Re: Titan ore.

Syndic wrote:

Sure you need a reason. You need a reason for the loser to keep trying, otherwise the same thing happens like with you, they go play world of tanks for a few months.

Not sure if its because you don't play or are oblivious to current game events but our activity has stayed steady ... or are you referring to a single person?

we are out and about daily roaming and knocking on doors ... we cant help it if no one is home . . . the last time i saw anyone from CIR on the field was quite some time ago ...

keep your eyes open and you'll see us wink

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Sure you need a reason. You need a reason for the loser to keep trying, otherwise the same thing happens like with you, they go play world of tanks for a few months.

Not sure if its because you don't play or are oblivious to current game events but our activity has stayed steady ... or are you referring to a single person?

we are out and about daily roaming and knocking on doors ... we cant help it if no one is home . . . the last time i saw anyone from CIR on the field was quite some time ago ...

You bought a good game? (Darkfall)

Reading this thread I say ..

-1 to Sap loot cans for Station Owners only. Free for all gives any noob a chance to hit a big payday, and forces Station Owners to actively defend the can just in case ..

+1 to Epi on Beta.  Probably the best overall suggestion to revitalized Beta importance.  The mission system will be changed, and once you have enough Tokens for tech and loot and your 6.0 sparks station ownership and access to missions is not all that important. Everyone needs epi, Martha explain all the best reasons and effects of it being Beta only.

-1 to being able to decon and recon a terminal while in reinforce.  Seriously, how hard would it be to be able not to do this while it was in reinforce?  Would solve the immediate problem of doing this to thwart a Gamma takeover.

I think Gammas are currently unbreachable only because of population. With some strategies, the fanciful "500" noobs would actually work with current game mechanics. I'm not explaining why I think that.  More realistically an attacking force of 50 vets should be able to breach any Gamma.  Gamma is currently designed to not be able to overrun it in one swoop, primarily because this is a 24/7 365 game, and losing a huge investment while sleeping would kill subs.  It needs to be hard, but not impossible, And it isnt. The key with the 500 noobs, or the 50 vets is strategy, but also investment. If you dont have 10 days of commitment from all involved, you're not taking a gamma.

-1 to Darkfall. It looks like that game has been in development longer than Perp has been out, cost $40 up front and $15 per month ... and has no mechs.

Entruix wrote:

Reading this thread I say ..

-1 to Sap loot cans for Station Owners only. Free for all gives any noob a chance to hit a big payday, and forces Station Owners to actively defend the can just in case ..

+1 to Epi on Beta.  Probably the best overall suggestion to revitalized Beta importance.  The mission system will be changed, and once you have enough Tokens for tech and loot and your 6.0 sparks station ownership and access to missions is not all that important. Everyone needs epi, Martha explain all the best reasons and effects of it being Beta only.

-1 to being able to decon and recon a terminal while in reinforce.  Seriously, how hard would it be to be able not to do this while it was in reinforce?  Would solve the immediate problem of doing this to thwart a Gamma takeover.

I think Gammas are currently unbreachable only because of population. With some strategies, the fanciful "500" noobs would actually work with current game mechanics. I'm not explaining why I think that.  More realistically an attacking force of 50 vets should be able to breach any Gamma.  Gamma is currently designed to not be able to overrun it in one swoop, primarily because this is a 24/7 365 game, and losing a huge investment while sleeping would kill subs.  It needs to be hard, but not impossible, And it isnt. The key with the 500 noobs, or the 50 vets is strategy, but also investment. If you dont have 10 days of commitment from all involved, you're not taking a gamma.

-1 to Darkfall. It looks like that game has been in development longer than Perp has been out, cost $40 up front and $15 per month ... and has no mechs.

I'm not disagreeing with anything here, just wanted to add that 500 noobs would also need to be zerging, so they'll need a lot of equipment, but it may as well all be T1, it will still be expensive so they'll need at min vet corp support or sells lots of time cards.

Syn-Tec is fine too

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

156 (edited by Syndic 2013-04-27 04:46:25)

Tux wrote:
Syndic wrote:

All I remember was you showed up for some saps, got rolled in every fight, grofaz went to play WOT, hilarity ensued, then nothing.

Sure, now you're showing up here and there, but nothing worth me sparking over yet. Especially since nobody has considered it worth it hiring me to help stimulate the WOT population a bit again. I'll keep mining and producing until you become annoying enough to people. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Your attention span is legendary. cool

Syndic wrote:

Games need to be fun, involving and challenging to succeed. Even WoW was challenging initially. Perp was fun, involving and challenging on release and subsequently until Styx was effectively designing the game (interference, explosion damage, all his features). Once he was gone, the wagon rolled off the hill into appeasement-mode to save subs with no thought to long-term effects it would have.

you give Styx way to much fame here. There's much more blackomen in those features then Styx, that you listed there.

Styx's biggest accomplishment was the successfull removal of the backgroundstory of the game!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The whole story stinks of a bunch of poor student nerds sitting around a cardboard box eating discount noodles and figuring how to get rich.

CIR Complaint Form

If our goal was to get rich we would have closed up shop a long time ago.

So I've heard. hmm

CIR Complaint Form

DEV Zoom wrote:

If our goal was to get rich we would have closed up shop a long time ago.

but would be nice if you guys could make a good living out of it and increase your development team.

Syndic wrote:

So I've heard. hmm

It's amazing that for all your insight with every detail of this game, how you haven't made an award winning and amazingly successful MMO by now.  So quick with the comments, and the ego, and yet you're just a player, not a dev. You haven't tried or risked anything.

You seem to have forgotten that whether this game lives or dies, none of that will have been influenced by you.
Despite your best efforts.

Of course, you think differently and it's the internet, quick say something only you think is clever.

How would you know. wink

CIR Complaint Form