76 (edited by Gaulois 2011-06-03 20:26:40)

Re: Serious exploit found, accounts and assets removed

Well... if the DEVs start wiping whole corps inventories.... while I understand that it's done in order to rebalance the game, I fear it's going to make a lot more players leave, than it will ever benefit the game.

Maybe it's time for a whole server wipe? that could actually be fun.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Gaulois wrote:

Well... if the DEVs start wiping whole corps inventories.... while I understand that it's done in order to rebalance the game, I fear it's going to make a lot more players leave, than it will ever benefit the game.

Maybe it's time for a whole server wipe? that could actually be fun.

well i got my two cents in, this my ticket to leave forums for today and wait to get online when I get home later, this game turning more into a fat man in a sealed container with the runs....just getting messy with no way of cleaning it up. And to boot like all exploits in this game I can imagine its been around awhile and now its a HUGE issue lol.

Not so fun for the solo guy that has been grinding 4-5 hours a day for 3 months straight for NIC, faction, and kernel research.

Arga wrote:

Not so fun for the solo guy that has been grinding 4-5 hours a day for 3 months straight for NIC, faction, and kernel research.

+90000000000

exactly

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

TBA,  ew.

Trying to follow the trail of a butterfly effect is practically impossible. In our case, the effect this cheating had on the market, player base, warfare and the culprits financial success. You don't know what it caused, hindered, ruined, increased, decreased, it's a huge black pit of possibilities.

The dev's saw fit to just white wash the culprits and I'm fine with that. Better late than never. Maybe now the game can start to grow.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Awesome.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

no problems,DEV will removed my assets as for inusrance fraud in two days wink

Grim Faust wrote:

The dev's saw fit to just white wash the culprits and I'm fine with that. Better late than never. Maybe now the game can start to grow.

The only problem I see, is that the devs are once again punishing exploiters (that's good), and a high numbers of innocent people as collateral. (that's very bad)

I think it's much more detrimental to the game than just deleting the exploit results and punishing the exploiters.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

85 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-06-03 21:54:41)

Gaulois wrote:
Grim Faust wrote:

The only problem I see, is that the devs are once again punishing exploiters (that's good), and a high numbers of innocent people as collateral. (that's very bad)

I think it's much more detrimental to the game than just deleting the exploit results and punishing the exploiters.

It would take a considerable amount of time for them to pick through everything and determine whom did what. Is it possible? I don't know, no one really knows how much they'd have to comb through. But I'm sure it's no small feat. But that's not the only part that's important, it's the affect those people had. I'm under the impression that a lot of people who had legit assets had those assets removed. It sucks, but again, how do you pick apart what those people would have had given that those cheaters in close relations had not been cheating?

I don't know if their wipe was something final, or if perhaps they will review the situation further after they have time to review logs. It would actually make sense to just wipe everyone related, so they can at least put the server up and not have those people affect anything else in the interim. As opposed to just taking the server down for who knows how long and affecting the players who had no part in what transpired.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Did I miss something? Is this being chatted in general? Need more data!

Is the server even online yet? Server status button doesn't give any info.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

scuttlebutt is...

styx and all of his accounts are banned, all m2s personal storage, all corp storages have been wiped and all research reset.

Again... not saying any of it's true, but just that is what the rumor is in general chat.

Reset each other yet?

blogpost is out

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

So, nothing so simple as just making/breaking stuff.

Gaulois wrote:
Grim Faust wrote:

How would you jugde collateral damage done to you against collateral done to all you fight?
Some corps need to work hard, to get at least a few T4 fittings while the last months it seemed that m2s didn't care a sh** about loosing a bunch of T4 fitted HM.

Alone the fact that your corpmates had good equip might have lead to enormous collateral damage by your enemies.

They are at a crossroads, they can either give up, or show the server that they can recover and prove they didn't need those cheats anyway.

Holy ***. 58M plasma? And the associated kernels? I certainly hope the devs got everything.

The 'audacity' of selling 16 Billion NIC's worth of plasma and not expecting it to raise a red flag is excessive. This is the action of someone that is too stupid to have pulled off the exploit or someone that wanted to get caught.

Gaulois wrote:

The only problem I see, is that the devs are once again punishing exploiters (that's good), and a high numbers of innocent people as collateral. (that's very bad).

As far as I understand (according to devblog) you may contact support and ask to restore something you earned yourself without using any exploits.

Arga wrote:

The 'audacity' of selling 16 Billion NIC's worth of plasma and not expecting it to raise a red flag is excessive.

As well as planting noralgis at the same place where it was destroyed several days ago.

98 (edited by Toku 2011-06-06 06:34:06)

Glimpse..

I know you wish we/Syndic had exploited and been caught but unfortunately for your twisted self brosef, thats not the case. We mine, we produce, we fight. From hard work all of our resources are made (and from looting some enemies that used to carry T4 gear).
You can just waste time trying to expose something that doesn't exist vs everyone exposing what your corp did.

P.S. as you now see! Welcome to the light side (RED) smile

Toku wrote:

Glimpse..

I know you wish we/Syndic had exploited and been caught but unfortunately for your twisted self brosef, thats not the case. We mine, we produce, we fight. From hard work all of our resources are made (and from looting some enemies that used to carry T4 gear).
You can just waste time trying to expose something that doesn't exist vs everyone exposing what your corp did.

I am so going to laugh my *** off tomorrow when you get on Teamspeak. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Arga wrote:

The 'audacity' of selling 16 Billion NIC's worth of plasma and not expecting it to raise a red flag is excessive. This is the action of someone that is too stupid to have pulled off the exploit or someone that wanted to get caught.

No, it is the action of someone who has been cheating for so long and on such a scale, that they think they can get away with anything.