Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-01-27

Server will be down for a small patch on 2014-01-27 from 15:00 server time (CET). Estimated downtime will be about 1 hour.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-01-27

Paying customer Nerf and oh noes my haulers disappeared in TP patch?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Not sure what you're patching but on the subject of patches:

Hope you reset Gamma and nerf SpT in same patch, not separate. It's convenient to have sparks while clearing out of Gamma. With Sparks nerfed And islands reset maybe you can go so far as to reconnect Alpha Triangle and make use of the Teles with no destinations.

Since Follow is three year old mechanic you should reset EP on all NEXUS and Remote related skills. Take the Sting out of an already highly controversial nerf.

the patch is only for teleport , not follow mechanics.

5 (edited by BadAss 2014-01-27 14:36:12)

without warning? cool. Walk robot without me with mobs smile

upd: ...I just did not see the warning... hmm

Just @ Game

Sorry about that, someone doesn't know how to read the time properly roll

Rage Rex wrote:

Since Follow is three year old mechanic you should reset EP on all NEXUS and Remote related skills. Take the Sting out of an already highly controversial nerf.

+1

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Lately that technical works that lies about carrying out time... already got. Would write honestly that you have no concept about that, what is the time it is required for work. And sudden technical works... even without ingame prevention... so remained you will lose all players.

Rage Rex wrote:

Not sure what you're patching but on the subject of patches:

Hope you reset Gamma and nerf SpT in same patch, not separate. It's convenient to have sparks while clearing out of Gamma. With Sparks nerfed And islands reset maybe you can go so far as to reconnect Alpha Triangle and make use of the Teles with no destinations.

+1 to Gamma and SpT nerf at same time, your logic makes sense. Just not sure SpT is needed since you guys kinda blew out the whole "SpT enabled power projection" forum argument since you took back all the Betas and a few Gammas, when your numbers returned, DESPITE the change not being implemented. Numbers win in this game. And it needed and will still need a cooldown  around 10 minutes between SpT jumps to fix whatever minor OP it was in the first place.

-1 to Nexus and remote reimbursement, these are still valuable to Alpha and Beacon Farmers, and even in PvP, you simply have to pay attention to the second bot. Or have someone else do the Nexus/RSA/RR.

Server is online now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Hey Zoom, Brutux made some jumps from island to island np, but the last one Beta to Alpha he stayed in the black screen and did not reappear. I sent a bot and checked both sides, he wasnt on either. I then relogged him and he appeared on the Alpha side. He was in black screen (no black terminal visible) for at least 10 minutes before I relogged him.

Cassius wrote:

Just not sure SpT is needed since you guys kinda blew out the whole "SpT enabled power projection" forum argument since you took back all the Betas and a few Gammas, when your numbers returned, DESPITE the change not being implemented.

This is exactly why it's still needed. It wasn't about STC having too much power, simply the fact that any corp/alliance with 'numbers' would be too powerful to stop.

Cassius wrote:

Just not sure SpT is needed since you guys kinda blew out the whole "SpT enabled power projection" forum argument since you took back all the Betas and a few Gammas, when your numbers returned, DESPITE the change not being implemented. Numbers win in this game.

You still don't get it, Cassius. If Devs want Two Power Block Server, then keep SpT. If Devs want Regional Power Block Server, remove it or nerf SpT to all hell.

Cassius wrote:

-1 to Nexus and remote reimbursement, these are still valuable to Alpha and Beacon Farmers, and even in PvP, you simply have to pay attention to the second bot. Or have someone else do the Nexus/RSA/RR.

After reset you can reapply if you want. Of course NEXUS and Remote abilities still have plenty of use. They are not useless. But the way those skills will mix from one character to another will be COMPLETELY different. Is it such a big *** deal? You already getting this *** Nerf!

Zoom, reset the EP on above mentioned. It's the least you can do aside from dropping the whole ridiculous Follow idea in the first place. Revisit Follow AFTER Steam. That's what you should really do.

Meh, I'm not gonna beat the dead horse SpT change here, I don't agree with it (nor do I agree with your reasons for it) but thats another thread.

The follow nerf doesnt change the abilities of a logi bot, it simply makes it demand more attention, rather than operate somewhat passively in PvP. I'm against the nerf actually, because I don't think a logi on follow in PvP is a huge advantage and I rarely if ever have used them myself. But it is an advantage multiplier for a multi account player in PvP, so I guess I can see the reason why its suggested.

Back on topic in this thread, Zoom, Brutux again had an issue when jumping from external to external ... he went into black screen and never came out. I didn't wait as long and relogged right away and he appeared on the destination side. Both times this has occured he had already completed several Island-Island jumps.

Cassius: so did you do it on purpose (can it be done on purpose?) or was it random, does it happen always, or? Was it ok on the test server?

Please at least go *** in the appropriate topics that are already opened.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -mechanic/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … teleports/

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

DEV Zoom wrote:

Cassius: so did you do it on purpose (can it be done on purpose?) or was it random, does it happen always, or? Was it ok on the test server?

Looks like there could be an issue when you're jumping from one server to another (between physical machines). The test server is a single machine so it didn't appear there.

DEV Zoom wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Looks like there could be an issue when you're jumping from one server to another (between physical machines). The test server is a single machine so it didn't appear there.

Well then that is not a true test..... wink

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

19 (edited by Cassius 2014-01-28 00:06:37)

Both times it was random ... the first was Port Elia to Hershfield (same server?) the second was Yuri South to Imi North.

The first time it happened I sent a character thru from Oxnair to Port Elia and back, and never had any issues. The second time Brutux was able to jump Oxnair-Port Elia and had no issues until Yuri South

I'm having a issue that, quite honestly, I'm black screening about 3 times as much as I was.  Well, basically I never black screened and now it seems I do all the time.

Also when logging into terrain, my timers are dropping off well before I ever load.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Also when logging into terrain, my timers are dropping off well before I ever load.

That's why I asked in the testing topic whether the timers are long enough or should we extend them more.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Merkle wrote:

That's why I asked in the testing topic whether the timers are long enough or should we extend them more.

I tried it on Test and live server, it seems long enough for me, but if some are having problems, it's not our fault.

'Why you not show up' on GC after the patch? Just wondering smile

RIP PERPETUUM

I really didn't have a problem on the test server.

Is there any way at all to reduce when the player actually "shows up" on terrain?  Is there any way for the client to know its loaded, or about to load, so THEN you get on terrain?   

I was dropping last night well over my timer, about 15 sec after it was out.  This COULD be just me, but my comp and loading times shouldn't be that bad.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Is there any way for the client to know its loaded, or about to load, so THEN you get on terrain?

Of course, that's how it worked so far, until people realized it could be exploited.

Merkle wrote:

I was dropping last night well over my timer, about 15 sec after it was out.  This COULD be just me, but my comp and loading times shouldn't be that bad.

It's 40 seconds from the moment you push the teleport/deploy button, you can time it yourself.

25 (edited by Burial 2014-01-29 17:29:42)

Is it possible to differentiate between inter- and same island jumps? Inter-island jumps, undockings and logging ins could be treated with longer Syndicate Protection and Molecular Instability than same island jumps.