51 (edited by Naismith 2015-09-30 11:56:30)

Re: New devblog: September status report

Celebro wrote:

I guess you haven't be here long enough, when a surge of new players show up, vets show up, when POE feels threatened they show up in numbers (when needed) to say who's boss and spoil it for the new players. I have seen it all happening time and time again.

Those who last 6 hours not sure how many those are not seen any, from my experience they last a few weeks, then there are countless more who have left after 6 months to a year playing, which you are right probably tired of the devs doing too much absurd tweaks for far too long.

POE, being evidently the largest and most powerful alliance in the game, has never had problems with new players.

Our members have started many initiatives on Norhoop, Kentagura, and Alsbale to incubate newbie corporations and help them grow and enjoy the game. Cons, who are now a part of the Partnership of Equals, is a product of our incubation programs on Kentagura and later Domhalarn. NSE is also a product of our incubation programs on Alsbale.

As part of our community outreach, we take great pains to contact and assist new corporations that come into the game. Our knowledge is shared freely with newbies, and every newbie corporation is warned against allying up to our enemies or to us, as no newbie corporation (or indeed, any other vet corporation) can dream of sustaining a conflict against us.

Some newbies listen and prosper, some newbies don't listen and die. At the end of the day, your vet corps will never have room to play and re-establish yourselves in the game because we will make it so. For reasons X, Y, Z. Accept it and come to terms with it.

Naismith wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I guess you haven't be here long enough, when a surge of new players show up, vets show up, when POE feels threatened they show up in numbers (when needed) to say who's boss and spoil it for the new players. I have seen it all happening time and time again.

Those who last 6 hours not sure how many those are not seen any, from my experience they last a few weeks, then there are countless more who have left after 6 months to a year playing, which you are right probably tired of the devs doing too much absurd tweaks for far too long.

POE, being evidently the largest and most powerful alliance in the game, has never had problems with new players.

Our members have started many initiatives on Norhoop, Kentagura, and Alsbale to incubate newbie corporations and help them grow and enjoy the game. Cons, who are now a part of the Partnership of Equals, is a product of our incubation programs on Kentagura and later Domhalarn. NSE is also a product of our incubation programs on Alsbale.

As part of our community outreach, we take great pains to contact and assist new corporations that come into the game. Our knowledge is shared freely with newbies, and every newbie corporation is warned against allying up to our enemies or to us, as no newbie corporation (or indeed, any other vet corporation) can dream of sustaining a conflict against us.

Some newbies listen and prosper, some newbies don't listen and die. At the end of the day, your vet corps will never have room to play and re-establish yourselves in the game because we will make it so. For reasons X, Y, Z. Accept it and come to terms with it.

There is nothing to accept, if newbies decided not to follow your rules they are mercilessly taken out, if either they join other vets not part of POE or taking it solo, both instances has only one choice POE burning them out of the game at all costs. That's the agenda you have, as always. I guess it's easier for you if there is less competition, and unfortunately leads to a stale state of pvp in game.

RIP PERPETUUM

53 (edited by Naismith 2015-09-30 15:39:47)

Twisting my words doesn't change them.

POE has and will continue to annihilate the vet corporations we've been at war with, the only acceptable resolution being their complete and utter dissolution.

POE has and will continue to encourage newbie corporations to venture out to Beta and establish themselves as independent groups.

Your corporations don't fall under the "newbie" tag, you are the ones who should accept defeat and disband or quit. There is no other choice.

Newbies on the other hand, have a very simple choice. Play the game without you, or ally up with you and die.

DEV Zoom wrote:

And yes I was already thinking about renaming distress beacons but haven't come up with something cool yet. But yeah something along those lines.

So because everyone loves acronyms, they become Teleport Attractor Ports, or TAP for short.

(sorry to stumble into the drama)

So we are getting these right?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

56 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-09-30 18:38:45)

Naismith wrote:

Twisting my words doesn't change them.

POE has and will continue to annihilate the vet corporations we've been at war with, the only acceptable resolution being their complete and utter dissolution.

POE has and will continue to encourage newbie corporations to venture out to Beta and establish themselves as independent groups.

Your corporations don't fall under the "newbie" tag, you are the ones who should accept defeat and disband or quit. There is no other choice.

Newbies on the other hand, have a very simple choice. Play the game without you, or ally up with you and die.

TL;DR, anyone who is a PvP threat and can hold and fight in PvP vs you to any extent, must be eliminated at all cost so you can maintain the slave chain over newbros who come on beta growing with LITTLE feeling of worth or accomplishment, just because you fear you will not be the best if you do not hold the axe over everyone.

For you this is easily possible, because you have an alliance with immense TS and jabber ping capability who somehow never get bored of logging in and shooting the same people, while everyone else is tired of having the exact same people to shoot, PvPing and trying to rebuild knowing they are one jabber ping away from being blob-caged or so on, it must be nice knowing that your only dominance is the ability to get a larger number of people online for multiple occassions straight time and time again to bring down the hammer, simply because the enemy started fighting back again.

