Re: Serious exploit found, accounts and assets removed

Does Hungary have Take out? Maybe they don't, and thats why its called Hungary... *rim shot* 

Are bad jokes bannable offenses?

not yet, like two hours form now me thinks

Arga wrote:

I think any CIR memeber would see right away if their CEO got deleted, but they have been oddly missing from the forums ...

We're not missing from the forums, we're patiently waiting on TeamSpeak for the server to go up.

As to Balfizar's quite insultive implications, we have produced our heavy mechs and mechs the legit way, with thousands of hours of effort by our miners, haulers and warriors fueling the furnace of industry.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

It has come to our attention, that some players have come into illegitimate possession of significant amounts of robots, equipment and other commodities. The magnitude of these exploits have helped these players to affect the whole landscape of Perpetuum.

That already tells us everything we need to know.

Nice try at redirection, grapevine tells me a different story...

And, despite the spin and propaganda, don't let the *** make you believe their agenda to plug any percieved negative activity on M2S.  After all, can't troll and pwn if we can't play, no one of us would ever risk that....

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

DEV Calvin wrote:

It has come to our attention, that some players have come into illegitimate possession of significant amounts of robots, equipment and other commodities. The magnitude of these exploits have helped these players to affect the whole landscape of Perpetuum.

Is it related to 20 endless grophos and 20 symbionts and a corporation who never mine? smile

Arga wrote:

Does Hungary have Take out? Maybe they don't, and thats why its called Hungary... *rim shot* 

Are bad jokes bannable offenses?

-Arga has now been banned for bad joking and duped baphs

Because the voices told me to do it.

Saramara is impersonating an admin! Get the banhammer!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Server as of this post is not yet up.

Soon, I expect.  But, eh, when and if it happens, it happens.

Arga wrote:

Does Hungary have Take out?

Oh, we take stuff out all the time. Just watch.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Arga wrote:

+10 CoolPoints™

Well done.

GLiMPSE wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Arga wrote:

+10 CoolPoints™

Well done.

Too late.

Remember that equal score between Gargaj and Zoom?..

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

GLiMPSE wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Arga wrote:

+10 CoolPoints™

Well done.

any good chinese take out?

DEV Calvin wrote:

All accounts, equipment, commodities, knowledge bases and NIC in relation to these exploits have been removed from the game.

I suppose that this exploit is related to endless loot from npc or artifacts (because it involves research).

LLIAXTEP wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

All accounts, equipment, commodities, knowledge bases and NIC in relation to these exploits have been removed from the game.

I suppose that this exploit is related to endless loot from npc or artifacts (because it involves research).

no dont think thats it. Loot will always be endless from the npcs and artifacts is a good way to earn nic, but if done wrong on beta islands a quick way to lose nic.

TeamBETAalpha, I mean that probably they could kill a npc or find an artifact and loot one conterner many times. I think so because artifacts or npc is the only way to farm kernels and research was involved into this exploit.

66 (edited by TeamBETAalpha 2011-06-03 19:45:46)

that be new to me, every container ive ever looted was looted once, either took everything or took what I could fit in cargo.

GJ devs thanks for not taking 3 years like it took CCP to find Evoke's exploit of moon mins

I don't suppose this has to do with the tap dancing NPCs? tongue

Do I get honorable mention for being the straight man to Garg?

Now, with all the speculation, I hope the reality of the exploit lives up to the hype!

-- Glad to see you still posting Syndic!!

Arga wrote:

Do I get honorable mention for being the straight man to Garg?

Now, with all the speculation, I hope the reality of the exploit lives up to the hype!

-- Glad to see you still posting Syndic!!

um he has not posted for a bit buddy lol. I hope this doesnt kill the population even more, this game doesnt need another hit to people leaving etc. This be pasted all over the place with only 300 people playing the game, expect to lose people.

Syndic wrote:
Arga wrote:

I think any CIR memeber would see right away if their CEO got deleted, but they have been oddly missing from the forums ...

We're not missing from the forums, we're patiently waiting on TeamSpeak for the server to go up.

As to Balfizar's quite insultive implications, we have produced our heavy mechs and mechs the legit way, with thousands of hours of effort by our miners, haulers and warriors fueling the furnace of industry.

@TBA - Scroll up?

Surely only the minority was cheating? I mean cmon, it's not going to completely destroy the major alliances to have to play legit now is it?

Finding and removing exploiters is actually good press. No one wants to compete in an unfair environment, and I'm disappointed in whoever this was; as I'm sure that it was just laziness as the tools are in the game to be dominant without resorting to exploiting 'broken' game mechanics.  sad

It's not like leaving the cheaters alone was going help the game either.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Grim Faust wrote:

It's not like leaving the cheaters alone was going help the game either.

agree, but the open public harrassment im not sure helps a dieing population already. People see this lol, this second round of who we gonna tell told you so and yes I knew it was them, and then you find out how many others did it or what not and are like wow didnt know that. This game turning into a whine fest and to see who we can get banned etc from it.

Arga wrote:

Finding and removing exploiters is actually good press. No one wants to compete in an unfair environment, and I'm disappointed in whoever this was; as I'm sure that it was just laziness as the tools are in the game to be dominant without resorting to exploiting 'broken' game mechanics.  sad

reading about how the devs dealt with the original insurance fraud out in the open on the forums was a major factor in me signing up to play the game when i was still on the fence.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!