Re: - Spark Teleport - Power Projection - Now with poll!

Why can't we set sparks just to be used at terminals that are controlled by our corporation on PvP islands?

Standard teleports are the current means to get across islands with out sparks.

No one would care about this topic or time taken to travel for PvP if there were more players active on PvP islands. Where simply deploying from a terminal would be equal to entering a battlefield.

202 (edited by Canthra Monero 2013-11-16 19:53:24)

so balf ur actually coming out and saying this game should be slow and boring and people should go elsewhere lol all the problems of this stem from the not having people around.... pissing people off isnt gonna help that its going to make it worse.

Nessa wrote:

Why can't we set sparks just to be used at terminals that are controlled by our corporation on PvP islands?

Standard teleports are the current means to get across islands with out sparks.

No one would care about this topic or time taken to travel for PvP if there were more players active on PvP islands. Where simply deploying from a terminal would be equal to entering a battlefield.

Ohh do u mean u have 3 outposts on a beta and u give each corp in ur alliance a station that way it dint change any thing?    That way u can do it on all betas and gammas but... what abouth alphas and those industirals then?

Gamma Islands killed PVP nuff said. Trail of tear will follow sparks being fixed and epi on betas small scale pvp will thrive!!!!

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

205 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 20:03:56)

I don't really care whether it changes or not. I will just lose one Spark but people more invested on Gamma will get hit hard.

What costs do you exactly propose?
1 for alpha, 3 for beta and gamma?

I still think it's a bad idea. Problem is Beta but those islands really don't get changed and only people getting hit are Gamma folks.

How about something more reasonable like reducing spark setting cost by 1 if you own the terminal/outpost?

Like my previous post, with the correction of 4 for beta outposts:
   - 1 slot: Alpha 1 terminals and outposts
   - 2 slot: Alpha 2 and Beta main terminals
   - 3 slot: Gamma terminals
   - 4 slot: Beta outposts

Burial wrote:

I don't really care whether it changes or not. I will just lose one Spark but people more invested on Gamma will get hit hard.

What costs do you exactly propose?
1 for alpha, 3 for beta and gamma?

Just like all other investments others have done before you to.   Take it like a man and figure out how u wana do this new *** insted of complaining u cant zergspark on ppl any were in the game.

208 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 20:09:43)

@Zoom
Why exactly you think Beta outposts need to be 2x heavier than the terminal?
Why terminal only 2 points if that seems to be the root of all evil?

What's the benefit of having Gamma Outposts at 3?     so little PVP happens on Gamma, and you aren't impacting power projection at all.

My suggestion would be to keep Gamma at 1.

Burial wrote:

How about something more reasonable like reducing spark setting cost by 1 if you own the terminal/outpost?

Then why did you argue that 3 for beta outposts wouldn't make a difference compared to the current situation? smile
Obviously that reduction would be a big advantage for the defending corporations who own many beta outposts.

211 (edited by Burial 2013-11-16 20:17:57)

I was more thinking about the gamma terminals, Zoom.

I would change the system so Beta terminals and outposts are both 3.
With current system I don't see many setting sparks there other than alts/eyes though.

Would Spark Teleportation be the skills that says how many slots you have?

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Umm.   

You all crying only because u have so much at stake all of a sudden..

STC, DOY+ frend own 11 Beta outpost.......

How many Gamma bases do u also have? 5-7?

How easy do u whant it all to be for u?

Estamel, reverse the question.
You had stuff in game and lost it. You don't have the power to take it back.
You are crying to change things to get it back without investment.

How easy do you want it?

2 ways to look at anything, right?

@ Tonnik .... When everyone in game had roughly the same assets, or dedication, there was not an overwhelming majority owned by one group.  SpT for large numbers will make it difficult to hold something. You will need strength to hold something. But shouldnt that be the correct way?

IndustryMonkey wrote:

What's the benefit of having Gamma Outposts at 3?     so little PVP happens on Gamma, and you aren't impacting power projection at all.

My suggestion would be to keep Gamma at 1.

Its to limit usage of the rest of ur spark....

This WILL limit pvp which means less to do lets just admit that right now.

Brutux wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Umm.   

How easy do you want it?

@ Tonnik .... When everyone in game had roughly the same assets, or dedication, there was not an overwhelming majority owned by one group.  SpT for large numbers will make it difficult to hold something. You will need strength to hold something. But shouldnt that be the correct way?

Say what??   I took my *** out of kko when we left the game whats the problem?? not like the SAPs instantly change ownerships any way...   

