Re: - Spark Teleport - Power Projection - Now with poll!

Just to be perfectly clear, I don't expect that PvP will increase due to this change, at least not until we have more players. But I think it will bring more balance to the current situation which is broken exactly because of the low population, and probably even scales well with more players too.

So, we basically wish to remove sparks, remove gamma's, epi is back to the old way. 

So why are we still moving forward in the game, when clearly what everyone wants is to move backwards.  To move back to the old Sap system, the old epi system, the old everything?

Zoom if you want some numbers, of which I dont agree with the premise of.

Alpha 1 2 Beta 2, and Gamma's are all one.

All un-ownable OP's are 5 Points.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Brutux wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Brutux wrote:

Estamel, reverse the question.
You had stuff in game and lost it. You don't have the power to take it back.
You are crying to change things to get it back without investment.

How easy do you want it?

2 ways to look at anything, right?

@ Tonnik .... When everyone in game had roughly the same assets, or dedication, there was not an overwhelming majority owned by one group.  SpT for large numbers will make it difficult to hold something. You will need strength to hold something. But shouldnt that be the correct way?

Say what??   I took my *** out of kko when we left the game whats the problem?? not like the SAPs instantly change ownerships any way...   

Your alliance might be the current strongest but dosent mean u shuld own evry thing in game...

If ur so strong and dedicated u can still control the enitre game just takes alot morre effort and sweat.....
And in the end u get bored of SAP hunting and game will be better place to live in

Try reading. Start with this post. Read it again. I quoted you saying we don't want sparks changed because we lose advantages.

Spark changes will not affect our advantages. Other people playing will. Sparks staying the way they are will not affect our advantages. Other people playing will.
And all of us in our alliance would be more than happy for other people to come and take our stations and Gammas with conflict. Its how the game is supposed to work, remember?

Why can you not get this through your *** head?

@ Zoom ... I have 3 sparks on Imi, one at the main terminal, 2 at satellite terminals. I spark to these terminals and mine, because you know, its a big island and mineral fields dint always respawn next to the main terminal. Then I have to haul minerals from the satellite to the main where I produce. It can be a 10-15 minute trip. Under what you propose a gamma spark cost of 3 means I need level 9 simply to have only these 3 sparks, and lvl 10 to have one in Hersh so I have a place to transport what I produce. Therefore this character effectively cannot play in any other area on the map.

So please tell me how your proposal, done for PvP reasons, does not *** an indy player simply playing on one main gamma island? The indy player becomes totally restricted.

Yes but what you dont seam to get in to YOUR head is that its only king of the hill game paly.  were the strongest rules all betas and a wole bunch of gammas.... its not good game paly or the way the game was designed..

229 (edited by Merkle 2013-11-16 20:52:50)

Sandbox?  We can do what we wish.

Guess not.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Funding wrote:

I apologize that I haven't read the entire thread.  I am likewise certain that I don't fully understand all the concerns but I think I see most of them.

What if we changed the mechanic of owning stations rather than sparks.  Make owning stations based on some CEO/Corporate skill that is expensive.  Owning one is cheap, with the cap of station ownership less than half of all stations.. and make it about picking the RIGHT stations rather than getting all of them.

Then change the spark mechanic to allow corp only use of a teleport between corp owned stations.  This would make it so corps could rally to their own troops and defended their limited stations easily..but not provide offensive advantage for teleporting.  The point is to create incentives to select from all the available stations those that best serve the corporate interest but provide a game limitation on no corp every being able to dominate the entirety of the station inventory.

It won't prevent alliances from cooperating, but the teleportation limits the cooperation instantly (has to be planned for all to arrive on time) as well as provide more roaming/away from station convoy ambushes.  This spark limitation would not apply to alpha 1 or 2.  Ie., don't impact the industrials as harshly.

An example maxxed pvp character (spark 10) with maxxed corp would have:

Up to 4-6 stations that can be owned of the 18 stations.  The member would use 6 of his teleport sparks on those terminals, leaving 4 sparks for alphas.

A intermediate player with moderate skills (spark 7) could have 2-4 stations of the 18, with the remaining
3-4 for alpha.

The new player (spark 0-4) with newb corp could have 0-1 stations fairly easily.  Leaving 2-3 teleports for alpha.

Uber alliance with 6 maxxed corps could conceivably control all stations, but that would mean significant ep investment, major coordination, and could be challenged at weak points for other to break.  The alliance would have to roam to support the member corps instead of just insta-jump.  Also limit the number of stations on any one island.. maybe to no more than 2/4 1/3, preventing a corp from "owning an island".  They either recruit an alliance corp to join them or they leave themselves open to island warfare with enemy.

I intended this as a balanced submission, not as a partisan post.  Be kind.

Funding

I suggested this already.  A Corporate spark teleport.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Well, let's spend the next 30 pages by discussing slot numbers then, because this will be done. Although I believe it would be a miracle if you all would come to an agreement on that. big_smile

Brutux wrote:

because you know, its a big island and mineral fields dint always respawn next to the main terminal. Then I have to haul minerals from the satellite to the main where I produce. It can be a 10-15 minute trip.

