Topic: Dear Devs - Why no discussion/action to balance the game?

CIR and friends has been keeping the whole server hostage ever since Steam release.!

I read threads upon threads and post after post discussing several issues which mainly lies with very easy projection of power. I can conclude that part of this problem is the Sparks, and most if not all of the server is in agreement there is a problem with this, just look at the map.

MINIMIZE THIS POWER PROJECTION! IT JUST NEEDS A FEW TWEAKS. MAKE YOUR MINDS UP ALREADY. DO IT!

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Dear Devs - Why no discussion/action to balance the game?

keep calm... its on their todo list.

What comes next
As laid out in a previous blog, first we’ll be doing a rework of the current highway and teleport networks, to speed up travelling in the game. The gamma patch actually includes a related change already, giving a flat speed increase to all robots.
Meanwhile we’re preparing a larger balance package for robots, with the aim of boosting smaller classes a bit, and changing some bonuses all around to make certain roles more distinct and logical.

i bet (hope) what zoom wrote there into the blog was only a fraction of whats to come.
meanwhile i enjoy the release of starpoint gemini 2 and the almost daily hotfix updates for minor bugs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-01 20:23:16)

Annihilator wrote:

keep calm... its on their todo list.

What comes next
As laid out in a previous blog, first we’ll be doing a rework of the current highway and teleport networks, to speed up travelling in the game. The gamma patch actually includes a related change already, giving a flat speed increase to all robots.
Meanwhile we’re preparing a larger balance package for robots, with the aim of boosting smaller classes a bit, and changing some bonuses all around to make certain roles more distinct and logical.

i bet (hope) what zoom wrote there into the blog was only a fraction of whats to come.
meanwhile i enjoy the release of starpoint gemini 2 and the almost daily hotfix updates for minor bugs.

I read that before the highway rework will make power projection  better but not minimizing it. Bot change balancing is welcome, but does not address the issues about this topic.

RIP PERPETUUM

i mean - highway and teleport revamp = removal of spark teleport.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

i mean - highway and teleport revamp = removal of spark teleport.

Who told you that?

RIP PERPETUUM

See Signature for content

Sparking to other games

Not going to happen- Dev Zoom

My favorite quote.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-01 21:26:20)

why don't you man up and gather a force of people to project your own power?

oh that's right...you guys want the developer to win your battles for you rather than playing the game as its meant to be played.

Surely us taking all but one beta (diplomacy works) and all of gamma would light a fire under more than 15 people to band up and start making an effort...we are not talking about 500+ players vs your 5 man crew...were talking 15 vs the server...and there ARE more than 15 other players...

I mean most of the complainers are long time players, who have a war chest....these are not noobs begging for the dev to strike us down, its wealthy vets...who wont risk nic or ego trying to take stuff for themselves.

Oh and noobs own laosura...so I don't want to hear this about new players not being able to do anything. 

If you wont play the game, please stop making suggestions that the developers code a way for you to win with minimal risk and effort.

You all have unlimited pvp on demand anywhere in the game world, yet you refuse to even try....aside from a few lowly ninja sap attempts....but even then...you couldn't take stations when none of us were active....

so what...why not just ask zoom for a single player version so you 5 or so forum complainers can get the game you want...one where you win all the time without even having to play...which is what you are asking for.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Its a tough request to ask the broken will to reform itself ...much less Lead and Organize Competently.

Stranger, you may see a dozen ways an enemy can strike, but that does not mean they see it.

Sparking to other games

Stranger Danger wrote:

oh that's right...you guys want the developer to win your battles for you rather than playing the game as its meant to be played.

Surely us taking all but one beta (diplomacy works) and all of gamma would light a fire under more than 15 people to band up and start making an effort...we are not talking about 500+ players vs your 5 man crew...were talking 15 vs the server...and there ARE more than 15 other players...

I mean most of the complainers are long time players, who have a war chest....these are not noobs begging for the dev to strike us down, its wealthy vets...who wont risk nic or ego trying to take stuff for themselves.

Oh and noobs own laosura...so I don't want to hear this about new players not being able to do anything. 

If you wont play the game, please stop making suggestions that the developers code a way for you to win with minimal risk and effort.

You all have unlimited pvp on demand anywhere in the game world, yet you refuse to even try....aside from a few lowly ninja sap attempts....but even then...you couldn't take stations when none of us were active....

so what...why not just ask zoom for a single player version so you 5 or so forum complainers can get the game you want...one where you win all the time without even having to play...which is what you are asking for.

jesus you keep posting the same *** bullshit.

even if we did and we won THE PROBLEM WOULD STILL EXIST!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

jesus you keep posting the same *** bullshit.

even if we did and we won THE PROBLEM WOULD STILL EXIST!

