Re: Dear Devs - Why no discussion/action to balance the game?

Hunter wrote:

The problem not in the Sparks... Leave it as it is. The problem in powerful of one alliance and weakness the other. Sparks removing won't help you because of CIR quite rich to able themself dedicated account in the each outpost and under each entrance to beta island.

Yep.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Enjoy the ramifications gentlemen.

Thats so typically childish. Why don't you show your point of view so that we change things for the better

Why Should I?

So you continually call someone an Idiot who doesn't agree with you?

Removing Sparks Hurts YOU more than it does me.  It means YOU the attacker have to pick an attack point and go.  And the entire Alliance gets the luxury of meeting you and your ninja guys.  You can't battle superior numbers but your taking the ONLY element you have out of the equation (stealth) and limiting it to a one sided war.  Because "We" get to pick and choose what we defend.  And trust me there are more than one people dedicated to finding a fight on our side.  The only thing is you might be fighting Ville on Hokkogarus, Vroom in Norhoop Or Phantomburn in Dom.

Least with spark teleport and blood sparks you have the luxury of using things like ICS B, ASITEC B, or TMB.  You won't have that luxury with out.  You have to come into the island from an alpha side Gate, or Interzone into 1 or 2 of the only gates hittable by IZ to each Beta, which.. are scouted with people Already! 

And what good is the station if you can't hold the island?  If you can't muster the force to hold off an invader then who cares about sparks then?

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Enjoy the ramifications gentlemen.

Thats so typically childish. Why don't you show your point of view so that we change things for the better

Why Should I?

Removing Sparks Hurts YOU more than it does me.  It means YOU the attacker have to pick an attack point and go.  And the entire Alliance gets the luxury of meeting you and your ninja guys.  You can't battle superior numbers but your taking the ONLY element you have out of the equation (stealth) and limiting it to a one sided war.  Because "We" get to pick and choose what we defend.  And trust me there are more than one people dedicated to finding a fight on our side.  The only thing is you might be fighting Ville on Hokkogarus, Vroom in Norhoop Or Phantomburn in Dom.

Least with spark teleport and blood sparks you have the luxury of using things like ICS B, ASITEC B, or TMB.  You won't have that luxury with out.  You have to come into the island from an alpha side Gate, or Interzone into 1 or 2 of the only gates hittable by IZ to each Beta, which.. are scouted with people Already! 

And what good is the station if you can't hold the island?  If you can't muster the force to hold off an invader then who cares about sparks then?

Thats how its supposed to be and how I would like it to be. Picking and choosing what to defend rather than the ability to defend everywhere with no work.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

Why Should I?

Thats how its supposed to be and how I would like it to be. Picking and choosing what to defend rather than the ability to defend everywhere with no work.

We already do that....

Vile not being able to spark all your alt to one place we would have diluted your force, job done. You know it's not going to be easy mode anymore.

RIP PERPETUUM

whatever realy, you think it benefits you, we think it benefits us and some independents like it to.

Lets do it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

CCP is tackling power projection http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev … s-inbound/

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Vile not being able to spark all your alt to one place we would have diluted your force, job done. You know it's not going to be easy mode anymore.

My name is Ville, I respectfully ask that you please address me as such.  And Secondly, you didn't even read what I wrote.  You just continually say the same thing over and over again.  PVP is not determined by "Who brings the most accounts"  With the follow/lock nerf it has made it more of a liability to bring more than two accounts.  You might know that if you actually played in the community. 

http://www.perp-kill.net/agent/Celebro
http://www.perp-kill.net/agent/Simmy

Jita wrote:

whatever realy, you think it benefits you, we think it benefits us and some independents like it to.

Lets do it.

I feel like until the new teleport system is in place with logical movement paths we should keep sparks in play.  Sparks play a huge benefit of being able to make Gamma useful.  Without Sparks logistics become harder.  Which might be useful for people with no life and love hitting themselves with whips and chains at night but for the rest of us with a life would rather have time doing stuff we want to do not grinding more for little to no game.

Ville wrote:

I respectfully ask that you please address me as such.

Ville wrote:

might be useful for people with no life and love hitting themselves with whips and chains at night

practice what you preach.

The spark change requested gives you one gamma spark. Im sorry if that isn't enough to control every gamma island but working as intended sweetheart.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

I respectfully ask that you please address me as such.

Ville wrote:

might be useful for people with no life and love hitting themselves with whips and chains at night

practice what you preach.

The spark change requested gives you one gamma spark. Im sorry if that isn't enough to control every gamma island but working as intended sweetheart.

Your reading comprehension skills need work.

tbh spark removal wont stop The Alliance of Entropy (CIR etc) maintaining ownership of the game (or any future Alliances that maintain an effective spy network).  Any planned assault to take their outposts would be forewarned via spies so they can be in the right place at the right time every time.

However it will make it harder for them to manage, just purely on a logistical basis, as such its still a good thing for the power projection issue.