Holy Sparkness!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Like my previous post, with the correction of 4 for beta outposts:
   - 1 slot: Alpha 1 terminals and outposts
   - 2 slot: Alpha 2 and Beta main terminals
   - 3 slot: Gamma terminals
   - 4 slot: Beta outposts

Beta Main terminals should cost the same as Beta Outposts imo.

Thanks Zoom for finally, seeing the problem.  Also try not to take 6 months to reinvent the wheel.

kthnx

Canthra Monero wrote:

one kill..... slaps forehead yup one kill

I think you and merkle benefited more from that "nerf" then anyone whats daddy Merkle's scarab count up to these days....

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

after i had some more time of thinking and reading some of the other ppl opinions i have to say that the slot idea in the form is a very bad idea.

it totaly punishes the ppl that have set up something on gamma. the whole pvp problem was about the betas from the start and the gammas are in terms of sparks a different thing.
even the opposite.

the spark teleport is 10 at max.
if you make it that system you can have max 2 gammas +1 betas.

to defend a gamma efficiently you need at least 3 sparks on that one island or the enemy can easy outmanuver you by simply using mobile teleports. you cant jump after them in most caeses because your fleet will be killed one by one when you jump after them.

maintaining a gamma is a fifferent thing. you need to move around a lot and mostly you can cut half the travel by sparking to the terminal close to the job. thats why i have 3 sparks on my main industrial island. 2 other sparks on other gamma bases (that are all mine. no allied bases). with that change ppl will have to use a extreme ammount of time just for the travel.
i need to get somewhere on the island and do something. atm i pick one of the 3 terminals i have sparks jump there, grab a bot i need and get out to do it. travel still 5-10 mins. if i only have one spark then traven will go up to 15-30mins or more. 2-way and a mobile tele will not always help you. so if i dont have 2 hours of playtime i dont have to think about doing it because most of the time will be killed by getting to the job instead of doing the job.

from the nine sparks i have atm (what is already a high ep investment) are 5 gamma one beta terminal and 3 beta outposts (from which i could free 2 that i dont realy need there).

cutting down on gamma sparks will mean that most gamma projects will be very hard to do. just because of imense time eating for travel. that is not the way to go devs.

then go another way. get some corporate sparks and some personal sparks.
corporate sparks will be to the stations that your corp owns. beta outposts and gamma terminals. thses will only be the ones your corp owns. not the one your friends own. for that you then can use the personal sparks that in your suggested system would be sufficient. but ppl still have their way to run their bases.

3 sparks for ppl who have invested a lot (yes a lot) time into their gammas is a slap into the face. because now its not maintainable. will you reimbuse that along spt ep? bts ill take 50€/h as self employed person ... well you can check my online time in the last year or so...

Heres a suggestion. Limit sparks to 2. Plus a blood spark.
But allow player built teleports on Gammas, only accessible on island (ie you cannot interzone to them)

This limits the current SpT that clearly is the sole reason Perp is not bigger than EvE and has amazing and constant PvP (sarcasm possible)

This allows industrials to use their islands for industrial purposes.
And while we are at it how about some sort of structure limit on Gammas, something balanced that would allow for the creation of player fortresses but make difficult the creation of island fortesses.

Seriously, this post has much better ideas to fix the game than the 55 pages of bullshit you are listening to, Zoom.

-Alpha 1 Terminal 1
-Alpha 1 OP and Alpha 2 terminal 2.
-Beta Main terminal 3
-Beta Op 4
-Gamma (Corp CEO selects 1 as "main terminal" Spark costs 1) all others cost 3

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

Options:

1. Original: Alpha1=1, Alpha2=2, Beta terminal=2, Gamma=3, Beta outpost=4
2. Even-out: Alpha1=1, Alpha2=2, Beta terminal=3, Gamma=3, Beta outpost=3
3. Easy: Alpha1=1, Alpha2=2, Beta terminal=2, Gamma=2, Beta outpost=3

Should I make a poll?

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

after i had some more time of thinking and reading some of the other ppl opinions i have to say that the slot idea in the form is a very bad idea.

it totaly punishes the ppl that have set up something on gamma. the whole pvp problem was about the betas from the start and the gammas are in terms of sparks a different thing.
even the opposite.

the spark teleport is 10 at max.
if you make it that system you can have max 2 gammas +1 betas.

to defend a gamma efficiently you need at least 3 sparks on that one island or the enemy can easy outmanuver you by simply using mobile teleports. you cant jump after them in most caeses because your fleet will be killed one by one when you jump after them.