Your alliance might be the current strongest but dosent mean u shuld own evry thing in game...

If ur so strong and dedicated u can still control the enitre game just takes alot morre effort and sweat.....
And in the end u get bored of SAP hunting and game will be better place to live in

Ok, the reasons behind the numbers:

1 for alphas because they need to be reached easily and don't really contribute to the problem at hand.
2 for alpha2s because they are close to betas, and provide good invasion opportunities with interzone teleports.
2 for beta terminals because they are close to beta outposts but can be easily camped.
3 for gammas because they provide easy jumps to your turtle castles from wherever by avoiding a lot of PvP zones inbetween.
4 for beta outposts because these sparks provide the basis for power projection and make it possible for one corp to defend and hold multiple outposts easily.

Canthra Monero wrote:

This WILL limit pvp which means less to do lets just admit that right now.

yes to some exstent were u cant spark evrry were whit ur zerg.

How ever if it does not get changed there will be NO PVP............

218 (edited by Canthra Monero 2013-11-16 20:36:59)

we have done this dance so many times where people try to predict what is going to happen. we have been around long enough that we should know better. remember when making mobile teles not able to be dropped on island teles happened and everyone said pvp is going to explode.... then it didnt... now were stuck with that bullshit on alphas

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, the reasons behind the numbers:

1 for alphas because they need to be reached easily and don't really contribute to the problem at hand.
2 for alpha2s because they are close to betas, and provide good invasion opportunities with interzone teleports.
2 for beta terminals because they are close to beta outposts but can be easily camped.
3 for gammas because they provide easy jumps to your turtle castles from wherever by avoiding a lot of PvP zones inbetween.
4 for beta outposts because these sparks provide the basis for power projection and make it possible for one corp to defend and hold multiple outposts easily.

ZOOM the correct term is turtle beach not turtle castle

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Canthra Monero wrote:

we have done this dance so many times where people try to predict what is going to happen. we have been around long enough that we should know better. remember when making mobile teles not able to be dropped on island teles happened and everyone said pvp is going to explode.... then it didnt... now were stuck with that bullshit on alphas

*cough* http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=255039 due to placing tele 500m off tele

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Brutux wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

Umm.   

How easy do you want it?

Say what??   I took my *** out of kko when we left the game whats the problem?? not like the SAPs instantly change ownerships any way...   

Your alliance might be the current strongest but dosent mean u shuld own evry thing in game...

If ur so strong and dedicated u can still control the enitre game just takes alot morre effort and sweat.....
And in the end u get bored of SAP hunting and game will be better place to live in

Try reading. Start with this post. Read it again. I quoted you saying we don't want sparks changed because we lose advantages.

Spark changes will not affect our advantages. Other people playing will. Sparks staying the way they are will not affect our advantages. Other people playing will.
And all of us in our alliance would be more than happy for other people to come and take our stations and Gammas with conflict. Its how the game is supposed to work, remember?

Why can you not get this through your *** head?

@ Zoom ... I have 3 sparks on Imi, one at the main terminal, 2 at satellite terminals. I spark to these terminals and mine, because you know, its a big island and mineral fields dint always respawn next to the main terminal. Then I have to haul minerals from the satellite to the main where I produce. It can be a 10-15 minute trip. Under what you propose a gamma spark cost of 3 means I need level 9 simply to have only these 3 sparks, and lvl 10 to have one in Hersh so I have a place to transport what I produce. Therefore this character effectively cannot play in any other area on the map.

So please tell me how your proposal, done for PvP reasons, does not *** an indy player simply playing on one main gamma island? The indy player becomes totally restricted.

one kill..... slaps forehead yup one kill

Balfizar wrote:
Canthra Monero wrote:

*cough* http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=255039 due to placing tele 500m off tele

its not about the explosion of PvP the teleport change was about  being able to drop a beacon and have no risk just jump from tele to tele now theres more risk involved may it be slight risk it is no longer easy mode

DEV Zoom wrote:

Only thing that avoids PVP is a cheap bot carrying teleporters. If you plan to haul items you are still exposing yourself to dangers.

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's NOT a source for power projection. Power projection stems from a lot of other factors but definitely not that. Industry, numbers, player dedication, skill and so on are the factors.
If you make it so expensive to set Beta spark then there will hardly be any people wanting to live there and only things happening will be occasional Epriton ops coming from Alphas.

i didnt say i did not understand why it was implemented, i was saying it was an exercise in futility