701 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-08-30 19:02:34)

Re: Spark Teleports

Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Spark teleport needs no cooldown. I don't play perpetuum to sit in a station waiting...

Then press the 'undock' button.

Then press the "Log in" button

Martha Stuart wrote:
Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Spark teleport needs no cooldown. I don't play perpetuum to sit in a station waiting...

Then press the "Log in" button

That is like one of those sayings, where you swap it around and it sounds deep, but really has no meaning.

"Live to eat instead of eat to live"

703 (edited by Cassius 2013-08-30 19:49:47)

Ville wrote:
Arga wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

+1

Maybe both you and Arga should try the "login" button.

Edit: lol didn't get to the end before I saw Martha used the burn already.  STC wins the forums!

I'm online every day ***.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:
Arga wrote:

+1

Maybe both you and Arga should try the "login" button.

Edit: lol didn't get to the end before I saw Martha used the burn already.  STC wins the forums!

That is like one of those sayings, where you swap it around and it sounds deep, but really has no meaning.

"Live to eat instead of eat to live"

(No reason to think of anything new)

**29 pages

Just ... a ... few ... more

Ville wrote:

I'm online every day ***.

I don't play on Alpha, sorry.

I know, having your head up someone's *** 24/7 most be a *** job wink

Let me ask you this Cassius the brain scholar, why should I play this game now?  I've already has this conversation with multiple people.

Fighting the same people over and over and over and over gets boring.

Recruitment in this game is resorting to a sales pitch in private pms to 5 hour old players.

Territory controls not possible with unlimited blob clicks at every point.

I literally have enough equipment to last me months.

I have end game bots and able to farm high end spawns solo.

I personally have 80% of the research tree.

So what is there to do?  Make friends?  With who lol?  Convince old vets to come back to experience all the same content to get bored and leave again making them further dislike the game?

Why should I rally 5 dudes to try to pvp to get rotflstomped by 10?

I can't apply pressure on my enemys Industry to curb the amassing of goods because its behind a wall...  That's out the picture.

All that's left is a two sided war of who can bring the most dudes.  It will always be king of the hill in the end and always has.

Hell if it wasn't for some dudes bored waiting on repop the outposts wouldn't be getting hit on Beta.

And you expect for me to just aimlessly login to herp derp come kill me, here I am.  Come get free loots.  How *** can you be? 

Well STC did it!  No, no you didn't.  You waited till everyone slowly left and got bored.  You didn't earn anything.  There was no giant fight over an outpost.  There were no 100s of players defending their alliance.

So mister Cassius, I hope Steam brings fresh faces but it will only ever be two sides fighting each other..  Till one gets bored or conquered and then we will go right back to a month ago were nothing happens but people sitting in TS talking about how fun the Alsbale fights were and how this game got so *** up.

710 (edited by Burial 2013-08-30 23:15:19)

Ville you are burnt out, that's all. Take a break and come back when you feel the game interests you again.

A Tsunami can cause wide spread devastation  for a moment then people re build :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5vdhfCIyZcw/T … 20x346.jpg

A constant river can build one of the greats & lasting wonders of the world :

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Gua … in-008.jpg

Don't think because there was not one grand point of kinetic impact that there was not massive amounts of work being done behind the scenes.

Your yearns for large scale epic battles is funny because they most likely will not happen precisely due the the attitude you have taken "Why play" the less people that play the less chance there is for large scale battles.

Dont forget 99% of the large scale battles in this games history have been revolved around 2 sides more or less. Even in the early hoop days there was not 3 or 4 major forces that could all stand toe to toe with one another that were all on different sides. Less than 6 months after the games release there was already 2 major political powers M2S and CIR.. the present state of the game has moved along way but some actors stay the same with the same old beefs.

Do you really expect anything to change with out another industrial power house coming in to the game. Because honestly that alone is what is going to be needed to change the dynamics of the game. Industry makes or breaks corps, if you have no base then you will surely not be able to compete pvp wise with anyone.

Im sure your beta adventures will keep you guys busy for a while but in all honestly you guys really need to get better organized and try to do something not just spin your wheels with mindless pvp and pointless beta saps or the little bit of people who you still have left are just going to burn out and leave.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

712 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-08-30 22:37:38)

Ville wrote:

Well STC did it!  No, no you didn't.  You waited till everyone slowly left and got bored.  You didn't earn anything.  There was no giant fight over an outpost.

Have you forgotten last December/January? There were a good number of giant fights over a couple of outposts. Try Dec 22nd to about Jan 5th.

Neither side could sustain that for a much longer period. That's the nature of these wars, lots of small battles and skirmishes and occasionally some brutal massive fights.

Its just that after that particular set of big battles one side sort of lost their spirit and gave up. And you can't blame SPT - STC/NeBs were locked out of those outposts. If I'd been kicked out of a couple of outposts and lost all those MK2s I'd want to get even.

Burial:  I am taking a break.  When Repop launches.

Tux:  Not rebuilding.  No people.

Ludlow you weren't there for 90% of it.

Next.

Oh, you remember now do you? Enjoy your break, Ville, you need it; you're losing your touch.

30 pages yet?

Grr!!

Just dropping by to say despite all the other power projection problems there is a obvious reason the cooldown is 24 hours in EVE

o/

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

What is this EVE thing that everyone talks about? I could have sworn this game was called Perpetuum...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

What is this EVE thing that everyone talks about? I could have sworn this game was called Perpetuum...

Glad you asked that question, let me explain for you lol

Its a game that Perpetuum is highly derivative of (so much so that you might as well flip that sentence around) that takes even longer to travel from end to end than Perpetuum yet has a 24h cool down on its "spark teleport" because of the absurd amount of power projection it would enable.

Some time in the past AC balanced things around a decent number of people playing the game but come the time of walls/spark teleport/gamma that changed to keep the last remaining players in game.

So yeah, terribly broken mechanic and the only justification for it is basically "game is dead till steam might as well leave it in there so all 10 of us can PvP"

o/ Sun

Awesome, back to comparing apples and oranges again. Pretty sure we went through this back on pages 13-17...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Shadowmine wrote:

Awesome, back to comparing apples and oranges again. Pretty sure we went through this back on pages 13-17...

Apples to apples, its really not difficult to grasp. Its like comparing WoW to Rift. They have some differences but their core game play is almost exactly the same.

Right, cuz transportation is the same in EVE and perp. I don't even play EVE and I know you cant compare how movement and transportation work between the 2 games. But whatever, if you wanna figure it out, go back and read the previous 28 pages.

Sundial wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Apples to apples, its really not difficult to grasp. Its like comparing WoW to Rift. They have some differences but their core game play is almost exactly the same.

Except no its not. EVE is designed for hundreds of thousands of players.  Perp is not.  This alone makes Perp a different game in practice.  On paper they share many game mechanics, but the size and scope is completely different.  It would be like comparing Starcraft to Supreme Commader.  Yes they are both RTS games. Yes they share many mechanics, but in practice they are radically different games in terms of strategy, scope, and speed.  Things that work in one do not necessarily transfer over well to the other.

Sundial wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

What a joke ... sure both are "sandbox" games but aside from that there are very different games... its like comparing a Fighter jet to a tank... sure both are in the military but they are two completely different animals wink

I played eve for many many years i know what Im talking about .... even the core mechanics are different i would go as far as to say that the closest thing they have in common is time base experience.

try to recommend that eve implement WASD and see how that goes lol

24HR reactivation FTW !!!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.