Things would not have been so easy perhaps had my corp not been so quick to reset on an assumption the last time, but oh well, winter is coming I suppose.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

That's pretty much how territorial warfare works, btw I read your first line and stopped, you said tldr and stopped, ***.

Ville wrote:

That's pretty much how territorial warfare works, btw I read your first line and stopped, you said tldr and stopped, ***.

Yeah, maybe I should have included the TL;DR at the end.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

DEV Zoom wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

And yes I was already thinking about renaming distress beacons but haven't come up with something cool yet. But yeah something along those lines.

So because everyone loves acronyms, they become Teleport Attractor Ports, or TAP for short.

Hmmm. I was sceptical at first but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

A device which creates a port that attracts a stream of deconstructed atoms travelling between two teleports and "taps" into them.

60 (edited by Burial 2015-10-02 11:41:57)

Altera wrote:

New players will never get to the stage where PoE dominance will be an issue.  New players are bored long before that point, so they just leave.

I moved to Alsbale from day one and the constant danger made otherwise dull PVE grind fascinating. When I got killed I was happy since I experienced something powerful and me living there provided content for others. If more newbies had a chance of experiencing something similar they might not get bored that easily.

Lets put these changes in, I for one am looking forward to field terminals on Beta.

Zoom, do you guys plan to put in the tax-system together with this patch (so tax system, field terminals, revamped beta islands all in 1 patch) or do you plan to bring it in at a later point?

We'll see, I won't promise that the taxing stuff makes it into the next patch.

DEV Zoom wrote:

the taxing stuff will generate content, like for pvp and stuff, it should be a priority, but who am I? lol

the taxing stuff will only create more afk income for a TINY fraction of the playerbase.

whats the content there?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's beneficial to the game?

Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's beneficial to the game?

Another incentive to own outposts, and maybe a new incentive to open them up for the missionrunners.

67 (edited by Burial 2015-10-03 14:36:27)

Zoom, the elephant in the room is it provides more incentive for one entity to hold multiple stations instead of multiple entities owning one.

You take the current situation and make it worse.

Burial wrote:

Zoom, the elephant in the room is it provides more incentive for one entity to hold multiple stations instead of multiple entities owning one.

Or its providing greater incentive to get off the forums and go make sure one entity doesnt hold multiple stations. Isnt that what everyone has been asking for? More incentive for beta islands?

Burial wrote:

I think that's true for any reward that we give for outpost owning.

Not true for rewards like better industry bonuses, outpost auras and other perks only useful for entities actually using an outpost.

ok, as far as i remember, syndic was asking for getting NIC from anyone that runs mission from field terminals. That way he expects to get income from those who usually run mission on "his" islands without beeing pledged to him.

station services are already taxed, so he could get that income "by opening up outposts" already.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Burial wrote:

Yeah Zoom what the ***?  We don't want to have to fight to own a station.  People wanting to own stations for benefit, that's just ludicrous.

it incentivizes players to make decisions on what they want to do -vs- a few loud players trying to lobby the DEVs to make game wide changes to their desires.

This gives corps the ability to:
Open the stations and make more NIC
Close the stations and deny lazy players access
Band together, play the game and take stations so they can do #1 and/or #2

Its a sandbox, let the devs create the sand and let plyers use the sand as they see fit, don't make the Devs create concrete that matches YOUR playstyle.

Taxes from field terminals create an incentive for the owner to decide if he wants to open the outpost up (thus attract missioners and whatnot, all sorts of metagame deals are opened up here for player-choice), and with a small tie-in to outpost stability affecting pay-out reward (therefore, indirectly the tax volume itself) the real incentive would be to own and actively police your station versus afk-emperoring and/or ninja-missioning.

The playstyle and mentality of living on Alpha (no risk) and collecting all the cream on Beta (reward) needs to be curbstomped out of the game, because it is detrimental and toxic to the population.

+ What Altera said. Sand, not concrete.

75 (edited by Burial 2015-10-04 18:55:40)

@Zoom:

With STC we held everything. We were the all-powerful 60% left with everything and the rest of the game were the lazy and unorganized ones left with nothing. During Steam launch we lost all the outposts to the new 60% and fell into the lazy rest of the game bracket left with nothing. Even to this day people left playing are hitting SAPs daily and guess if the largest entity is holding every single outpost or not.

Problem here is that starting a life on Beta is supposed to be the next natural step for corporations looking to grow beyond Alpha, but if even second-to-largest entity is unable to live in, or even capture and hold a SINGLE outpost from the largest, how are the smaller ones supposed to do that?

Do you want the game to be Pets&Landlords Online or do you want it to be something people find worth playing?