Re: Dear Devs - Why no discussion/action to balance the game?

Jita wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

If you're all for this particular change then of course.

I would put it to some type of survey / poll.

Trouble is everyone votes with their considerable alts.

Zoom is there any movement on the saps? The change request would be making station holders take a sap to increase stability in the same way an attacked reduces it.

That and the spark change should be enough to shake things up.

And since when did the PLAYERS become leaders of content development?  There is nothing wrong with the current SAP mechanic.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I whole heartily disagree with leaving sparks to Alpha only.

Come Ville you said you want it removed or nerfed. fuuu

RIP PERPETUUM

53 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-02 15:46:20)

Ville wrote:

I whole heartily disagree with leaving sparks to Alpha only.

Imagine that!
With the bot and mech speed increases. It should make the game much more fun for the average player. Zoom I would go for it! Take the risk. I can deal with the CIR alliance members being POed and whining for weeks to come.

Besides imagine the possibilities. Having to run through a area of enemy bots just to get to that POS to get your real mechs. Reminds me of corpse runs in Everquest. Frightening , challenging and exciting all at once!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

spark nerf is unpredictable but it would put more strain on the responding force. Regardless the guy on top will continually win if they get all of their men in place first or you outright beat there men.

The only people remaining are the guys who will put that effort in so, good luck with this.

It wont change anything from the current besides how much one side can 

/popcorn

round and round we go

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Jita wrote:

Zoom is there any movement on the saps? The change request would be making station holders take a sap to increase stability in the same way an attacked reduces it.

That and the spark change should be enough to shake things up.

Not too sure about this, I would much rather have it that anyone does not know when an intrusion is going to happen.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don't think you guys understand the ramifications of this change.  If you think for 1 second that pissing off the major power block with change the fact that you won't be able to move as quickily around Betas to ninja SAPs as you do then your dead wrong.  This change will force you to face the main fleet 100% of the time.  Just remember you asked for this.

Ville wrote:

I don't think you guys understand the ramifications of this change.  If you think for 1 second that pissing off the major power block with change the fact that you won't be able to move as quickily around Betas to ninja SAPs as you do then your dead wrong.  This change will force you to face the main fleet 100% of the time.  Just remember you asked for this.

i doubt you can keep that for long , at least not everywhere , like now. Keep working harder for a change you proposed when you were whining about STC controlling everything.

RIP PERPETUUM

58 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-02 15:54:30)

Ville wrote:

Ville, quite simply.. Most of us dont give a damn if we PISS OFF the major power block. Really we DONT! The change gives more opportunity for smaller or newer corps to be more involved without blobbages. Can care less what the powers that be think on this. The reason they have the power in part is due to the spark issue.

By fixing it. Gives other players a chance. Would actually make the game more challenging for both vet and noobie.

If Zoom does do it. You can blame it all on me! Ill be your target I dont MIND!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

Maidden wrote:
Ville wrote:

Ville, quite simply.. Most of us dont give a damn if we PISS OFF the major power block. Really we DONT! The change gives more opportunity for smaller or newer corps to be more involved without blobbages. Can care less what the powers that be think on this. The reason they have the power in part is due to the spark issue.

By fixing it. Gives other players a chance. Would actually make the game more challenging for both vet and noobie.

Thats the aim but it would need to be alongside some more small changes to make it work.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

60 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-02 15:58:39)

Jita wrote:
Maidden wrote:
Ville wrote:

Thats the aim but it would need to be alongside some more small changes to make it work.

What changes would you recommend? Lets start with the first change then add the others. Spark first then can modify. We are not making a bill with 40000 pages of sub changes. Or just as in U.S congress it will never come to pass. One at a time! Sparks first.

61 (edited by Blocker 2014-10-02 15:59:49)

Back in my day *waves walking stick menacingly* if you put your name on a station, you lived there.

Whilst some may agree or disagree on the current intrusion mechanics, there's no reason why we can't try and make improvements. As far as sparks go, I don't think many of us in OTHERS really care what happens in that regard. But if we were to make a choice I think we would vote to either remove them altogether or severely limit them.

Jita wrote:
Maidden wrote:
Ville wrote:

It could help, but lets do one change at a time. I wonder if there was no pvp when sparks where not around lol

RIP PERPETUUM

63 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-10-02 16:04:22)

Allow remote buying and selling.

Zoom, is remote buying and selling really difficult to code or is there some other reason it hasn't yet been introduced.?I can't think of a reason not to introduce it with the game the way it currently is.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

i doubt you can keep that for long , at least not everywhere , like now. Keep working harder for a change you proposed when you were whining about STC controlling everything.

STC had 10 sparks to put ANYWHERE they wanted.  The current system allows you to have 3.  That is a HUGE difference.

Flip this switch, turn this knob, push this button.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

If you were doing that right now then yes I would agree, but as you have a schedule to run (other stuff is taking priority), you could at least minimize the power projection issue by nerfing or removing sparks, which only takes time for you guys to make a decision. This is not political reasoning. Both sides have been trying to tell you this since it was introduced, Ville started this, when STC ruled.

I'm still not convinced that this will help with anything (quite the contrary, I'm expecting even less PvP), but ok.

So how about we disable spark teleports everywhere but Alpha?

If you have to disable anything it's Beta. See my signature for the suggestion.

Blood sparks also have to go. Force players to tie home base to a spark location.

Sparking to other games

67 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-02 16:34:04)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

STC had 10 sparks to put ANYWHERE they wanted.  The current system allows you to have 3.  That is a HUGE difference.

Yes 3 per account, how many accounts do you have again?. Still OP.

There is a reason Eve has a long cool down.

RIP PERPETUUM

Enjoy the ramifications gentlemen.

Ville wrote:

Enjoy the ramifications gentlemen.

Thats so typically childish. Why don't you show your point of view so that we change things for the better

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

They can remove sparks tomorrow

We'll still be on your comms following you around and making your in-game life miserable wherever you go

EOD

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

We'll still be on your comms following you around and making your in-game life miserable wherever you go

EOD

Living the dream my good man, LIVING THE DREAM

Jelan wrote:
Syndic wrote:

EOD

Living the dream my good man, LIVING THE DREAM

He's mad, now he may need to decide to play AA or this if he wants to keep all the outposts.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

EOD

Sounds like harassment.

The problem not in the Sparks... Leave it as it is. The problem in powerful of one alliance and weakness the other. Sparks removing won't help you because of CIR quite rich to able themself dedicated account in the each outpost and under each entrance to beta island.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

The problem not in the Sparks... Leave it as it is. The problem in powerful of one alliance and weakness the other. Sparks removing won't help you because of CIR quite rich to able themself dedicated account in the each outpost and under each entrance to beta island.

I love you and I want your babies.