Re: Spark Teleports

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … teleports/ smile

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Cassius wrote:

...who owns what Outposts, who controls what, is primarily dependant on NUMBERS.

You are correct, in a world where there are 10 sparks to 10 locations, who owns Nia is dependant on NUMBERS.  This is what we have been saying all along, I'm glad you have come to our reasoning.

But as you will find out once the spark patch goes in, NUMBERS will have less of an impact.  Which is the point of the patch.

Gibo pointed out what I was going to say. Before SpT was in the game numbers ruled. The proposed change wont change this in any way.

If you can read without political glasses on I have actually agreed with many things on your side.

No to nerf Ewar
No to any reimbursement caused by bug or losses on Xiantor.
Yes that SpT could use a cooldown. I just differ on how much of a cooldown is needed.
I think 10 minutes, 30, max, would be enough to nerf SpT as an aid to power projection while not *** it for the rest of the game activites where travel sucks. You guys have suggested 4-24 hr cooldowns, I think thats overkill.

More SpT locations = More Industry. Period. Did everyone forget you now needed 3-4 times the number of bots to stock your SpT locations? This is a boom to industry, and markets. And more PvP bots means more potential for PvP.

Also, recently another corp member sold me some minerals. We both used SpT to move around to various terminals to complete this transaction. Less SpT means this simple transaction will not be possible or make it tedious and much longer to complete. So it nerfs trade. The game needs the ability to do remote contracts but hey, its not here now.

With the limits proposed, power projection is nerfed, but only slightly. You can still cover anywhere within 10 minutes, and you can still INSTANTLY SpT multiple times without cooldown. But the same nerf kills many trade transactions and minimizes market production.

So it does ***. Thats why I dont like it. And whoa, the political map has changed, no longer do we own everything. Guess what my position hasn't.

Thanks for the brick comment Rex, clearly you don't understand all the ramifications of the proposal and what it affects, and what it will do.

Ville wrote:

***update***. I was wrong.  I made this whole thread up as a troll.  No one alliance could EVER own every Beta station, assault gamma islands and still have time to do 150 nora plants in a day.  This could NEVER happen!

Curious, but is harvesting Noragalis on Kraslovsk better than on Bergers? Because on Bergers its pretty amazing, far better than Imidero.

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

***update***. I was wrong.  I made this whole thread up as a troll.  No one alliance could EVER own every Beta station, assault gamma islands and still have time to do 150 nora plants in a day.  This could NEVER happen!

Curious, but is harvesting Noragalis on Kraslovsk better than on Bergers? Because on Bergers its pretty amazing, far better than Imidero.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

Ok, so Kras is not as good, thanks. I consider you the expert on Bergers and I have many other questions about it but I will ask you elsewhere, I don't want to go off topic here.

Speaking of which, back on topic, SpT change, Waah!!!

You sound like a Pokémon nerd.  Makes sense imo.

Holy ***, who ever thought of the spark change idea is a *** ***, its hard as hell to get around now.  This sucks.

Ville wrote:

Holy ***, who ever thought of the spark change idea is a *** ***, its hard as hell to get around now.  This sucks.

Totally sucks now, I cant be everywhere.

Celebro's body guard

So, post changes.

I feel like I am playing a game now.

We have to plan some movements and it takes some time and stuff.  There are decisions to be made and stuff.

Almost feels like pre spark.  Just enough spark not to be crushing terrible

Agreed.

Told you so.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

1,236 (edited by Jita 2014-03-24 19:22:46)

My only criticism would be having to get noobs to take a relatively difficult skill to 8 as a minimum. Be good if there was no skill and a reset

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

With the current way sparks work I'd lower their complexity down a notch.

Spark Teleport is the new Navigation.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

This...

Syndic wrote:

If its the new Navigation, can't we just get rid of the skill entirely and just give everyone 10 slots from the get go?

1,240 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-24 21:28:09)

Martha Stuart wrote:
Syndic wrote:

If its the new Navigation, can't we just get rid of the skill entirely and just give everyone 10 slots from the get go?

Yes please. Think about dem new players as well... Having to get at least spark tele to 8 as a new player is just stupid. Then you can have the adv. spark tele as a new skill. wink

1,241 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-03-25 01:29:48)

Martha Stuart wrote:
Syndic wrote:

+1

..still not a fan of this particular Point Allocation spark nerf. Even though I think it does not go far enough it really should not be tied to EP in any way. Plus I hope there are still other teleport and highway enhancements on the way, along with contracts systems and remote buy sell. Those problems still exist and need a proper solution.

I'm the other way around tbh. I think they should bring navigation skills back. People will whine about speed no matter how fast their bots are. Navigation skills make them feel like they can do something about it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I'm the other way around tbh. I think they should bring navigation skills back. People will whine about speed no matter how fast their bots are. Navigation skills make them feel like they can do something about it.

With that way we could then have a set of skills like "Basic/Advanced/Expert Betterisation", "Basic/Advanced/Expert Easysation", some others, which would have complexity at 9 (getting easy should be a hard way!) and basically, do nothing more than a psychological effect.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I know what you are saying but these mechanics already exist in the form of basic / advanced / expert which give smaller increments of increase over three extensions rather than one hard one.

Psychology is important in games.

Rage Rex wrote:
Martha Stuart wrote:
Syndic wrote:

+1

..still not a fan of this particular Point Allocation spark nerf. Even though I think it does not go far enough it really should not be tied to EP in any way. Plus I hope there are still other teleport and highway enhancements on the way, along with contracts systems and remote buy sell. Those problems still exist and need a proper solution.

I agree with you here. Sparking is just a bandage. Hopefully the transportation gets overhaul in the future and sparking can be removed completely.

1,246 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-25 15:49:57)

It should get much better with remote facility access, and remote market access , better designed high ways and with more players private assignments might become rather useful.

RIP PERPETUUM

Only took a year to get.

I think a sincere appology is due to the OP.

Come on...  I told you about power projection(well Arga) and you would not listen.  Now you pay the price...  Gammas not going to be ANY different...  You know this is coming wink

Nerf sparks more. Like, out of the game.