but there needs to be added something to the game to combat it or nerf it.

Burial wrote:

I'm not saying all the solutions need to be applied and nerf EW to the point it's not used at all, but there needs to be added something to the game to combat it or nerf it.

If ewar isn't effective, that is nerfed to the point it is easily countered, then it's useless. Why? Because combat KILLS things, ewar doesn't. Countered Ewar is dead ewar, suppressed combat is still capable of being 100% effective after ewar is removed.

75 (edited by Burial 2013-09-17 20:59:14)

I agree with that. There needs to be a balance.

Active module requiring either a lot of accumulator or having 30s/30s active/cooldown would have some drawbacks to their good sides while making it possible to co-ordinate the anti-EW duration for some kills atleast.

Whatever the solution, I hope devs design it to be easily usable by newbies(no remote mods etc).

My full tuner Mesmer Mk2 can only reach 811m max btw.