Oh Stranger posts the same thing over and over again?  I just thought it was Jita.

Ville wrote:

Oh Stranger posts the same thing over and over again?  I just thought it was Jita.

You think everything is Jita. Your obsessed.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

How many separate power projection threads do we have now from the same person?

Ville wrote:

How many separate power projection threads do we have now from the same person?

About five less than '*** you jita' threads.

I love power projection.

It makes pwning the server that much easier.

I agree that there should be more limiting factors to owning more then a small handful of outposts/gamma islands.

There's a million and one ways to do it, some better than others.

It will never happen because one dude in a basement working on the game can never possibly meet all of the demands of the playerbase.

easier to project power when you have players that are active and log in.

don't get me wrong we hardly log on, just enough to counter your inactivity...but still

if you want to project power, or counter power projection....have you tried...I dunno...playing the damn game?

its all well and good to beg the devs for political based changes....but until you start being a positive influence on the actual game by playing and helping new players looking for active corps I really don't even think you have a right to *** about whats going on in game right now.

but hey, lets make yet another thread about this and hopes it goes the way you want it to?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

In fact, all this is more like a disease: around the clock detectors near the alpha-terminals, numerous eye on beta-terminals. Once someone goes in the direction of the beta islands, people immediately start calling your friends and it does not matter, it's night or day, at work, or people watching TV. Stand only to see the lonely man immediately comes 5-10 wanting to kill him. Guys, this is a disease. You do not shake hands yet, when you see the target in this game?

Same story since Steam EA.

You couldn't take a station. Zoom has to change the game and nerf EWar/detectors.
You couldn't take undefended stations. Zoom has to change the game and unlock them for you.
You couldn't defend SI. Zoom has to change the game and implement a corp-station cap.
You couldn't take a Gamma. Zoom has to change the game and add 5000 islands so you can squeeze out a terminal.

There might be more people playing if Zoom & co. didn't have to play the game for you every 2 weeks.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

You couldn't take a station. Zoom has to change the game and nerf EWar/detectors.
You couldn't take undefended stations. Zoom has to change the game and unlock them for you.
You couldn't defend SI. Zoom has to change the game and implement a corp-station cap.
You couldn't take a Gamma. Zoom has to change the game and add 5000 islands so you can squeeze out a terminal.

There might be more people playing if Zoom & co. didn't have to play the game for you every 2 weeks.

best thing about this post... zoom has nothing to with it. It looks like after years you still have no clue how the game works.

Syndic wrote:

It's different people requesting every one of those points.

Perhaps these people want whats best for a balanced game that supports emergent gameplay and you want whats best for your group of players playing archage.

22 (edited by Burial 2014-10-02 12:30:25)

Half of the changes among others are suggested by your own side. lol

Anyway, this back and forth on the forums is meaningless. What does Zoom think?

Burial wrote:

Anyway, this back and forth on the forums is meaningless. What does Zoom think?

Syndic wrote:

There might be more people playing if there was more to be gained from owning a Beta outpost.

Any discussion on "action to balance the game", as the topic subject puts it, has to start with Alpha I/II, Beta I/II and Gamma rewards, risks and activities. Raw material types/quantities, fertilities, facilities, NPC ranks, artifacts, assignments, SAP loot ... the lot ... all of it ... all these things need re-balancing between island types.

The "problem" of power projection will change when the above re-balance is completed.

25 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-02 12:54:50)

I normally talk the smack in game. But Celebro, do not take this the wrong way. Currently CIR and its alliance do not have enough sparks nor energy to keep Gamma away from other players in game. The reality is they can control up to maybe 3 gamma islands with concentrated effort. But the rest are open. I think one of the big issues is corps are trying to go where CIR and company are at(Listening to the CIR threats and propaganda). If you want your own piece of Gamma heaven. Try a isle 3-4 isles away from the CIR concentration.

It would take a immense effort by CIR and the buddies they have to go after another corp on gamma 3-4 isles away(Make it painful and a significant time loss). In fact last night I mined epi much of the time. The reality even if they have 3-4 accounts each. They do not have enough manpower to maintain or hold Gamma Isles long. In fact they have a hard enough time with just the couple they have now.

A note to add: Ignore the threats, and powerplay.  Part of the propaganda to keep other corps in place.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War