maintaining a gamma is a fifferent thing. you need to move around a lot and mostly you can cut half the travel by sparking to the terminal close to the job. thats why i have 3 sparks on my main industrial island. 2 other sparks on other gamma bases (that are all mine. no allied bases). with that change ppl will have to use a extreme ammount of time just for the travel.
i need to get somewhere on the island and do something. atm i pick one of the 3 terminals i have sparks jump there, grab a bot i need and get out to do it. travel still 5-10 mins. if i only have one spark then traven will go up to 15-30mins or more. 2-way and a mobile tele will not always help you. so if i dont have 2 hours of playtime i dont have to think about doing it because most of the time will be killed by getting to the job instead of doing the job.

from the nine sparks i have atm (what is already a high ep investment) are 5 gamma one beta terminal and 3 beta outposts (from which i could free 2 that i dont realy need there).

cutting down on gamma sparks will mean that most gamma projects will be very hard to do. just because of imense time eating for travel. that is not the way to go devs.

then go another way. get some corporate sparks and some personal sparks.
corporate sparks will be to the stations that your corp owns. beta outposts and gamma terminals. thses will only be the ones your corp owns. not the one your friends own. for that you then can use the personal sparks that in your suggested system would be sufficient. but ppl still have their way to run their bases.

3 sparks for ppl who have invested a lot (yes a lot) time into their gammas is a slap into the face. because now its not maintainable. will you reimbuse that along spt ep? bts ill take 50€/h as self employed person ... well you can check my online time in the last year or so...

we spend months walling off our beta back in the day we also spent months worth of nic and when the mechanics were changed we didnt get refunded

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Brutux wrote:

But allow player built teleports on Gammas, only accessible on island (ie you cannot interzone to them)

This limits the current SpT that clearly is the sole reason Perp is not bigger than EvE and has amazing and constant PvP (sarcasm possible)

And while we are at it how about some sort of structure limit on Gammas, something balanced that would allow for the creation of player fortresses but make difficult the creation of island fortesses.

Seriously, this post has much better ideas to fix the game than the 55 pages of bullshit you are listening to, Zoom.

Why do u suggest things that keep u 100% safe from geting killed?

Balfizar wrote:

we spend months walling off our beta back in the day we also spent months worth of nic and when the mechanics were changed we didnt get refunded

This. I spent @ 5bill I know the corp spent more.

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Brutux wrote:

Sigh. Seriously? Try and think a little before you post.

If you cap structures and cannot wall off Gamma island teleports, any Gamma can now be roamed (ie NOT 100% SAFE)
By being able to build a fortress you guarantee it won't be destroyed in one swoop while you are offline. Clearly your miners and anyone outside your fortress would be a target. Not like the current situation where I can min afk in a Scarab MK2 afk 24/7 in 100% safety.

Please think a little before posting again.

244 (edited by Mongolia Jones 2013-11-16 21:35:48)

Burial wrote:

If you make it so expensive to set Beta spark then there will hardly be any people wanting to live there and only things happening will be occasional Epriton ops coming from Alphas.

Who is living on beta now?  All your side does currently, is to use betas for easy spark-ins for a large force for the sole purpose of denying others from using and living on beta.

This will INCREASE beta usage, as the people who want to live on beta intend to USE it. 

You guys NEVER use betas except for one-click ganks.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Burial wrote:

If you make it so expensive to set Beta spark then there will hardly be any people wanting to live there and only things happening will be occasional Epriton ops coming from Alphas.

Who is living on beta now?  All your side does currently, is to use betas for easy spark-ins for a large force for the sole purpose of denying others from using and living on beta.

This will INCREASE beta usage, as the people who want to live on beta intend to USE it. 

You guys NEVER use betas except for one-click ganks.

name the ppl that want to live on beta. i only see one small corp doing that and this is rad.

Brutux wrote:
Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Brutux wrote:

Sigh. Seriously? Try and think a little before you post.

If you cap structures and cannot wall off Gamma island teleports, any Gamma can now be roamed (ie NOT 100% SAFE)
By being able to build a fortress you guarantee it won't be destroyed in one swoop while you are offline. Clearly your miners and anyone outside your fortress would be a target. Not like the current situation where I can min afk in a Scarab MK2 afk 24/7 in 100% safety.

Please think a little before posting again.

I dont even see were u got all that BS from?

How does sparkTeleport  Cap Gamma base structures?   I wuld like to see it change and be limited but thats a diffrent forum post.
U and i know evry bases made walled off all teleports

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

name the ppl that want to live on beta. i only see one small corp doing that and this is rad.

Rad because you "let" them take NC? Or should I dig through chat logs. oh wait we can just go to the Corp dialogs and see how they felt. Or how during the last sap that was gonna put their name on it STC used SpT to go to Dana to  complete a "Show of Force" and strut mk2 tyranos in front of a corp that fields 2 kains and some assaults. Way to go big guys.

make a poll with an option to not do it at all would be the way

Canthra Monero wrote:

yeah so the winner has the most alts.  and borrowed accounts

Canthra Monero wrote:

y so ur group who makes up most of the server can just all vote no with ur mains and alt account then put more spin on it saying well the communtiy as a whole doesnt want it....

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos