Re: Serious exploit found, accounts and assets removed

I never said it will have visible signs apart from the involved people not posting anymore. smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

What a fascinating development.

Things like that don't really stay hidden either way, it's a small community after all.

Raise your hand if your not here! big_smile

29 (edited by Celebro 2011-06-03 18:23:06)

OMG! Smokey was right then?

We will see.

Good job Devs, next time try and be ahead of the players in finding exploits, will sure make your lives easier.

Does accounts removed mean: suspended or deleted?

RIP PERPETUUM

Just speculating, but it's probable that the effected players will start new characters, which isn't to say losing your vetern account is trivial, but I wouldn't count any one out of the game. Unless these were new players, they knew the risks of exploits, and everyone gets caught eventually.

Well I guess there goes syndic's stack of 1000 mechs he was braging about the other day......

DEV Calvin wrote:

It has come to our attention, that some players have come into illegitimate possession of significant amounts of robots, equipment and other commodities. The magnitude of these exploits have helped these players to affect the whole landscape of Perpetuum.

All accounts, equipment, commodities, knowledge bases and NIC in relation to these exploits have been removed from the game. We also have suspended several accounts that we could connect to these illegal activities.

We are certain that from now on Nia will be a much more interesting and rewarding place to be, and are looking forward to a new age in the political landscape of the game.

The exploitable mechanism has been fixed.

We warn all players, that we will deal with such offenders with utmost severity. If anyone has further information regarding the issue, now is the time to come forward and share it with us privately at support@perpetuum-online.com. We will keep pursuing this issue with full effort.

*** YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take my sig off now.  I don't think it's likely necessary any more.  I also hope this nets the people abusing the exploit I reported to Mancs.  Keep up the good work guys, the downtime is worth this 10,000,000,000 times over.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus, what does insurance fraud have to do with this...?

I fail to see the logic ^^

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana wrote:

Maybe you should re-read the OP.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Devs : I LOVE YOU !

The OP is not about the old insurance fraud affair. That was dealt with months ago.

Because the voices told me to do it.

Crepitus wrote:
Campana wrote:

Maybe you should re-read the OP.

my guess is something with production of some sort? As i believe that is what Crep was talking about earlier, something to do with that sort, Im guessing. Please rephrase me if im off creppy smile You have so many accounts its hard to find the one you talk about

38 (edited by Arga 2011-06-03 18:45:54)

I'm speculating it has something to do with the repair/commdities return ratio being driven by market somehow.

Edit: or somehow being able to recyle production and get more mats then you put in

Anyone have idea who can done this exploiting?
Because i have versions but am think my main version will be highly trolled, you know.

40 (edited by Saramara 2011-06-03 18:55:53)

Alexadar wrote:

Because i have versions but am think my main version will be highly trolled, you know.

Only DEV's know atm. But speculating is kinda fun isn't it? smile

Because the voices told me to do it.

all i have to say is i have a feeling it's more than one thing.  i have seen some evidence to support that belief and i have (renewed) faith in mancs, calvin, and others.

Population graphs

Saramara wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Only DEV's know atm. But speculating is kinda fun isn't it? smile

Yeah... it was...Microsoft corporation? Thoughts?

Arga wrote:

I'm speculating it has something to do with the repair/commdities return ratio being driven by market somehow.

Edit: or somehow being able to recyle production and get more mats then you put in

the exploit that i found (happened to me by accident actually), reported, and demonstrated would have handed out unlimited fittings without any production required.

Population graphs

Crepitus wrote:
Arga wrote:

the exploit that i found (happened to me by accident actually), reported, and demonstrated would have handed out unlimited fittings without any production required.

Interesting... could this be Syndic's answer to unlimited supplies!?

Could be, but Dev said that came into a Bots by exploit, not just fittings; unless you only found part of the exploit and it could be repeated with any item.

My all 100500 grophos was earned by hard work, i swear.

I think any CIR memeber would see right away if their CEO got deleted, but they have been oddly missing from the forums ...

hmm I bet the Dev's are having take out pizza b4 server restart...

Is the server up? This clean up is taking a long time big_smile

Don't accidentally delete my (2) Baph MK II's sad

Wow.  The DB must be getting turned into swiss cheese.