Also add IP address display to every avatar if nothing else it'd keep them out of GC tongue

Jelan wrote:

tbh spark removal wont stop The Alliance of Entropy (CIR etc) maintaining ownership of the game (or any future Alliances that maintain an effective spy network).  Any planned assault to take their outposts would be forewarned via spies so they can be in the right place at the right time every time.

However it will make it harder for them to manage, just purely on a logistical basis, as such its still a good thing for the power projection issue.

Also add IP address display to every avatar if nothing else it'd keep them out of GC tongue

We don't want to own the game.  We are the only active organized alliance in game however.

So gather up 5-15 players and change that.

Anyway remove sparks then you can complain that people who have 5+ accounts have an unfair advantage...because they will...sparks were a counter to this.  People who have one combat account can (if they played) project power on a few stations via sparks.  Remove sparks and that's gone.

I get you guys want the developers to nerf us, even if you don't say it outright....stuff like this will make it harder for normal players to compete.

Power projection has been an issue because this game doesn't have enough active players.  Was the reason for unbalanced power in the past and is the source of todays power projection issue. 

Don't worry im sure the other 20 gamma islands will be in the game soon enough, and we can go back to having three man corps with a base and whatnot...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

if you dont want to own the game what possible reason would you have for putting three bases on every gamma.

89 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-02 22:41:05)

LOL at vile's hypocrisy. You're saying that you don't want a spark change because it'll force you to do more logistics and I have to really laugh at that.

I agree with a lot of the post's I've read in here. Sparks were hugely overpowered when STC owned everything, and although they've been nerfed somewhat, they're still too easy to be everywhere at once.

I'm fine with how many sparks you can set, what I'm not fine with is that you can spark instantly to each one forever and ever till you run out of money(which would be a loooong time for most people). There's no commitment required. Which also ties in with the fact that you can have an alt at any of the 3 alpha II's to watch enemy movement so long as you have enough guys who're ready at a moment's notice to log in and spark wherever they have to. Effectively allows for an entire alliance to be off playing/doing something else and control everything with 1 guy and 3 screens. If that sounds right and good to you, you must be a cir member.

danger stranger "We don't want to own the game." Bull-f-ing-crap. Not only do you and your alliance-mates actively seek to do just that, you're also gleefully doing it, and whenever someone brings it up you try to make it seem like they're just too weak to do anything about it. You've had the opportunity to prove for months that you don't want to own all the outposts. You could have reset relations at any time.

The spy thing is the biggest detractor to games like this in my opinion. If you have to resort to using spies to achieve victory, what does that say about your ability to fight and win without them? It say's to me that you're not confident you have the ability to win if you don't - and that you're afraid you won't win without them. It's unfortunate, but pixels are srs bisness to some of you.

@ vile - the only places you pick and choose to defend is places you know you can win a fight.

"Syndic wrote:

They can remove sparks tomorrow

We'll still be on your comms following you around and making your in-game life miserable wherever you go

EOD" 

^ Zoom, this is why your game has so few players. You've let this one ruin it for everyone else who isn't just like him (allied to him). It's your choice to let people like that be your voice to the community, and I'd be willing to bet that he'll laugh about it on TS with his little band of sycophants gleefully about how he's ruining your game. Just sayin, cause I've heard it straight from the horses mouth.

90 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-03 15:19:00)

Jita wrote:

if you dont want to own the game what possible reason would you have for putting three bases on every gamma.

This ^ and lol at forgetting the extra L on Ville's name, priceless.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Well there is another way to look at it. If you have something to do with all the areas (islands in this game) you are bound to be part of everything in game. PvP, resources, battles etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Well there is another way to look at it. If you have something to do with all the areas (islands in this game) you are bound to be part of everything in game. PvP, resources, battles etc.

The spin doctor is in da house!

Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:

The spin doctor is in da house!

Not a spin. Just another way to look at it.

Well, we want pvp, how do you get pvp?  Force the hand of your enemy to either take it or not.

Spin doctor: a person (such as a political aide) whose job involves trying to control the way something (such as an important event) is described to the public in order to influence what people think about it

Ville wrote:

Well, we want pvp, how do you get pvp?  Force the hand of your enemy to either take it or not.

It's nothing to do with that and you know it doesn't get you PvP, quite the opposite.

Jelan wrote:

Spin doctor: a person (such as a political aide) whose job involves trying to control the way something (such as an important event) is described to the public in order to influence what people think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

It's nothing to do with that and you know it doesn't get you PvP, quite the opposite.

Jita you know first hand what happens when pvpers roll a gamma base.  At best 60% of the corporation stops playing the game.  And that's the last thing any of us need.

Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

Gremrod, the corp you joined, do the right thing for the wrong reasons, enough said.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Jita you know first hand what happens when pvpers roll a gamma base.  At best 60% of the corporation stops playing the game.  And that's the last thing any of us need.

So, by you're logic.... lemme see if I get this right.... "We'll control all the islands so that if someone wanted to put a base down we won't feel the need to go kill it and make them quit"

Did I get that right?

How about.... you just don't *** do it? Jesus *** Christ.