Topic: New devblog: September status report

New devblog showcasing the changes and new features coming in our next patch:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … us-report/

Re: New devblog: September status report

... Disappointing.

Is Sparks being removed in this up coming patch?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The plan was to remove sparks after Beta2s are done, but obviously we can do it sooner if people agree.

4 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2015-09-24 09:39:34)

Good progress on the roadmap, Devs, well done. I really like the look of the syndicate robots interface and the Beta I reworks look nicely balanced. Will the (much welcome) new facility downgrade option be time restricted? Very exploitable otherwise.

Would still like to see:

• A unique ID to on artefacts to differentiate between those of the same type

• A new exponential diminishing returns function for industry points.

May I also suggest a change in name for Distress Beacons since that's not really what they are anymore. Maybe something like a Teleport Hijack Device or a Teleport Hacker.

Ludlow:

Yes, the facility downgrade will have a cooldown.

We tried to do the ID thing once but didn't really work out, I think that's when we put in the click to select/highlight in the artifact list thing.

And yes I was already thinking about renaming distress beacons but haven't come up with something cool yet. But yeah something along those lines.

Great and much needed changes, will you be bringing out the revamped Beta 1's together with field terminals in the same patch or will field terminals be added later? The blog was a little bit vague on it.

Naismith wrote:

Great and much needed changes, will you be bringing out the revamped Beta 1's together with field terminals in the same patch or will field terminals be added later? The blog was a little bit vague on it.

yes those come together

Great, I have just seen hundreds of Steam gamers lining up just for this patch roll

RIP PERPETUUM

9 (edited by Naismith 2015-09-24 19:21:08)

No, we won't be sounding the horn of goondor for this patch, but thank you for inquiring dear player Celebro. smile

The anomaly bull *** pisses me off.  More poorly thought out development.  The dumbest part is roaming npcs interfering with your beacon running.  More content people won't use.  And more people won't do.  It's like you deliberately try to piss people off.

Honestly beacon reward should be tweaked (increased generally, and completely redesigned specifically) to compensate the fact you can't run multiple at the same time with or without explosion damage.

I honestly don't see the point of taking the trouble to scout a whole island for one of these anomalies, sit there like a potato killing 10 waves on NPC's, then having to bring a hauler to scoop all the T1 garbage loot up, then cashing in on what, 2/5/10M per beacon?

The idea is overall good, but you should definitely make beacons (especially on Gamma) the moneymaker like escalations are in EVE.

Naismith wrote:

No, we won't be sounding the horn of goondor for this patch, but thank you for inquiring dear player Celebro. smile

Until dom gets hit again at least... lol.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

All need is more risk/reward balance on Beacons then, after they able to change the loot tables for NPC's that could be ok.

I would see many reward at Gamma wiht Beacons. But the differentiation with levels already bring some into the game.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

14 (edited by Burial 2015-09-25 08:45:21)

Couldn't we have beacons AND anomalies?

Burial wrote:

Why would you do anomalies if you had beacons? Anomalies as an idea are not bad (although the 'bring a beacon' aspect of it is dumb). As always its the reward that sucks.

If an anomaly paid a hundred million and took 3 - 5 guys 40 minutes popping randomly every 4 hours per island on Beta then people would do them and PvP would happen. As it is currently you would make a LOT more money chasing active hacks.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Why cant an anomaly be a portal to somewhere in the world that has some observers and lovely cache of CT's or bots or modules....make it worth looking for, scanning down, what ever the method.....but to make a forced location and limiter for beacons...well that seems to be an example again of removing content  - in this way now limiting where and how many beacons you can do.

17 (edited by Burial 2015-09-25 18:40:19)

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

Why would you do anomalies if you had beacons? Anomalies as an idea are not bad (although the 'bring a beacon' aspect of it is dumb). As always its the reward that sucks.

If an anomaly paid a hundred million and took 3 - 5 guys 40 minutes popping randomly every 4 hours per island on Beta then people would do them and PvP would happen. As it is currently you would make a LOT more money chasing active hacks.

I didn't really read much into it, but just from variety's sake 2 is better than 1. Beacons could be beacons with removed NPC aoe damage and anomalies could be the PVE world event.

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

+1. Stop being *** do this.

I kinda feel like you didn't put 1+1 together but anomalies are there so it's not the player who decides the location where the beacon is popped, but the server. And that part is crucial when we want to avoid beacon trickery.

I think the problem might be the necessity to field multiple expensive bots (Heavy Mk2's in T4) for a reward of... ~10M plasma and some T1 garbage + odd T4 drop.

The system you designed is fine, the reward is what makes it not worth bothering.

What are your thoughts?

Rewards (and the NPCs coming from beacons) can be tweaked when we rework the loot system, which is probably next up.

22 (edited by Annihilator 2015-09-26 12:23:48)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Rewards (and the NPCs coming from beacons) can be tweaked when we rework the loot system, which is probably next up.

you said that before.
why repeating yourself?:P

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's necessary to repeat things.

The system itself of anomalies and beacons works fine on paper, the only thing most of the complaints about beacons can be summed up as "its not worth doing 1 then moving to the next anomaly". Meaning, nobody is complaining about the system itself - just the reward of the activity being too low for the player-investment.

Another consideration is that with the (very well considered and very welcome!) change to deploying L1 beacons on Alpha and L2 and L3 on Beta/Gamma only, there will be additional risk for players to consider before choosing to do them.

TL;DR

The system is fine and will work great, but you will need to tweak the rewards in the future for it to take off the ground.

i know we already have a "Tier" system of beacons.  However, how about combining beacons?  Maybe implement a system where you can combine beacons to be a super beacon.  If you wanted to make the most out of peoples time.  Combine it with another T3 beacon(same type) and you get a +50% bonus or you can tier it with diminishing returns possibly something like 1st beacon gives you 75% 2nd gives 50% to that 3rd 25% so on...  This gives the player an opportunity to solve the time issue of making the beacon worth doing, as well as, making people farm up the items for the combining process.  Please test ur system before implementing it and think to yourself that most of these beacons have to be done in a pvp environment.  Also are you going to change npc behavior of industrial bots standing right on top of you?

Naismith wrote:

I think the problem might be the necessity to field multiple expensive bots (Heavy Mk2's in T4) for a reward of... ~10M plasma and some T1 garbage + odd T4 drop.

The system you designed is fine, the reward is what makes it not worth bothering.

What are your thoughts?

Assuming most vets have a godly amount of stuff which is (n), what difference does n+1, 2, 3 or whatever reward you want to make worthwhile doing on pvp areas.

RIP PERPETUUM