Re: Spark Teleports

WTH

Not even a full page over the weekend!?!?!

*sniffle*

Could it be the horse has stopped twitching sad

The fat lady is singing.

678 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-27 19:16:08)

It's being taken care of.

Enjoy the unlimited travel while you can.

The damage is already done though.

I think we need Advanced Spark Teleportation skill.

Burial wrote:

+1

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Burial wrote:

10 sparks isnt enough for you?

20 would be.. maybe. smile

683 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-27 23:50:38)

Instant travel, whilst undetected with zero risk involved, sure add 20 more. Maybe later we could make it all even easier and add instant manufacturing and mining too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Don't forget the ability to turn off Gamma teleporters.

Burial wrote:

20 would be.. maybe. smile

seams a bit easy mode if you ask me. 20 would give you a spark on nearly every island in game lol

Celebro wrote:

Instant travel, whilst undetected with zero risk involved, sure add 20 more. Maybe later we could make it all even easier and add instant manufacturing and mining too.

Says the guy who is suggesting mining beacons to generate fields where ever we want then smile

687 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-28 15:06:24)

Martha Stuart wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Says the guy who is suggesting mining beacons to generate fields where ever we want then smile

It's to empower the choice made by players, not to make it easy mode, unlike sparks which has no rules or any drawbacks whatsoever. You still fail to make a good argument in favour of instant teleportation, thinking that it promotes pvp when actually it hinders it, as explained by myself, Arga, Ville, Lemon, Gunner and many others.

RIP PERPETUUM

No more spark need. Not today. Maybe when 30-40 islands...

689 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-08-30 07:05:02)

Gunner wrote:

Anyway you cut it, getting 7 missions in less than 10 seconds and completing them in about 2 minutes its pretty unintended.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Yes, and I had to walk back to retake the mission as the Devs intended.

But the point is the abuse. Those assignments were abused in a way the Devs certainly didn't intend and still can be, I believe. Spark teleport did not start assignment abuse.

sorry dude I don't know anyone  turning missions that fast. it's more like 4 mission and it takes 15 minutes or so. And if it's the hauler mission then it takes about an hour or so to setup.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

690 (edited by Celebro 2013-08-30 15:04:54)

Spark teleport changes needed: 1minute per 1km teleported, charge up time, that is before you spark.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Spark teleport changes needed: 1minute per 1km teleported, charge up time, that is before you spark.

I agree that some sort of charge up time would not be bad at all, but 1minute per 1km is too much. I don't want to wait 157 minutes to jump between our main stations on gamma.

The charge up time should not be linear. It should vary from 1 minute to maximum 10 minutes for longer(100km+) jumps.

From the first page: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/82875/#p82875

Burial wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I agree that some sort of charge up time would not be bad at all, but 1minute per 1km is too much. I don't want to wait 157 minutes to jump between our main stations on gamma.

The charge up time should not be linear. It should vary from 1 minute to maximum 10 minutes for longer(100km+) jumps.

From the first page: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/82875/#p82875

There needs to be a way to apply distance to the charge up time, bare in mind the 'ocean' distance is included in the calculation, maybe this could be removed, and more connected with the time it takes to travel by foot.

Also if there could be a way to connect this per station instead of per agent so you can do stuff there whilst you wait, even opened to squad members, so even a member can open the spark before you log in, with a limitation of members that can go through the same charge up.

RIP PERPETUUM

Spark teleport needs no cooldown. I don't play perpetuum to sit in a station waiting...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

1 hr.  very fair.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Shadowmine wrote:

Spark teleport needs no cooldown. I don't play perpetuum to sit in a station waiting...

Then press the 'undock' button.

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Then press the 'undock' button.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I agree with a cooldown.

5 seconds maybe.

You don't make stealth/instant travel because travel is boring or tedious you try to improve travel times, implement a working auto pilot system, sparking instantly is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

RIP PERPETUUM

Unlimited ninja-sparking to any place? No!

700 (edited by Burial 2013-08-30 18:57:35)

Doek wrote:

I agree with a cooldown.

5 seconds maybe.

I agree too, but I think that's atleast 1 second too long.

Here, let me get you an example..